9th June 2013, 02:33 AM
bipul duarah

Am I eligible to appear for GATE exam in electronics?

Eligibility for GATE exam in electronics

i am doing M.Sc. in Physics, am I eligible for appearing GATE exam in electronics?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear for GATE exam in electronics?
  2. GATE Electronics and Communications after Non-Electronics studies in graduation and post graduation?
  3. Am I eligible to do Integrated Ph.d course after doing B.E in Electronics and Communication 5 years back? Do I need to attend GATE or IISC exam?
  4. Am I eligible for Ph.D in Electronics and Communications having completed B.Tech in Electronics and Telecommunications and M.Tech in New Materials and Processing Technology without appearing for GATE Exam?
  5. What is the job scope if I study electronics honors in BSc? Will I be eligible to appear in GATE examination after completing raduation with electronics honors and Msc in electronics?
  6. Am I eligible for GATE ECE exam if I am studying MSc electronics?
  7. Courses that I can do after UG in BSc Physics?
  8. Am i eligible for PSUs through GATE? I am a B.Tech electrical and electronics engineering student
  9. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?
  10. Eligibility for M.Tech in Electronics and Communication (GATE) after M.Sc. in Physics -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to pursue M.Tech electronics from IIT Madras? I am doing MSc in Electronics from Dharwad
  12. Possibility to study M.Tech in Avionics after completing B.Tech in Electronics Engineering? -- [New]
  13. From where to study Power Electronics part for GATE exam? Which books to refer?
  14. What is the criteria to do M.Tech after completing B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering with 73%?
  15. Am I eligible for GATE after doing B.E in electrical
  16. Previous 2 years Question Papers of GATE Exam for Electronics & Communications stream?
  17. Can I write GATE exam in Electronics and Communication after doing B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
  18. How to give GATE in chemistry after completing B.E in Electronics and Electronics?
9th June 2013, 07:31 AM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for GATE exam in electronics?

Hello friend

Yes M.Sc candidates are eligible for GATE exam
The M.Sc candidates must complete M.Sc with the specialization subjects like
1. Physics
2. Science
3. Mathematics
4. Statistics
5. Computer Applications etc
The entrance exam is conducted once in a year
The score card is valid for 2 years
You can join any college for M.Tech through out India

all the best...........
19th June 2013, 07:19 PM
Nancysharma12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipul duarah View Post

i am doing M.Sc. in Physics, am I eligible for appearing GATE exam in electronics?
Yes the eligibility criteria fits you fine for GATE exam as long as you gain the passion for it once you have decided to appear for it. Here is the GATE syllabus to get you started: thegateacademy(dot)com(slash)gate(slash)gate-syllabus(slash)
2nd September 2013, 05:14 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Yes friend,even though you have completed your M.Sc in physics you appear in GATE with electronics papers.
3rd September 2013, 12:55 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .

Those candidate have a graduate degree in engineering/technology/architecture from a recognized university or equivalent qualification

OR

completed master degree in Science/Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Science from a recognized university or equivalent qualification are applicable for GATE Exam.There is no marks criteria.

Yes , M.Sc in Physics candidate can apply for GATE exam in ECE background .

Final year of candidate are applicable for GATE Exam.But prefinal year candidate are not applicable for GATE exam.There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

Your department is Electronics so have listed some books name for Electronics subject , you should prepare well list of the books-

A Complete Guide to The GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering
by Trishna Knowledge Systems
Publisher: Pearson

GATE Electronics & Communication Engineering: Topic Wise Solved Papers (2000 - 2012)
Author: GKP
Publisher: G.K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2011)

GATE Electronics And Communication Engineering Solved Papers (2012-2000)
Author: Manish Purbey
Publisher: Arihant Publicatons I Pvt Ltd (2012)

I have attached the syllabus of GATE exam for ECE so please check it out .

Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR GATE EXAM FOR ECE DEPARTMENT.pdf(111.6 KB, 55 views)
3rd September 2013, 12:09 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering this exam is conducted by the one of the seven IIT across the India for the admission in the further study in the Master course that is Master of Engineering (ME) OR Master of Technology (M.Tech).....

GATE 2014 is going to be conducted by the IIT, Khargpur. from this year GATE is going to be conducted Online.......

A candidate who have done their Bachelor Degree in the Field of Engineering that is BE/B.Tech can definitely eligible for applying this exam....

As you have mention that you have completed your M.Sc in Physics and want to apply for the GATE Through Electronics then YES, you can apply for it, A candidate who have done their Master in the Science can also apply for the Similar......

Final year candidate of their Bachelor of Engineering Or Master of Science can also applicable......

No any Age Criteria, As Well No any Attempt Criteria.....

You can apply for it till you don't clear...

