31st October 2011, 09:49 AM
kavyavarmank

Am I eligible to appear for IFS Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Information Technology and M.Tech in Water Resource Engineering?

I have done B.Tech in Information Technology and M.Tech in Water Resource Engineering(branch of Civil). I would like to know if I am eligible for appearing Indian Forest Service Exam.

31st October 2011, 05:41 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for IFS Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Information Technology and M.Tech in Water Resource Engineering?

dear friend,
Eligibility for IFS exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Candidates age must be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

These are the eligibility you have to fulfill.

As you have done B.tech course then you are eligible for IFS..

All the best.
22nd March 2012, 06:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for IFS Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Information Technology and M.Tech in Water Resource Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavyavarmank View Post
I have done B.Tech in Information Technology and M.Tech in Water Resource Engineering(branch of Civil). I would like to know if I am eligible for appearing Indian Forest Service Exam.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service Exam.This exam is conducted by UPSC.

Those candidate have Graduation degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent.

Final year student are eligible for IFS exam,

The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

BEST BOOKS FOR IFS EXAM

This boos are available in market and easy to IFS exam through Those books.

So you can prepare well to all those books.

EXAM NOTIFICATION 2012

The notification Date---31.03.2012.

The examination Date---14.07.2012.

The last date of submission of form---30.04.2012.

For examination schedule you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in

I have attached the syllabus ans Some Question Paper of IFS exam so please check it out.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?