4th June 2017, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Admission in BE Automobile is possible after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?

Can i get admission in BE for automobile engineering after doing diploma in mechanical engineering? I want to do this course at any cost, please explain me.

Related Questions:
  1. Is diploma in automobile equivalent to mechanical in PSU?
  2. What should I do next after completion of diploma in automobile? -- [New]
  3. Is it possible to take automobile engineering degree after completion of mechanical diploma?
  4. Can I go for B.Tech automobile engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  5. Is Automobile engineering after Diploma in Mechanical tough or easy?
  6. Can I get admission in Anna University for pursuing BE or B.Tech Automobile Engineering after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from Mumbai? Requirements to get admission?
  7. Which is better to take mechanical or automobile engineering? Which is better to study diploma or to take MPC in Inter?
  8. Can I study B.E.(Automobile Engineering) if completed 3 years full time Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? List of colleges in Maharashtra?
  9. Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering for a good career?
  10. Difference between Automobile Engineering and Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope in both? Which diploma course should I join? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Am i eligible for 2nd year Lateral entry in Mechanical Engineering? i have done diploma in Automobile engineering with 74%.
  12. What are the various engineering diploma course available currently?
  13. Additional courses available to study for Diploma Automobile Engineer?
  14. Which are the courses that can be done after Diploma in Automobile Engineering? Can I do Agriculture Engineering after 10th and Diploma in Automobile Engineering?
  15. How to take admission in B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering after completing diploma course with Automobile Engineering
  16. Should i continue my school or start learning how to fix vehicles?
  17. What should I learn within mechanical or automobile engineering after passing diploma in automobile engineering?
  18. Can I apply for admission in Canada after diploma in automobile engineering?
4th June 2017, 10:04 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in BE Automobile is possible after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.E Automobile Engineering after completion of your three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream or three years Diploma course in Mechanical or Automobile Engineering are eligible to pursue Automobile Engineering course. Being a Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of four years B.E Automobile Engineering through lateral entry admission process.
4th June 2017, 11:24 PM
help100%

Default Re: Admission in BE Automobile is possible after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?

Ofcourse after pursuing diploma in mechanical one can take admission in BE course, but for that you need to appear in the respective entrance exams to be conducted by the various universities. If you qualify in such exam then you may take admission in BE but the branch must be oriented to Mechanical, like Automobile is the one you choose to pursue.
4th June 2017, 11:42 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can do BTech in automobile engineering after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering as per the minimum eligibility criteria.
The candidates who have passed a 3 years diploma in Engineering with 45% marks are eligible for the B tech in automobile engineering. The admission to the course will be done through an entrance examination. The candidates will be admitted directly to the second year of the B tech automobile engineering through Lateral Entry Entrance Test.
5th June 2017, 09:36 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely Automobile Engineering is a subsidiary of the Mechanical branch.

After pursuing Diploma in Automobile Engineering, you can apply for lateral entry into the Mechanical branch.

After passing the lateral entry exam of any specific college, you will get admission into Bachelor course of the Mechanical branch.
5th June 2017, 03:20 PM
GopinKumar

Smile Re: Admission in BE Automobile is possible after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i get admission in BE for automobile engineering after doing diploma in mechanical engineering? I want to do this course at any cost, please explain me.
Yes.. You can go for lateral entry to Bachelors in Automobile engineering after Diploma in any stream in institutions like Manav Rachna university, Lovely Professional university etc. You may have to score more than 60% mark to get admission in such institutes.
5th June 2017, 07:09 PM
rachamallamanoj

Yes you can get admission in B.E automobile engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering. You must appear for the engineering common entrance exam after completing diploma or being in the final year of diploma

There are less colleges offering automobile engineering course, so you must choose the right college and best college.

The entrance exam you can apply are
1. JEE
2. BITSAT
3. VITEEE
4. SRMEEE
5. MU OET

You can get direct admission in 2nd year B.Tech as lateral entry.
Your age must be in 17 - 25 years.

The best automobile engineering colleges in India are

1. IIT Delhi
2. IIT Roorkee
3. Sathyabama University Chennai
4. Manipal Institute of Technology Manipal
5. Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology Chennai
6. Madras Institute of Technology Chennai
7. P.S.G. College of Technology Coimbato
8. SCMS School of Engineering and Technology (SSET), Cochin
9. Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI), Mumbai
10. SRM University, Chennai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?