15th July 2011, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

After 12th can I do IAS? If I have scored 84 marks in accountancy and have taken Maths as an additional subject can I do it?

hey
i m noor. actually i wanted to ask u dat can i do IAS after my +2 as my +2 examz are over and i have got 84 marks in accountancy and has taken maths as an additional subject.plz let me know if i can do so and if yes then from where i can get thew forms

Related Questions:
  1. Can i do B.Com Accountancy Honours in ST. Xaviers College, Ranchi without studying Maths in 12th?
  2. Colleges offering B.Com(Accountancy) in Kolkata to a candidate who has scored 91 marks in Accountancy and secured 70% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  3. Admission in Btech with maths as additional subject
  4. Courses which I can do after passing 12th commerce with 62.2% without Maths?
  5. PUC commerce student with Maths, Economics, Business, Accountancy Subject Eligible for IAS exam?
  6. Whether best of 4 subjects includes English and Bengali considerable for admission in Accountancy Honours? Can I get admission if scored less marks in Maths and Statistics and secured above 70% in Pure Economics and Accountancy?
  7. BCA from IP University after 43.6% marks in 12th, Chemistry additional subject and 40 marks in maths?
  8. Am i eligible for CA after 12th by taking maths as an additional subject?
  9. Preferred subject to choose in graduation in order to prepare for IAS?
  10. Whether Biology becomes the main subject upon disqualifying in Mathematics of 12th WBCHSE? -- [New]
  11. Am I eligible for pursuing B.Com hons in Accountancy?
  12. Repeating 12th class if failed in one subject but passed in additional subject
  13. Mathematics will become optional if score less marks than Biology in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  14. Minimum marks required in Accountancy to study B.Com Honors? I have passed 12th
  15. Is it difficult to get job if scored 58 marks in 12th Mathematics?
  16. Can I get admission in SOL after scoring 36% in 12th standard with grace marks in Accountancy?
  17. Economics or Computer as optional subject for ICSE board exam?
  18. How much percentage to score to get in BCA after 12th? Can I do BCA after 12th without Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
16th July 2011, 12:49 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After 12th can I do IAS? If I have scored 84 marks in accountancy and have taken Maths as an additional subject can I do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hey
i m noor. actually i wanted to ask u dat can i do IAS after my +2 as my +2 examz are over and i have got 84 marks in accountancy and has taken maths as an additional subject.plz let me know if i can do so and if yes then from where i can get thew forms
You are Not eligible to apply for IAS Examination.

But Please dont worry, You can apply for IAS Examination After Completing your Graduation Degree Course.

Firstly, I have to inform you that If your aim is to become IAS Officer, then You have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination, And for appear in this examination, you need to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised university.

There is no minimum Percentage eligibility criteria to apply for This examination, If you have passed your graduation, then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services exams.

You have already completed your 12Th examination, So please go with Bachelor degree course and after graduate degree course you are eligible to apply for UPSC CSAT Examination. But to apply for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 years.

The Notification was published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC Official website In the month of February every year, Eligible Candidates may apply for This examination Online, The examination was conducted into 2 Stages, Preliminary exam and Main examination.

Firstly you have to crack the Preliminary examination, and then you are eligible to Sit in Main examination. And If you need more information about UPSC Civil services examination, then please visit the UPSC website -

http://upsc.gov.in
16th July 2011, 02:32 PM
kritika@Hans

Default Re: After 12th can I do IAS? If I have scored 84 marks in accountancy and have taken Maths as an additional subject can I do it?

hello
friend
the minimum eligibility criteria for IAS is graduation
so once you clear graduation with good grades then you may enroll yourself for the exam conducted by upsc
best of luck
16th July 2011, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Dear Friend yes you can give the IAS exam but you should follow the following criteria

*Age Limit :
21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs)

*Educational Qualification :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification

* Number of permissible attempts :
Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs)

