3rd May 2017, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria followed for government jobs? Am I eligible to apply after 30 years of age?

Hi, I am 30 years old. B.com, MBA graduate with finance having 1.5 year experience. I just want to know for which government job I am eligible? Can you please guide me with the complete information which we have to follow? Thank you!

4th May 2017, 01:07 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria followed for government jobs? Am I eligible to apply after 30 years of age?

In order to apply for government jobs the minimum qualification required is 10th standard. However, you will get better positions and opportunities as your qualification gets higher. The minimum age required to apply for government jobs is 18 years. As you are a B.Com, MBA graduate, so in order to apply for government jobs you should have completed your course with minimum 55% - 60% marks from a recognized institute.

The maximum age to apply for government jobs in most of the sectors is 30 years. Only a few sectors are there where you can apply after 30 years. But, if you belong to OBC, SC/ST category then you can definitely apply for all types of government jobs. For OBC you can apply till 33 years and for SC/ST you can apply till 35 years.

You can apply for the Civil Services examination, because you can apply for the jobs till the age of 32 years. You can also apply for NET examination and get a job of a lecturer in government colleges. There is no age limit to apply for lecturer's position.
4th May 2017, 01:07 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria followed for government jobs? Am I eligible to apply after 30 years of age?

You have completed your B.Com degree, MBA in Finance and having 1.5 year of experience. You are 30 years old and want to know whether you are eligible for government job or not. Yes, definitely you are eligible for government jobs. Basically the maximum age limit 32-35 years for state or central government jobs.

Following are the list of competitive exams in which you are eligible:

--IBPS SO

--SBI Special Management Executive (SME)

--IBPS PO and SBI PO

--UPSC Civil Services Exam

-SSC CGL and many more

**You will be surprised to know that the online application for SBI SME post has started. In my opinion if you fulfill the eligibility criteria, then fill the application form before the last date i.e 18th May 2017.
4th May 2017, 10:44 PM
kalamrockz

Yes, if you are at the age of 30 years, you can very much apply for government jobs as most of the government jobs age criteria is 30-35 years.

You should however look for the criteria before applying for the job post.
4th May 2017, 11:56 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

You can give the exam of IBPS PO, SBI PO, IAS, IPS, Officer ranking, etc. As your age is already reached the maximum limit if you are general candidate and if you are reserved candidate or physically challenged then you will get the upper age relaxation. To get the job of below post of the above mentioned posts then the age of the candidate should be in between 18-28 years. To write the officer ranking exam or the PO exam the candidate must have completed his/her graduation from a recognized university.
4th May 2017, 11:57 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for Government Jobs:

Whether you are eligible to apply for Government jobs or not basically depends upon your caste category.

Yes, if you belong to General or Unreserved category then I can say that you are not eligible to apply for Government jobs at the age of 30 years.

On the other side, if you belong to OBC/ SC/ ST category then I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to apply for government jobs as there will be an age relaxation reserved category candidates.

In general, the minimum age required for appearing in government jobs is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years. But as there will be relaxation for reserved candidates, there may be chances of applying for government jobs.
6th May 2017, 12:02 PM
kohli183

You are eligible to apply all government jobs

Eligibility details of govt jobs :

Candace must be complete graduation in anything from a recognised University

Candidates age limit between 21 to 30 years

The upper age relaxation as per govt rules

3years age relaxation for once candidates

5years age relaxation for sc/st candidates

The following are some of govt jobs

RRB

SSC

VRO

PANCHAYAT RAJ

VRA

SGT

BANK PO

BANK CLEARK

ARMY

NAVY

UPSC

SI

CONSTABLE

SBI PO AND CLERK
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?