6th September 2017, 12:35 AM
gurvinder000

Am I eligible to apply for CDS and AFCAT exam while doing B.Tech from AMIE?

Sir/Mam, I am doing B.Tech from AMIE. So, I want to go defence through CDS and AFCAT. Am I eligible for this exam or not? Can you please give me the official details on the eligibility criteria which is followed to apply? Awaiting for the quick response.

7th September 2017, 08:35 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDS and AFCAT exam while doing B.Tech from AMIE?

AMIE stands for Associate Member of Institution of Engineers and the B.Tech degree provided by same institution is recognized by AICTE and hence its degree is also valid for appearing in UPSC examination like CDS examination, Civil Services examination, etc. .

Further CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and CDS entrance examination is held by UPSC twice every year. Also the minimum criteria required for appearing in the CDS examination are as here under :

i) You must have the nationality of India.

ii) You must have completed your bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

iii) Your age must lie with 19 years to 22 years for Naval Academy, 19 years to 23 years for Air force Academy, 19 years to 24 years for Indian Military Academy and 19 years to 25 years for Officer's Training Academy.

* Where as for appearing in AFCAT ( Air force Common Admission Test ) you must hold the following qualifications :

i) You must hold the nationality of India.

ii) Your age must lie with 20 years to 24 years for joining Flying branch and 20 years to 26 years for joining Ground duty.

iii) You must have completed your bachelor degree course in engineering/Mathematics/Physics for joining flying branch where as for ground duty there is no compulsion of a particular subject.

iv) You must hold the certain physical fitness norms as per the service requirement for qualifying both the examination.

For more details regarding CDS entrance examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in where as for AFCAT you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
8th September 2017, 06:20 AM
manjira...

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDS and AFCAT exam while doing B.Tech from AMIE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurvinder000 View Post
Sir/Mam, I am doing B.Tech from AMIE. So, I want to go defence through CDS and AFCAT. Am I eligible for this exam or not? Can you please give me the official details on the eligibility criteria which is followed to apply? Awaiting for the quick response.
Final year candidates are eligible to apply for CDS and AFCAT. So, if you are in the final year of your B.Tech degree then you are eligible.
The AMIE is Associate Member of Institution of Engineers
. The B.Tech degree from AMIE is recognized by the Central Government, all State Governments, AICTE and other government bodies in India.

Combined Defense Service(CDS) exam is conducted by UPSC every year for the recruitment of candidates in the 4 defense academies-
Indian Military Academy,
Indian Naval Academy,
Air Force Academy,
Officers Training Academy.

Eligibility Criteria:-

>>The candidates should be Indian citizen.

>>The educational qualification for
  • INA- Candidates should have a B.Tech/B.Edegree from a recognized university
  • AFA- Candidates should have a graduation degree from a recognized university and should have studied Physics and Mathematics in 10+2 level or should have a B.Tech/B.E degree
  • IMA/OTA- Candidates should have a graduation degree from a recognized university
>>Age of the candidates for
  • INA- 19 to 22 years
  • AFA- 20 to 24 years
  • IMA/OTA- 19 to 24 years

>>Only unmarried male candidates can apply for INA/IMA/AFA. Women candidates can also apply for OTA.

>> The candidates should be physical and mentally fit.

For details you can check http://www.upsconline.gov.in

AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test. The exam is conducted by the Indian Air Force(IAF) for recruitment in the 3 branches of IAF-
Ground Duty
Technical Branch
Flying Branch.

Eligibility Criteria:-

<>The candidates should be Indian citizen

<>Age of the candidates for
  • Ground Duty- 20 to 26 years
  • Technical- 20-24 years
  • Flying Branch- 20 to 24 years

<>The educational qualification for
  • Ground Duty- Candidates should have a graduation dgeree in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks
  • Technical Branch- Candidates should have a B.Tech/B.E degree with a minimum of 60% marks.
  • Flying branch- Candidates should have a graduation or a B.Tech with a minimum of 60% marks. Candidates should have studied Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

<>The candidates should be physically and mentally fit.

For more details you can check http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?