All the best

With Regards.....
DHARM
3rd September 2013, 07:21 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Dear aspirant,
Yes you are eligible to write GATE exam.The minimum eligibility to write GATE exam is
----->The students who hold a bachelor degree in engineering
----->The students who hold a master degree MTECH/MCA/MCOM/MSC
----->The students who have their PG
----->The students who have degree in BA/BCOM
----->The student who are in the final year of their BTech
So you can write GATE exam in any of your desired paper.There is no limit of age and number of attempts.Once you crack the GATE exam you can get admission in IITS.Based on GATE score you may get job opportunities also.GATE score is valid for 2 years.
ALL THE BEST MY FRIEND
5th September 2013, 12:17 PM
sagar_001
Senior Member+

Gate Stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

GATE Exam which is an all India examination that primarily tests the all-inclusive understanding of various undergraduate topics in Engineering and Technology.

This exam is Held by Indian Institute of Science and seven IIT's institutes of India,

The GATE Score of a candidate reveals the comparative performance level of a candidate.

Candidates must have B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch degree. Final year students of these courses can also apply for this exam.

Candidates having master’s degree in Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications can also apply. Final year student perusing these courses are also eligible.

Best books

GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering (2014)(Paperback)
Author: G. K. P
Publisher: G. K. Publications (2013)
Rs. 540

GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering (2014) Solved Papers 2000 - 2013
Author: G K P
Publisher: G. K. Publications (2013)
Rs. 140

GATE Electronics & Communication Engineering: Chapterwise Previous Years' Solved Papers (2013 - 2000)
Author: Manish Purbey
Publisher: Arihant (2013)
Rs. 155

Khanna's GATE-2013 Electronics & Communication Engineering: Complete Comprehensive Guide for GATE & PSU's BEL, Bhel, NTPC, HPCL, NALCO, ONGC, BSNL, DRDO, ISRO Previous Years' Solved Question Papers with Explanations 1st Edition
Author: Sudakar Singh Chauhan
Publisher: Khanna Book Publishing (2013)
Rs. 410

List of Colleges in India accepting GATE Score:-
  • Hindustan University, Chennai
  • Karunya School of Engineering, Coimbatore
  • Munipal Institute of Technology, Munipal
  • PES Institution, Bangalore
  • Institute of Technology - Varanasi, Varanasi
  • Delhi Technical University, Delhi
12th September 2013, 04:48 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Dear aspirant,
Surely you are eligible to write GATE in electronics.Eligibility to write GATE exam is follows.
1.bachelor degree in engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy
2.MTech/MCA/MSC/MA
3.Students in the final year of their BTech
4.Students in the 4 th year of 5/6 years integrated programme.
---------------------------------------
ALL THE BEST
15th September 2013, 10:29 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Yes my friend you can write GATE in electronics.Any students who hold bachelor degree or master degree can write GATE in any paper.Btech final year students also can write the GATE exam.There is no limit on age and number of attempts.
16th September 2013, 12:29 AM
jayshree bacchav

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to appear for GATE exam in electronics?

Quote:

Hello friend,

I would like to tell you that you are definitely eligible for GATE exam in electronics being a M.Sc physics candidate.

Just go for it!!

All the best!!
16th September 2013, 12:29 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering this exam is conducted by the one of the seven IIT across the India for the admission in the further study in the Master course that is Master of Engineering (ME) OR Master of Technology (M.Tech).....

GATE 2014 is going to be conducted by the IIT, Khargpur. from this year GATE is going to be conducted Online.......

A candidate who have done their Bachelor Degree in the Field of Engineering that is BE/B.Tech can definitely eligible for applying this exam....

As you have mention that you have completed your M.Sc in Physics and want to apply for the GATE Through Electronics then YES, you can apply for it, A candidate who have done their Master in the Science can also apply for the Similar......

Final year candidate of their Bachelor of Engineering Or Master of Science can also applicable......

16th September 2013, 12:31 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

16th September 2013, 09:03 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the Exam conducted by IIT each year

GATE 2014 Exams forms are being filled right now

Eligibilty to apply for the GATE exams is:

>> BE/BTECH/BARCH pass or Final year student

>> M.SC/MCA/MA with subjects/branch Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent

>> Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Five year programme).This programme should have been done just after passing class 12th

Important dates for GATE 2014 Exams:

Forms can be filled from 2nd September 2013
Last date to apply is 1st October 2013

GATE 2014 Online exams would be held between 1st February and 2nd March 2014 on every Saturday and Sunday

Application Fees:
Male candidates:Rs 1500
Female Candidates: Rs 750

GATE PAPERS:
Aerospace Engineering
Instrumentation Engineering
Agricultural Engineering
Mathematics
Architecture and Planning
Mechanical Engineering
Biotechnology
Mining Engineering
Civil Engineering
Metallurgical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Physics
Computer Science and Information Technology
Production and Industrial Engineering
Chemistry
Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Engineering Sciences
Electrical Engineering
Geology and Geophysics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?