25th September 2017, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for any job if I have taken 6 years to complete B.Tech course?

I passed B.Tech in 6 years, am I eligible for a job demanding 4-year B.Tech degree? Can you please let me know the details about the jobs which I can apply for? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me on the same soon. Thanks!

25th September 2017, 08:32 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for any job if I have taken 6 years to complete B.Tech course?

If you would like to get into MNC's, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible.

Since there is heavy competition for the job opportunities in MNC's and so many candidates available who have completed B.Tech within 4 years and with better percentage of marks than you, the chances are minute for you to get job in MNC's.

However you are eligible for the job opportunities in small companies where this criteria is not being asked.

Though it took 6 years to complete B.Tech, you should have scored a minimum of 60% of marks in your B.Tech course to be eligible for most of the job opportunities.

If you would like to go for job opportunities in public sector, then this criteria is not considered.
-Bank PO Jobs
-Bank Clerk Jobs
-Railway Jobs
-Civil Services
-Indian Engineering Services
-Jobs in Intelligence Bureau
-Defence Services
-SSC (Staff Selection Committee) Exams etc.

For most of the job opportunities of the above mentioned areas, the minimum academic qualification required is Graduation.

The upper age limit upto which you can take those Exams is 30 years.

But there is some relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.
26th September 2017, 10:29 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for any job if I have taken 6 years to complete B.Tech course?

You can apply for all jobs which requires four years Bachelor of Technology. You have taken six years because you have not been able to complete this course within four years. Your degree is valid whereever B.Tech is required.

In case of government job entrance exams, you can apply for following exams:

1. Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level exam.

2. Indian Engineering Services exam.

3. Civil Services examination.

4. Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection Probationary officer.

5. State Public Service Commission exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?