30th December 2012, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Air Force as a pilot after doing B.Tech from electrical branch

sir iam doing B.tec from eletrical branch .can i join indian air force as pilot after B.tec if yes then wath are the procedure

17th March 2013, 07:54 PM
krrishh_002

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force as a pilot after doing B.Tech from electrical branch

Yes you can!

BOTH B TECH EEE & MECH STUDENTS HAVE OPPORTUNITY TO GET INTO IAF AS A PILOT.

you can either go by Common defence service exam (CDS) or AFCAT exam.

CDS is held twice a year where as AFCAT one every year.

AFCAT notifications comes in the month of nov-dec check for that for all information and CDS exam held in the month of feb and august.

Set your preference as PILOT in any of the exam as it asks for number of variety posts according to your interest set preferences .

Note:

PILOT is only 1 time attempt throughout life time. Once appeared and failed you cannot apply again for PILOT so be prepared. It has 5 rounds and in any of round you failed same day you have to return home.

All the very best!
17th March 2013, 07:56 PM
krrishh_002

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force as a pilot after doing B.Tech from electrical branch

Yes you can!

BOTH B TECH EEE & MECH STUDENTS HAVE OPPORTUNITY TO GET INTO IAF AS A PILOT.

you can either go by Common defence service exam (CDS) or AFCAT exam.

CDS is held twice a year where as AFCAT one every year.

AFCAT notifications comes in the month of nov-dec check for that for all information and CDS exam held in the month of feb and august.

Set your preference as PILOT in any of the exam as it asks for number of variety posts according to your interest set preferences .

Note:

PILOT is only 1 time attempt throughout life time. Once appeared and failed you cannot apply again for PILOT so be prepared. It has 5 rounds and in any of round you failed same day you have to return home.

All the very best!
18th March 2013, 07:57 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

yes after completion of your B.Tech you can join Indian Air Force through the Combined Defense Services Examination as an pilot.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the Combined Defense Services Examination twice every year as CDS-I & CDS-II in the months of February and December.

The CDS Exam has the following pattern :

This Examination is conducted in the followings stages :

a) written Examination

b) SSB Interview

c) Medical examination.

If you want to pass the CDS Examination , then its mandatory for you to pass all the three stages.

The Qualifications Required for CDS Examination are :

* you must hold a Bachelors Degree with maths as one of the subjects in graduation from any recognized university.

* Your age must lie in between 18-24 years.

* You must be an Indian.

* Both male and female candidates are eligible for this exam.

* You need to be physically and mentally fit for the exam.

this is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?