4th February 2011, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria to apply for CDS examination?

My name is Patrick and I m doing B.COM 1st year.I want to sit for cds exam but there are some confusion in me that what is age limitation and what qualification is needed for cds?Plz let me know whether I can go for it or not.

4th February 2011, 05:19 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to apply for CDS examination?

CDS Exams Eligiblity -

For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy- Degree of a recognised University

For Indian Naval Academy - Degree in Engineering.

For Air Force Academy - Degree of Recognized University With Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level Or Bachelor of Engineering.

So, After Completing Your B.com, You Are Eligible To Apply for CDS Exams. So, Please Complete Your Degree First Only Then You Are Eligible.

Age Eligiblity -

For IMA - Unmarried male candidates between 19-24 years Are Eligible

For Naval Academy - Unmarried male candidates between 19-22 years Are Eligible

For Air Force Academy- Unmarried male candidates between 19-23 Year Are Eligible

For Officers Training Academy- Male candidates Married or Unmarried between 19-25 years Are Eligible.
4th February 2011, 05:34 PM
AMAR MUDGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My name is Patrick and I m doing B.COM 1st year.I want to sit for cds exam but there are some confusion in me that what is age limitation and what qualification is needed for cds?Plz let me know whether I can go for it or not.
hiii,a text document is attached...read it carefully.
Attached Files
File Type: txt New Text Document (5).txt(8.1 KB, 180 views)
4th February 2011, 05:34 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Through CDS examination one can choose anyone of

Indian Military Academy or
Naval Academy or
Air Force Academy or
Officers Training Academy

But the eligibility criteria is different for different academies.

The educational qualification required for IMA and OTA is
Graduation degree or equivalent in any stream from a recognised University .

The educational qualification required for Air Force Academy and Naval Academy is
Graduation degree from a Recognized University
(with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

The age limit is as follow;
IMA:
19-23 years
Naval:
19-22 years
Airforce:
19-23 years
OTA:
19-25 years.

The UPSC notification for CDS examination clearly states the upper and lower limit of
date of birth for different academies. The above mentioned age limit is for guidance
but it would be better if you visit the notification for the exam and then find your
eligibility for it.

visit: http://www.upsc.gov.in/

Thank You
4th February 2011, 05:48 PM
syed2011

in simple terms.. a Bachelors degree is eligible for Cds.
4th February 2011, 06:31 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Eligibility criteria to apply for CDS examination?

Hi

CDS is the Combined Defence service examination conducted for the selection in defence service as an officer. The minimum education qualification required for this exam is graduation.

The complete eligibility criteria for this exam is given below:

1.Minimum academic qualifications

(i) For IMA and OTA :-If a candidate is applied for the IMA and OTA through this entry mode the minimum education qualification is Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.

(ii) For Naval Academy :-If a candidate is applied for the Naval Academy through this entry mode the minimum education qualification is Degree in Engineering.

(iii) For Air Force Academy :-If a candidate is applied for the Air Force through CDS entry then the minimum eduaction qualification is Degree from a recognized University. Also the candidate have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering.

AGE LIMIT:
The minimum age limit for the IMA and OTA, Naval Academy and Air force Academy is given below:

1.For IMA
19 - 24 years

2.For OTA
19 - 25 years

3.For NA
19 - 22 years

4.For AFA
19 - 23 years

So if you fulfill the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to appear for the CDS exam.

GOOD LUCK
5th February 2011, 06:15 PM
HARENDRA SINGH RAWAT

first u complete ur gradutaion because for cds gradution is necessary . if u clear the cds then u read ncert of class10 to 12 for mathh u read 10 class book and read newspaper daily
8th February 2011, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

i m in b.tech 3rd year can i apply for cds this year?
11th February 2011, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

is there any required percentage to apply for cds?
12th February 2011, 07:51 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

hii

Eligibility criteria to apply for CDS examination
For Air Force Academy - Degree of Recognized University With Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level Or Bachelor of Engineering.
Age Eligiblity -
For Air Force Academy- Unmarried male candidates between 19-23 Year Are Eligible
For Officers Training Academy- Male candidates Married or Unmarried between 19-25 years Are Eligible.

good luck
12th February 2011, 01:33 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

