5th October 2017, 06:04 PM

What should I do after completion of intermediate to join AirForce?

What should I do after completion of intermediate to join AirForce? Can you please provide me with the best suggestions which I can follow to ensure I will reach my goal? Hope that I will get the answer soon as possible. Thank you!

6th October 2017, 09:31 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completion of intermediate to join AirForce?

The best suggestion for joining Indian Air Force after intermediate to prepare for National Defence Academy exam. NDA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year.

The eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. For Indian Air Force, Mathematics and Physics are compulsory subject in 10+2.

>>The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

>>Candidate must be unmarried male Indian citizen.

There are two stages of this exam namely written test and Service Selection Board. If you manage to clear both these stages with good marks, you will join Indian Air Force to serve for your nation.
6th October 2017, 12:13 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You should appear for NDA exam to join Air Force which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Required procedures to follow to join Air Force are:-
Candidate must have taken PCM in Intermediate as main subject with English as compulsory subject.
Candidate age should be 16.5 years – 19 years.
Candidate height should be 157 cm.
Candidate must be mentally and physically fit.
Candidate should be unmarried male only.
Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
6th October 2017, 12:38 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
What should I do after completion of intermediate to join AirForce? Can you please provide me with the best suggestions which I can follow to ensure I will reach my goal? Hope that I will get the answer soon as possible. Thank you!

If you want to join Indian air force after intermediate that is 10+2, then best procedure to join air force is through NDA (National Defence Academy) exam conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

>> Minimum qualification required to apply for NDA exam is 10+2 in science stream from government recognized board.

>> Only male candidates are allowed to apply for NDA exam.

>> Age limit to apply for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19 years.

>> For NDA exam applicant must be physically and mentally fit.

>> For Indian air force only Indian citizens are allowed to apply.

Important Dates for Upcoming NDA Exam:-

:- Date of notification for NDA exams 2018:- 10th January 2018.

:- Last date of application:- 5th February 2018.

:- Exam date 22nd April 2018.

>> For more details please visit www.upsc.gov.in.
6th October 2017, 12:43 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your Intermediate, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board. You should be within the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years and should be an unmarried male candidate to be eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining Indian Navy.
6th October 2017, 02:28 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment in Air Force as an officer you have to appear and qualify in NDA entrance examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board with PCM as main paper.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

So, if you want to join you have to appear and qualify in both stages of entrance examination. So, prepare for examination as according to syllabus at official website.

Candidates can also join the Air Force through technical entry 'X' and 'Y'. The examination is conducted by Air Force for recruitment. For detail information visit at www.careerairforce.nic.in. or www.upsc.gov.in.
6th October 2017, 03:21 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

There are various entrance exams conducted at senior secondary level through which you can join Indian Air Force like Group Y exam, NDA entrance exam.

NDA is the most suitable exam for job in Indian Air Force.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

1. You must have studied Physics, Mathematics in 10+2. Board appearing candidates can also apply for the NDA exam.

2. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

3. Only unmarried male Indian candidates candidates can apply for the examination.

You can apply for NEET exam if you meet all these criteria. The different stages of NDA exam is:

Written test.

Service Selection Board.
6th October 2017, 04:09 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

If you have completed intermediate in PCM group then you can join Indian Air Force through NDA exam which is conducted by UPSC. Age limit for this exam is in between 16.5 to 19 years. The other way of joining IAF is CDS exam conducted by UPSC which you can give after completion of graduation only. For more information you can visit to the official website of UPSC :

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
6th October 2017, 06:02 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Air Force through NDA exam after completion of intermediate exam.

NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year for making recruitment in different wings of Indian Defense Services.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam :-

NATIONALITY : Indian.

AGE CRITERIA :16.5 years to 19.5 years.

MARITAL STATUS : Unmarried male candidate only.

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION : 10+2 for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

SELECTION PROCESS :

Written examination

Personal interview by SSB.

Eligible candidates can apply online through its official webite @ http://upsconline.nic.in.
6th October 2017, 08:03 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

One who is interested to join Airforce after intermediate must have completed intermediate with PCM from a recognised board because one who has completed 12th with PCM can appear in NDA examination and if so qualified is eligible to join National Defence Academy. As you have not mentioned that from which stream you have been passed out so I don't know that you are eligible but as I have provided you the eligibility criteria so you can decide that whether you are eligible or not.
6th October 2017, 11:44 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You should clear written test and Service Selection Board of National Defence Academy entrance examination to join Indian Air Force.

Academic qualification: 10+2 passed with Mathematics and Physics for Indian Navy and Air Force.

Age criteria: 16.5-19.5 years.

Unmarried male candidates are eligible for the exam. You can apply for exam when notification is released on www.upsc.gov.in.
8th October 2017, 03:34 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that you can join Indian Air force only if you have completed your Class 12th with Science stream PCM group from a recognized board. Other stream candidates can join as Y group Airmen only.

As you have mentioned that you have completed your intermediate degree course then I would like to let you know that you can join Indian Air force at this stage as a commissioned officer through NDA ( National Defense Academy ) entrance examination and airmen X or Y group through their rallies and common entrance examination.

So as far as you are concerned about your further step for joining Indian Air force then it is quite simple that you could start preparing for above mentioned entrance examination.

If you want to get more academic degree then you can go for your graduation degree course after completing which you can join Indian Air force through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) entrance examination and AFCAT ( Air force Common Admission Test ).

For details regarding different entries in Indian Air force you can log on to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in and www.airmenselection.gov.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?