28th March 2017, 12:34 PM
Shweta Rahulya

Am I eligible to apply for CDS examination after completing class 12th with 58% and Graduation with 70% marks?

Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th scoring 58% marks and Graduation scoring 70% marks. I want to join the Indian Air Force so I want to know am I eligible to apply for CDS examination after completing class 12th with 58% and Graduation with 70% marks? Please answer as soon as possible.

29th March 2017, 08:50 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDS examination after completing class 12th with 58% and Graduation with 70% marks?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CDS examination after completion of your 12th standard with 58% aggregate marks and Graduation course with 70% aggregate marks from a recognized board /university. The age limit required to appear in CDS examination is 19 - 24 years. You should be an Unmarried Male candidate and you should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to apply for CDS examination.
29th March 2017, 10:34 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDS examination after completing class 12th with 58% and Graduation with 70% marks?

CDS examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in IAF, IMA, INA and OTA.

The required qualification to appear for Indian Air Force examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

Candidate's age must be between 19-24 years.

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree with engineering or have Physics and Mathematics as main paper in 10+2.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB.

So, you can appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th March 2017, 11:34 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CDS refers to Combined Defense Services and CDS entrance examinations are held twice every year for recruitment of commissioned officer in various wings of defense services.

--> For joining Indian Air force i.e; Air force Academy through CDS you need to have the following qualifications which are as below :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 20 years to 24 years.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects at graduation or higher secondary level from a recognized university.

* You must satisfy the physical and mental fitness requirement norms as per service requirement norms.

So having completed your graduation you are eligible if you satisfy the subject requirement norms as mentioned above.

For more details and updates about CDS entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
29th March 2017, 11:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shweta Rahulya View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th scoring 58% marks and Graduation scoring 70% marks. I want to join the Indian Air Force so I want to know am I eligible to apply for CDS examination after completing class 12th with 58% and Graduation with 70% marks? Please answer as soon as possible.
You have completed graduation degree so you are eligible for CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19 to 24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19 to 23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19 to 22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19 to 25 Years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?