19th March 2017, 08:53 PM
Swarali bambulkar

Am I eligible to apply for Air Force flying officer post after completion of B.Com?

Hey, I am pursuing my B.Com I am studying 2nd year B.Com and I want to apply for CDS exam but I am a commerce background student so can I apply for it and I want to know the physical fitness for qualifying this exam and I want to try it for Air force flying Officer post so can I apply for it?

20th March 2017, 07:52 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Air Force flying officer post after completion of B.Com?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for the post of Air Force Flying Officer post after successful completion of B.Com course. There is a certain criteria to be followed in order to be eligible.

>> Minimum qualification required for the post of Air Force Flying Officer post is "Bachelor Degree" or Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As B.Com course is a Graduate course, I am very sure that you are eligible to apply for this post. You can apply for CDSE (Combined Defence Service Examination) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

>> You must have studied Physics and Mathematics subjects at 12th level to be eligible.
20th March 2017, 05:47 PM
Navneet patyal

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Air Force flying officer post after completion of B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarali bambulkar View Post
Hey, I am pursuing my B.Com I am studying 2nd year B.Com and I want to apply for CDS exam but I am a commerce background student so can I apply for it and I want to know the physical fitness for qualifying this exam and I want to try it for Air force flying Officer post so can I apply for it?
Yes you can join after completing your graduation in commerce sector.
You can join after completing the CDS ( Combined Defense Services). You can also join after completing AFCAT ( Air Force Common Entrance Test). There are lots of career opportunities after completing the AFCAT or CDS exam.

You can also take some help from the Coaching centers and many Academy. You can also take some reference from them.

Start your daily coaching class, and work hard for cracking the entrance test.
20th March 2017, 06:05 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a B.Com ( Bachelor of Commerce ) degree holder you are not eligible for joining Indian Air force as a flying officer as for the same one is required to be a science stream ( Physics and Mathematics ) through out its academics.

But you can join Indian Air force ground duty by qualifying AFCAT ( Air force Common Admission Test ). Also the minimum criteria required for appearing in AFCAT are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 20 years to 26 years.

* You must have completed your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must satisfy the physical fitness requirement norms as required.

For more details about AFCAT and other career opportunities in Indian Air force you can log on to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
21st March 2017, 12:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarali bambulkar View Post
No, B.Com candidates are not eligible for Indian Air Force through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Air Force Academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized University.

Age Criteria:-

Air Force Academy: - 19 to 23 Years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?