*Fee :
Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

So Good Luck my friend
16th July 2011, 02:50 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

after 12th you are not able to give this IAS exam.

because

criteria for IAS exam:-

* Candidate pass graduation

* age - 21 to 30 years
5 years relax for SC/ST
3 years for OBC

* 4 times for general student attempts
7 times for OBC student attempts
no limits for SC/ST student attempts

pattern :-

there is 2 exam
1) Pre-liminary exam
2)final interview

in PREliminary exam:--

there is 2 paper:--

1) GEneral knowledge
2) optional subject
16th July 2011, 03:04 PM
Nirav A. Gadhiya

Yes you can attempt the ias exam but before you full fill the following criteria:

i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).
(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).
(more content follows the advertisement below)
A D V E R T I S E M E N T

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)
(iv) Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)
16th July 2011, 03:23 PM
mandiv

hello
the minimum educational qualification for doing IAS is bachelor's degree in any stream
since you have done 12 class so i would suggest you to first complete graduation then you may apply for IAS exam
the exam is conducted by upsc
the exam has 5 paper
I paper tests for one of the 18 indian languages
300 marks
II paper tests for english
300 marks
III paper tests for essay formation
200 marks
IV &V paper for general studies
300 marks each

if you study according to the pattern then you'll get sucess
16th July 2011, 04:16 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Well sorry to say but right now you can not join IAS .To become an IAS officer you have to take the civil service exam .Civil service exam is conducted by UPSC once a year to select studenst for IAS,IPS and other post.The civil service exam is done is two phase :

1.Preliminary
2.Written and The Interview .

Only those who qualified the preliminary exam are eligible for the written exam and the interview .

Eligibility criteria for Civil service exam :
You must have passed bachelor degree from a recognized college.
You should be between 21 to 30 years.There is some relaxation in upper age is given to reserved caste students is as followed:

SC/ST- 5 years
OBC-3 years

For more information :http://www.upsc.gov.in/"] click here [/URL]
16th July 2011, 04:53 PM
raja badam

Arrow Re: After 12th can I do IAS? If I have scored 84 marks in accountancy and have taken Maths as an additional subject can I do it?

IAS ELIGIBILITY:

Sorry friend,Your are not eligible for after 10+2,You have minimum educational qualification is graduate from any recognized university in any discipline.

Percentage no need for eligibility of Civil Service exam like IAS
GOOD AIM
your aim is very nice ,so now on wards you have to prepare for IAS.

It is very Easy when you feel good,So start your preparation.

I provide here,total information for you.

IAS or IPS exam have Three rounds those are First one is Preliminary Exam this exam notification generally releases on Every year February,Preliminary exam have Two papers those are Paper-I is General studies and Paper-II is General Ability test,Paper-II is introduces in this year on wards.

For preliminary You have to prepare for General Studies,You have to know about Economy of India, Day to day events,Geography of India and Polity and science etc
You have to collect the Information from NCERT books and Daily news paper.

You have to go to library refer so many current event magazines.

Best Magazine for civil service is CSR(Competition Successes Review)

Better Website for Know Information about Civil Service Exam is http://www.upsc.gov.in/

You have to learn Arithmetic and Reasoning and English grammar also

Next one is MAINS .It is Descriptive paper.

Final Round is Interview.

All the Best for you...
16th July 2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

how to apply for NDA
16th July 2011, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

previous year ias free coaching class entrance exam question papar
17th July 2011, 12:52 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Hi!

After 12th you are not eligible to appear in IAS exams.

The minimum qualification required for a candidate to appear for IAS Exam is
  • Graduation from a recognized institute.
  • The Candidate's Age must be between 21-30 years

So you must first undergo the graduation course and then prepare yourself thoroughly for the IAS exam.

For the being you can keep track of the current affairs,practice English Grammar, basic Mathematics, read good books on Indian History ,etc..

