16th February 2017, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

What is the basic difference between AFCAT, CDS and SSB?

I have some question.I am doing B.Sc 1st year of subject maths (I am a girl) and I am also the part of NCC airforce. My question is what is the basic difference between AFCAT, CDS and SSB. Which of them I can apply after graduation and after passing AFCAT or CDS or SSB. What will be my post if I get selected in Air force?

18th February 2017, 01:39 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the basic difference between AFCAT, CDS and SSB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have some question.I am doing B.Sc 1st year of subject maths (I am a girl) and I am also the part of NCC airforce. My question is what is the basic difference between AFCAT, CDS and SSB. Which of them I can apply after graduation and after passing AFCAT or CDS or SSB. What will be my post if I get selected in Air force?

The AFCAT is the Air Force Common Admission Test, a written test conducted for the purpose of inducting suitable boys and girls to Indian Air Force twice in a year.

CDS is the Combined Defence Services Examination is conducted by UPSC. It is for selecting candidates for all the three wings (Army, Navy and Air Force).

SSB is the Service Selection Board; it is a psychology based test. The candidates will be called for SSB after clearing CDS or AFCAT or NDA or through direct entry schemes like TGC, UES, SSC (T), JAG etc. The test will be for 5 days usually.
18th February 2017, 07:01 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that AFCAT refers to Air force Common Admission Test, CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and SSB stands for Service Selection Board.

As far as you are concerned about the difference between AFCAT, CDS and SSB interview then for your information AFCAT and CDS entrance examinations are basically a gateway of joining Indian defense sector as a commissioned officer rather SSB interview is the stage II of AFCAT and CDS examination. AFCAT is held for making entry only in Indian Air force where as CDS entrance examination can provide the opportunity in all the wings of Indian defense sector.

Being a B.Sc in Mathematics degree pursuer you are eligible for appearing in AFCAT and CDS entrance examination to join Indian Airforce as a flight officer once you complete your degree on the educational requirement prospective but you must satisfy the other eligibility criteria too.

For more details about AFCAT and CDS entrance examination you can log on to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
4th February 2020, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

How will be ssb screening course?
30th March 2020, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

I am doing BSc.in 2nd year of subject Mathematics. And I am a girl. My question is what is the difference between CDS 1 and CDS 2?
9th June 2020, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

I am in b.com 2nd year and I want to join Indian army .In which subject I have to focus more. By which criteria I shall join Indian army?
4th July 2020, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

On which basis of cds exams students are selected for different branches
25th October 2020, 07:52 AM
Unregistered

Iam a 2nd yr bsc agriculture student( iam a girl). After completing my graduation, am I able to attend AFCAT and CDS exams? What will be my post if I get selected in Indian Air Force.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?