The CDS examination is conducted by UPSC on 13th February 2011 for the admission in Military Academy , Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy for the course commencing in January 2012 and Officier Training Academy for the course commencing in April 2012.
Condition of Eligibility:
For Indian Military Academy - Unmarried male candidate having degree of recognize university and born not earlier then 2nd January 1988 and not later then 1st January 1993.
For Indian Naval Academy - Unmarried male candidate must having degree in engineering and born not earlier then 2nd January 1990 and not later then 1st January 1993.
For Air Force Academy - Unmarried male candidate must have degree of recognize university or bachelor of engineering and born not earlier then 2nd January 1989 nd not later then 1st January 1993.
For Officer training Academy - Male candidate (married or non married) must have a degree of a recognize university and born not earlier then 2nd January 1987 and not later then 1st January 1993.
12th February 2011, 08:36 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

hello
For Eligibility criteria to apply for CDS examination
go through the following link:

http://www.indicareer.com/competitiv...onditions.html

good luck.......
15th February 2011, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

which of eligibility is applicable for commerce stream????
16th February 2011, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Re: Eligibility criteria to apply for CDS examination?
22nd February 2011, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

after your b.com you can sit in cds examination
5th March 2011, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

i m doing b.com. third year can i apply cds this year?
pls suggest me...
18th March 2011, 11:55 PM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

CDS Examination (I) – CDS Exam Eligibility 2011

(a) Nationality : A candidate must either be :

i. A Citizen of India, or

ii. A subject of Bhutan, or

iii. A subject of Nepal, or

iv. A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or

v. A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.

A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him by the Government before declaration of result by UPSC.

(b) Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status :

i. For IMA-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later than 1st 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

ii. For Naval Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 (2nd January, 1988 in case of NCC/Naval Wing ‘C’ Certificate holders) and not later than 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

iii. For Air Force Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

iv. For Officers Training Academy – (SSC Course for Men) : Male candidates (married or unmarried born not earlier than 2nd January, 1987 and not later than 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

v. For Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) :

Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (In possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1987 and not later than 1st January, 1993

The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.

These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.

The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.

Sometimes the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate does not show the date of birth, or only shows the age by completed years or completed years and months.

In such cases a candidate must send in addition to the attested/certified copy of Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate an attested/certified copy of a certificate from the Headmaster/Principal of the Institution from where he passed the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination showing the date of his birth or exact age as recorded in the Admission Register of the Institution.

Note 1 : Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.

Note 2 : Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently or at a subsequent examination on any ground whatsoever.

Note 3 : The candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in column 8 of the application form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the Rules.

(c) CDS Educational Qualifications :

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy-Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering.

3. For Air Force Academy : Degree of Recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Graduates with first choice as Army / Navy / Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.

Candidates who are studying in the final year Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army HQ/Rtg.

CDSE Entry, West Block III, R K Puram, New Delhi-110066 in case of IMA/SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ “DMPR” (OI. & R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi – 110011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110011 in case of Air Force first choice candidates by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand cancelled :

(i) For admission to IMA, Naval and Air Force Academy on or before 13th November, 2011.

(ii) For admission to Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai on or before 1st February, 2012.

Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination.

In exceptional cases the Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his admission to the examination.

Note I : Candidates, who have yet to pass their degree examination will be eligible only if they are studying in the final year of degree examination.

Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the final year Degree Examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them. They are required to submit proof of passing the Degree examination by the prescribed date and no request for extending this date will be entertained on the grounds of late conduct of basic qualifying University Examination, delay in declaration of results or any other ground whatsoever.

Note II : Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admision to the examination and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.

Note III : In the event of Air Force candidates being suspended from Flying Training for failure to learn flying, they would be absorbed in the Navigation/Administration/Logistic Branch of the IAF. This will be subject to availability of vacancies and fulfilling the laid down qualitative requirements (including 60% in graduation).

Educational Qualification Code for CDS Exam (I) 2011

Codes prescribed for educational qualification are as follows :

Code Educational Qualification
01 Passed/appeared/appearing the final year degree or equivalent examination (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level).
02 Passed/appeared/appearing the final year of Engineering degree examination.
03 Passed/appeared/appearing the final year degree or equivalent examination with other subjects (i.e. other than those mentioned against 01 and 02 above).
18th March 2011, 11:57 PM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

eneral category and others category - 60% aggregate marks in XIIth standard or in Diploma after Xth standard; and 55% aggregate marks in Graduation. SC/ST/PWD category - 55% aggregate marks in XIIth standard or in Diploma after Xth standard; and 50% aggregate marks in Graduation.
POs - Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 28.02.2010 i.e. candidates must have been born not earlier than 01.03.1980 and not later than 28.02.1989 (both days inclusive)
21st March 2011, 12:55 PM

CDS Examination (I) – CDS Exam Eligibility 2011

(a) Nationality : A candidate must either be :

iv. A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
v. A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.

