5th October 2017, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Assistant professor job after completion of M.Tech course?

Hello Sir/Mam, I completed B. Tech from GBTU and after I completed M.Tech from state government college after qualified GATE in mechanical engineering. I have 1 year 6 months teaching experience and also I published papers in national and international conferences. I am eligible for the post of Assistant Professor or Senior Lecturer?? Tell me, please.

Related Questions:
  1. not correct
  2. Am I eligible for Assistant Professor job as per my qualification?
  3. Age limit to apply for Assistant Professor post in UGC recognized universities?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for assistant professor join in government colleges after completion of M.Com through distance mode?
  5. Eligibility for Assistant Professor in a university?
  6. Selection process of Assistant Professor in engineering colleges in 2018
  7. What is the eligibility for assistant professor? Am I eligible for Assistant Professor after completing post graduation 24 years back with 53%?
  8. Can I apply for assistant professor job on the basis of ME degree?
  9. Can I I teach B.Tech/M.Tech students of engineering colleges after PhD in Electronics & Instrumentation Technology?
  10. Qualification required for being Assistant Professor?
  11. How to apply for Internship in ISRO for Engineering Assistant Professor with MTech(Machine Design) qualification? -- [New]
  12. Am I eligible to apply for school assistant job for biology department ater completion of B.Sc and B.Ed course?
  13. What is the upper age limit for assistant professor post? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Eligibility to teach engineering college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for Assistant Professor without qualifying NET exam
  16. Am I eligible to apply for state government professor job if I completed Ph.D course in Mathematics from Singhania University?
  17. Is BE qualification sufficient to work as an Assistant Professor in a private college?
  18. Are there any employment opportunities for M.A Economics? I am 40 years old
6th October 2017, 04:24 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Assistant professor job after completion of M.Tech course?

You can become Assistant Professor after pursuing Master of Technology in private engineering colleges. There are plenty of technical colleges in Delhi NCR region. You need to seek details of vacancies for this post in any college.

You will have to clear personal interview and there is demo of subject which you would like to teach in Bachelor's degree. If you are able to clear both stages, you will become Assistant Professor in engineering college.
6th October 2017, 06:17 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Assistant professor job after completion of M.Tech course?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Assistant professor post. The full details about eligibility requirements are given below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should be citizen of India.
- The candidate should have completed their masters level degree in any related stream from any recognized university.
- The minimum percentage required is 55%.

To become an Assistant professor you need attend and qualify in the entrance exam named UGC NET/ CSIR NET/ any exam conducted by different states. If you qualify in the exam then you can become assistant professor.
6th October 2017, 06:42 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to apply for assistant professor are as under :-

-The candidate should possess Master's Degree with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university of India or licensed foreign University.

-The candidate should have qualified in NET / SET / SLET organized by UGC, CSIR or similar authority.

-The candidate who have passed Ph.D Degree with minimum procedure and standards mentioned by UGC regulation are exempted to qualify in NET / SET / SLET .

-There is no upper age limit to apply for Assistant Professorship. But, the upper age limit must not be more than 28 years as on June 1 of the year of examination for JRF.
6th October 2017, 08:07 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for assistant professor job after completion of Mtech course

As the qualification which is required to join as a Assistant Professor job in the given below

BE/ BTech/ ME or M.Tech from a recognised University.

65% marks in BE/ or 65% marks in ME / M tech.
6th October 2017, 11:10 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for assistant professor post even after completing M.Tech.

Eligibility criteria required for this are:-
Candidate must be an Indian citizen
At least 55 percent aggregate is required in post graduation degree
Age limit is 28 years for JRF
3 years age relaxation for OBC
5 years age relaxation for SC/ST
There is no upper age limit for lectureship.
8th October 2017, 04:30 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your M.Tech ( Master of Technology ) degree course you are certainly eligible for becoming Assistant Professor in various universities of India through NET.

* NET refers to National Eligibility Test and for appearing in the same examination for recruitment as Assistant Professor you must have following qualifications :-

i) You must hold the nationality of India with your age lying under 28 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

ii) You must have completed your Master's degree course with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree course are also eligible.

For more details and notifications regarding NET you can visit the link www.cbsenet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?