25th September 2016, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

After compelting 12th from NIOS board will I be eligible for IIT entrance exam or not?

I have completed my 12 with PCB but at that time I was unaware that maths is compulsory for genetic engineering so, I am thinking that I will complete my 12 with PCBM through NIOS so thereafter will I eligible for giving the IIT entrance exam or not?

25th September 2016, 06:55 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Default Re: After compelting 12th from NIOS board will I be eligible for IIT entrance exam or not?

No, you are not eligible for JEE-Mains entrance exam. Because you will have to crack JEE-mains entrance exams. And JEE mains do not support NIOS as NIOS is just an open schooling platform to complete 10 & 12th education. NIOS certificate do not have much value and hence you will not be eligible for admission in IITs.

Details information regarding educational criteria has been given as below.
1- Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any other qualifying examination in 2014 or 2015 Or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam in 2016 are eligible for JEE-Mains exam.

2- Candidates who passed Class 12th/ other Qualifying examination in 2015 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2017 or later are NOT eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2016

3- Candidates who appeared in class 12th/ other Qualifying Examinations in 2014, did not pass in 2014, but passed in 2015 are also NOT eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2017.
25th September 2016, 07:00 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After compelting 12th from NIOS board will I be eligible for IIT entrance exam or not?

Joint Entrance Exam acronym as JEE has been introduced in 2013 for providing admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NIT, IIIT, IIT, Other centrally funded Technical Institutions and Institutions funded by several participating State Governments.

For this examination candidate must have passed 12th class from a recognized board. The minimum percentage required in 12th class for IIT entrance examination is 45%. The minimum age of candidate must be 17 years.

As per my knowledge, Yes you are eligible for IIT entrance examination after completing 12th from NIOS board.
25th September 2016, 07:40 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to make you know that since 2012 both AIEEE and IIT JEE entrance examination has been merged to single national level engineering entrance examination known as JEE.

--> JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is held by CBSE once every year in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

--> The minimum requirement for appearing in the same examination are as here under:-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying under 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in Science stream with PCM with a minimum of 60% aggregate from a recognized board.

Yes you will be eligible for appearing in JEE after completing your Class 12th with PCMB stream with above mentioned aggregate with NIOS board as it is one of the Central Board of India other than CBSE and ICSE.

For further details regarding JEE you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
25th September 2016, 08:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my 12 with PCB but at that time I was unaware that maths is compulsory for genetic engineering so, I am thinking that I will complete my 12 with PCBM through NIOS so thereafter will I eligible for giving the IIT entrance exam or not?
If you have completed 12th standard with PCMB from NIOS board then you are eligible for IIT entrance exam.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

If your 12th standard subjects are PCB then you are not eligible for Genetic Engineering course.
25th September 2016, 10:48 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. This is a recognized board of Indian government for 10th and 12th board exams.

*10+2 marksheets and passing certificates are valid for Joint Entrance Examination. Candidates who pass 10+2 board exams from NIOS are eligible for JEE exam for engineering courses in various disciplines.

So, you can apply for JEE which is entrance exam for admission in IIT. It has JEE Main and JEE Advanced as two stages, you must clear both to get admission in IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?