2nd February 2011, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Admission in Engineering without living in one state for more than 7 years?

my children are in cbse and we r roaming all over the india so in the joining of engineering they will ask you have to study 7 years in any one state and pls tell me the way how to they will join in engineering and which exams they r write

2nd February 2011, 12:18 PM
diego
Banned

Default Re: Admission in Engineering without living in one state for more than 7 years?

Well, You have got a big misconception here, it is not that only domicile students can take admission in engineering/med courses.What you know is true only for state level exams.. still in those colleges which fill from state exam there are free seats which anyone can take regardless of his/her place of residence also the.
There are National level exams like
IIT-JEE
/ AIEEE
/BITS pilani/
DCE etc.
through which children can take admission anywhere in the country.
In addition state level exams Like WEBJEE/Mh-CET/UPTEC/
through which outside state students can also take admission
Furthe there are numerous private colleges like VIT/AMITY/MIT,Pune/Anna university etc.
so conclusion just dont worry... let the kids get to +2 then they will manage.
chill out.
2nd February 2011, 04:17 PM
mychandru024

Default Re: Admission in Engineering without living in one state for more than 7 years?

they can write AIEEE & IIT-JEE... there is no restriction like that of state exams. You will get some reservation based on state. But your children will surely get a seat if they do well in the exam(AIEEE). I think they(in AIEEE) are removing reservation for state candidates. So, its going to be much more easier.
2nd February 2011, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

I need to join you for sholarship in electrical and computer engineering for MSc in communication engineering
3rd February 2011, 11:38 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my children are in cbse and we r roaming all over the india so in the joining of engineering they will ask you have to study 7 years in any one state and pls tell me the way how to they will join in engineering and which exams they r write
there r several collages which takes the equally.
iit,aieee,vit,bits
so u did not need to worry about this matter
just concentrate on ur studies
23rd January 2012, 10:06 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI,
NO,
It is not necessary to study 7year in on state.
For study in top college he have to qualify the entrance exam like A.I.E.E.E, I.I.T-J.E.E etc.
A.I.E.E.E exam is conducted by C.B.S.E once in a year.

It is a national level exam.

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass 12th with Physics, chemistry and maths with minimum 50% marks.
> Must be above 17 year and below 25 year.
> Must be citizen of India.

IMPORTANT DATES FOR A.I.E.E.E exam.

Online submission of application:- 15.11.2011 to 31.12.2011

Last date of receipt of form and D.D:- 05-01-2012

Date of online exam:- 07-05-2012 to 26-05-2012

Date of offline exam:- 29.04.2012

I am sorry to say that he can't apply in 2012 because last date of sale of form and submission of form is over.

ALL THE BEST!
31st January 2012, 01:35 PM
swati_forum

Well, You have got a big misconception here, it is not that only domicile students can take admission in engineering/med courses.What you know is true only for state level exams.. still in those colleges which fill from state exam there are free seats which anyone can take regardless of his/her place of residence also the.
There are National level exams like
IIT-JEE
/ AIEEE
/BITS pilani/
DCE etc.
through which children can take admission anywhere in the country.
In addition state level exams Like WEBJEE/Mh-CET/UPTEC/
through which outside state students can also take admission
Furthe there are numerous private colleges like VIT/AMITY/MIT,Pune/Anna university etc.
so conclusion just dont worry... let the kids get to +2 then they will manage.
chill out.
31st January 2012, 05:13 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

It is not necessary to study 7 years in one state.Your kids can pursue their Engineering by attempting many National level exams like IIT-JEE/ AIEEE/BITS pilani/DCE etc. and state level exams Like WEBJEE/Mh-CET/UPTEC.

To join an Engineering You can take an engineering entrance exam and join an engineering college if you have passed 10+2 or its equivalent exam from a recognized Board/University with a minimum aggregate of 50 % marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. You can also take the entrance test if you are appearing for the qualifying exam of 10+2.
31st January 2012, 05:13 PM
mani_baban

HI,
NO,
It is not necessary to study 7year in on state.
For study in top college he have to qualify the entrance exam like A.I.E.E.E, I.I.T-J.E.E etc.
A.I.E.E.E exam is conducted by C.B.S.E once in a year.

It is a national level exam.

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass 12th with Physics, chemistry and maths with minimum 50% marks.
> Must be above 17 year and below 25 year.
> Must be citizen of India.

IMPORTANT DATES FOR A.I.E.E.E exam.

Online submission of application:- 15.11.2011 to 31.12.2011

Last date of receipt of form and D.D:- 05-01-2012

Date of online exam:- 07-05-2012 to 26-05-2012

Date of offline exam:- 29.04.2012

I am sorry to say that he can't apply in 2012 because last date of sale of form and submission of form is over.

ALL THE BEST!
31st January 2012, 05:57 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

it is not necessary to a candidate to stay in a state 7 years or more than this.

you can prepare for I.I.T. or A.I.E.E.E. or J.E.E. examination.

AIEEE 2012 Eligibility Criteria:-

* For AIEEE a candidate needs to pass in Class 12th with Physics and Mathematics is compulsory subjects & at least one of the subjects among Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science or Biology.
* And for Architecture Courses Mathematics is compulsory subjects in class 12th with at least 50% marks aggregate.

Forms will be available in designated branches of Syndicate Bank, CBSE Regional Office and Selected Institutes

A.I.E.E.E. 2012 exam dates:- AIEEE 2012 will be held from 29th April (Sunday) till 26th May 2012.

good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?