5th June 2017, 12:23 PM
StutiMazgaonkar

Admission procedure to follow to apply for Genetics after completion of 12th standard?

Respected Sir/Mam, I have completed my 12 HSC in New Model Junior College Kolhapur, Maharashtra. I have scored 61% with group PCMB+ Hindi & English. I had also attempted CET scoring 95 out of 300 with PCMB. I am very much interested in Genetics. Could I get admission for Genetics? What courses should I go through for Genetics? I would be very thankful to you if you please guide me about it.

Reply,
Looking forward,
Thanking you,
Stuti Mazgaonkar

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure to follow for getting admission in JNU after completion of 12th standard?
  2. What is the procedure followed to apply for Indian CDC after completion of 12th standard?
  3. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for B.Sc honors in Biology after completion of 12th standard?
  4. Is BBA course considered to be a graduation course or not?
  5. Is there any scholarship available for getting admission in Shri Ram college after completion of 12th standard?
  6. Is it possible for me to get admission for 12th standard after completion of 11th standard?
  7. What is the procedure to follow to get admission in NCL for nanotechnology after completion of 12th?
  8. What is the procedure for taking 12th standard admission after completion of 11th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Am I eligible to apply for NDA entrance exam after completion of 12th standard?
  10. What is the procedure to follow for getting admission in schools like CHU for 11th and 12th standard?
  11. What is the scope of fishery course after completion of 12th standard?
  12. Procedure to become a Pilot after completion of 10th Class?
  13. What is the procedure to get admission in ISRO after completion of 12th class?
  14. What is the procedure followed to apply for nautical engineering after completion of 12th standard?
  15. Is it possible to take BDS course after completion of VHSE Agriculture in 12th standard?
  16. Procedure to get admission in Punjab University after completion of 12th standard?
  17. What is the procedure followed to do post graduation in Plant breeding and genetics in abroad?
  18. Am I eligible to do masters in Genetics in abroad after completion of B.Pharmacy?
5th June 2017, 05:50 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission procedure to follow to apply for Genetics after completion of 12th standard?

As you have passed your 12th standard with PCMB, so you can join Genetic Engineering degree course. Minimum percentage you must have scored is 55%. Moreover you can also get into graduation in microbiology or Bioinformatics to get into this field of genetic engineering. Most of the colleges which offer these graduation courses conduct entrance exams and you must have a score of more than 70% in 12th exam to appear for entrance exam.
You can take Combined Biotechnology Entrance Exam to get your post graduation degree from the prestigious University of India.
You can also go through competitive exams like IIT, EAM CET to get selected in this course.
Genetics is offered at the undergraduate level, at Kakatiya University, Warangal and Osmania University, Hyderabad, both in Andhra Pradesh.
5th June 2017, 08:48 PM
rachamallamanoj

Default Re: Admission procedure to follow to apply for Genetics after completion of 12th standard?

Yes you can get admission in genetics course in graduation after completing 12th PCMB course with 61% marks.

The eligibility for Genetics course is
1. You must complete 12th with PCMB course from a recognised board.
2. You can apply for B.Tech genetic engineering by applying for the engineering entrance exams.
3. You can also apply for B.Sc genetic course from a reputed college.

You can expect for jobs in the following sector
1. Medical Industry
2. Agricultural sector
3. Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industries

The top genetic engineering colleges are
1. SRM University Chennai
2. Bharath University Chennai
3. Aryabhatta Knowledge University
4. Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research B'lore
5. Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University
6. Bharath Institute of Science and Technology Chennai
7. Indian Institute of Science B'lore
8. Kuvempu University
9. Madurai Kamaraj University
6th June 2017, 07:31 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in genetics engineering.
B.E/ B.Tech in genetic engineering is an under graduate course which is 4 years and 8 semesters in it. This course deals with DNA, synthetic genes, classical genetic methods and etc. The eligibility details are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should complete their 10+2 or any equivalent education in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics with minimum 50% from any recognized board.
- The admissions are given based on the entrance exams conducted by the state or to get admission in IIT's you need to write JEE.
- After the entrance exam results you need to attend the counseling then you need to choose the college.
- You will get admission after the counseling.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?