A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him by the Government before declaration of result by UPSC.

(b) Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status :

i. For IMA-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later than 1st 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

ii. For Naval Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 (2nd January, 1988 in case of NCC/Naval Wing ‘C’ Certificate holders) and not later than 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

iii. For Air Force Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

iv. For Officers Training Academy – (SSC Course for Men) : Male candidates (married or unmarried born not earlier than 2nd January, 1987 and not later than 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

v. For Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) :

Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (In possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1987 and not later than 1st January, 1993

The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.

These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.

The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.

Sometimes the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate does not show the date of birth, or only shows the age by completed years or completed years and months.

In such cases a candidate must send in addition to the attested/certified copy of Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate an attested/certified copy of a certificate from the Headmaster/Principal of the Institution from where he passed the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination showing the date of his birth or exact age as recorded in the Admission Register of the Institution.

Note 1 : Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.

Note 2 : Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently or at a subsequent examination on any ground whatsoever.

Note 3 : The candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in column 8 of the application form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the Rules.

(c) CDS Educational Qualifications :

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy-Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.

3. For Air Force Academy : Degree of Recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Graduates with first choice as Army / Navy / Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.

Candidates who are studying in the final year Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army HQ/Rtg.

CDSE Entry, West Block III, R K Puram, New Delhi-110066 in case of IMA/SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ “DMPR” (OI. & R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi – 110011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110011 in case of Air Force first choice candidates by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand cancelled :

(i) For admission to IMA, Naval and Air Force Academy on or before 13th November, 2011.

(ii) For admission to Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai on or before 1st February, 2012.

Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination.

In exceptional cases the Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his admission to the examination.

Note I : Candidates, who have yet to pass their degree examination will be eligible only if they are studying in the final year of degree examination.

Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the final year Degree Examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them. They are required to submit proof of passing the Degree examination by the prescribed date and no request for extending this date will be entertained on the grounds of late conduct of basic qualifying University Examination, delay in declaration of results or any other ground whatsoever.

Note II : Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admision to the examination and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.

Note III : In the event of Air Force candidates being suspended from Flying Training for failure to learn flying, they would be absorbed in the Navigation/Administration/Logistic Branch of the IAF. This will be subject to availability of vacancies and fulfilling the laid down qualitative requirements (including 60% in graduation).

Educational Qualification Code for CDS Exam (I) 2011

Codes prescribed for educational qualification are as follows :
Code Educational Qualification
01 Passed/appeared/appearing the final year degree or equivalent examination (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level).
02 Passed/appeared/appearing the final year of Engineering degree examination.
03 Passed/appeared/appearing the final year degree or equivalent examination with other subjects (i.e. other than those mentioned against 01 and 02 above).
for further details vist

http://www.indicareer.com/competitiv...onditions.html
22nd March 2011, 04:38 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Combined Defense Services Examination:
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Nationality : A candidate must either be :

AGE LIMIT:
Indian Military Academy: 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: 19-22 Years
Officers’ Training Academy: 19-25 Years

CDS Educational Qualifications :

For more details:www.upscexam.com
23rd March 2011, 03:52 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hiiiiii Friend,

Eligibility criteria to apply for CDS examination are as follows: -

CDS exams are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

Educational Eligibility For CDS Exam - Graduation in any stream with minimum 50 % aggregate marks from a regonised institute / university.

Age Eligibility For CDS Exam - 21 Years to 30 Years.

Physical Eligibility For CDS Exam - A candidate should be physically and mentally fit.

1. Eye Sight = 6/6,
2. Height = 167 cms,
3. Weight: 50 Kg
4. Chest: 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)

NOTE: - For more details & updated information visit Indian Army official website i.e. www.indianarmy.nic.in

Good Luck
25th March 2011, 06:24 PM
GABRU GABRU GABRU BOLO
Junior Member+

hi dear,

ELIGIBILITY FOR CDS EXAM: -

1. Pass graduation in any subject or in any engineering stream from a regonised institute / university.

2. Age - 21 Years to 30 Years.

more information-

http://www.upsc.gov.in/

okkkkkkkkk
5th April 2011, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

sir i m doing graduation from open university so should i eligible for cds
8th April 2011, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

i am btech-it 2 year student or want to prepare for cds exam in which year i am able to give the exam
9th April 2011, 12:31 AM
shermin
Senior Member+

For IMA-a degree from recognized university.
For Indian Naval-degree in engineering.
For Air Force-bachelor of engineering or a degree from recognized university.