Best wishes.
17th July 2011, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

I am prakash .I am 37 .I am graduate with jbt.I belong to sc category.Am I eligible for primary teacher anywhere in India ? is there any vacancy in the current year for primary teacher ? please reply.
17th July 2011, 01:16 PM
genius_911

Noor thats good that you want to be an IAS officer.. but dear lemme tell you that you can't appear for this examination as it reqiures the graduation degree from the recognized university...
so first you complete your graduation by doing b.tech from any of the recognised university then after completing your graduation, you will become eligible for appearing into IAS examination...
17th July 2011, 04:44 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
hey
Hello,

The Minimum Educational Qualification required to apply for the IAS entrance examination is Graduation from a recognized university in any stream.And percentage of marks are not considered in the IAS examination.

Right now as you have just passed your class 12th,you are not eligible for the IAS entrance examination.

So,first complete your Graduation with the subjects you like and then apply for the IAS entrance examination.

Best Wishes....
17th July 2011, 05:51 PM
Tushar93

Thumbs up Re: After 12th can I do IAS? If I have scored 84 marks in accountancy and have taken Maths as an additional subject can I do it?

Quote:
hey
Hello Noor,

First of all I would like to inform you that for civil services exam you require a bachelor's degree i.e. you have to be at least graduate in any discipline.

So I suggest you to go for BCom, BBA, BCA or any other degree (not diploma) of your choice.
Meanwhile you can start preparing for IAS exam. For this you should read newspaper regularly and also some magazines such as Competition Success Review and Frontline.

As far as the availability of forms are concerned, you can get them form any post office designated by UPSC when the notification arrives.
For further details visit www.upsc.gov.in

Best Of Luck
17th July 2011, 07:57 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

Sorry friend you can apply for ias only after your graduate degree..............
Because to become a IAS officer, You need to appear for Civil services examination and to appear in this examination, you need a graduate degree from a recognised university.

Final Year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services examination, But to appear in this examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years, The upper age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST and OBC Candidates.

You can apply for this examination only 4 times and OBC candidates can apply for 7 times and No limits for SC, ST candidates. The UPSC conducts the examination 2 times in a year, the notification was published in the employment newspaper or in the official website of UPSC.

The examination are held in 2 stages, Firstly Preliminery exams and Main exam. You have to clear both the exam and then you are eligible for Final Interview.

If you are eligible, then you can fill the application form Online by visit the UPSC official website. So, Only Graduate candidates of any discipline are eligible to apply for Civil services examination, For complete details, please visit the UPSC official website -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th July 2011, 03:51 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,
IAS exam is conducted by UPSC.. They have some eligibility criteria for IAS exam..
The eligibility criteria for IAS exam-

*The candidate must have complete graduation in any discipline..
*The candidates age should be in between 21-30years...
*The candidate should have a citizenship of India..

As you are now in 12th... so you are not eligible for IAS exam right now....
If you really want to appear in IAS exam then first go for graduation..After completion of your graduation you can apply for IAS exam..

So, all the best..
18th July 2011, 09:07 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Hello Noor,

Sorry to inform you but you can not apply for IAS after passing your 12th exam.

You need to have a graduate or atleast a student of final of graduation to become eligible for IAS.

You can take any course as your graduation course.

Only a pass in graduation is required....percentage does not matter.

So your 12th marks are not at all required in IAS.

Other things which you have to take care of is that:

1. Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years....the age is calculated on the basis of 1st of August of the year applying for it.
[33 years for Sc/ST]

2. Should be a citizen of India.

So you can start preparing for IAS along with the completion of graduation in any stream....

Remember, You should have good knowledge in current affairs and social issues.
[Because you need to have very strong in that]

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th July 2011, 07:57 PM
MonuRai

Dear,

Sorry to say , but you cannot give the IAS exam after class 12th because the minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate.

Age limitation is between 21-30 years for general , 21-33 years for the obc , 21-35 years for the SC/ST.

More details:- www.upsc.gov.in.

Thanks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?