For further details you can check the link:www.upscexam.com/.
18th April 2011, 01:57 AM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Eligibility criteria to apply for CDS examination?

I will definitely help in clearing your confusion.

Look for CDS, you need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

Educational Qualification:

Candidate must a have a graduation degree from any field from a recognized university.
Students in the final year of such courses can also apply.

Age Limit:

For Indian Military academy - 19 to 23 years.

For Indian Air Force Academy - 19 to 23 years.

For Officer's Training Academy - 19 to 25 years.

For Naval Academy - 19 to 22 years.

For more details regarding CDS, visit:

www.upsc.gov.in

I hope this helps you out.

Also note that the CDS exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year.
26th April 2011, 07:01 PM
ZChirag aggarwal

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility criteria to apply for CDS examination?

Quote:
Dear frend,

If you are doing B.COM ,then you should first complete of

with this because in final year of Graduation, you need to pass the

Combined Defence Services Exams being conducted by UPSC, clear the SSB

interview,be medically fit and join IMA as a Direct Entry provided you come in

merit. For details of exam dates/ notification visit UPSC.. website - upsc.nic.in
26th April 2011, 07:09 PM
ZChirag aggarwal

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility criteria to apply for CDS examination?

Quote:
Dear frend,

If you are doing B.COM ,then you should first complete of

with this because in final year of Graduation, you need to pass the

Combined Defence Services Exams being conducted by UPSC, clear the SSB

interview,be medically fit and join IMA as a Direct Entry provided you come in

merit. For details of exam dates/ notification visit UPSC.. website - upsc.nic.in

The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum

marks allotted to each subjects are:

(a) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy.

Subject Duration Maximum Marks
1. English 2 Hours 100

2. General Knowledge 2 Hours 100

3. Elementary Mathematics 2 Hours 100

(b) For Admission to Officers' Training Academy

Subject Duration Maximum Marks

1. English 2 Hrs 100

2. General Knowledge 2 Hrs. 100

The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews

will be equal for each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the written

examination and to the interviews will be 300,300,300 and 200 each for

admission to the Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy

and Officers' Training Academy respectively.

3. The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only.

The question papers (test booklets) of general knowledge and elementary

mathematics will be set in bilingually in Hindi as well as English .

4. In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric

system of Weights and Measures only will be set.

5. Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances

will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.

6. The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the

subjects of the examination.

7. The candidates are not permitted to use calculator for answering objective

type papers (Test Booklets). They should not therefore, bring the same inside

the Examination Hall.

B. Standard and Syllabus of the Examination

Standard

The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level.

The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian University.

Syllabus

English

The question paper will be designed to test the candidates' understanding of

English and workmanlike use of words.

General Knowledge

General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters

of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be

expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any

scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on History of India and

Geography of a nature which candidate should be able to answer without

special study.

Elementary Mathematics (Code No. 03)

Arithmetic

Number System-Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers.

Fundamental operations addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square

roots, Decimal fractions.

Unitary method-time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications

to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion,

variation.

Elementary Number Theory- Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers.

Tests of divisibility by 2,3,4,5,9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation

Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm, Logarithms to base 10, laws

of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.

Algebra

Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M. Theory of

polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and

coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations

in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear

equations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to

two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic

equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation,

Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
Trigonometry

Sine x, cosine x, Tangent x when 00 < x < 900

Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x = 00, 300, 450, 600 and 900

Simple trigonometric identities.

Use of trigonometric tables.

simple cases of heights and distances.

Geometry

Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles

at a point (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency

of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes,

(vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and

square (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix)

Loci.

Mensuration

Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of

figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and

volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and

cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.

Statistics

Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation

frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of

central tendency.
27th April 2011, 02:24 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Eligibility criteria for CDS exam:

Education qualification:

So, After Completing Your B.com, You Are Eligible To Apply for CDS Exams. So, Please Complete Your Degree First Only Then You Are Eligible.

For more information,then click here

30th April 2011, 11:52 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hey friend,

As you have asked for the information regarding the CDS exam i have mentioned them below:

Hey friend,

CDS- Combine Defence Service examination.

The exam is conducted by UPSC and it is done twice in a year.

The eligibilty criteria for CDS exam are:

For Indian Military academy:

Only unmarried male candidates with 19-24 years are eligible.

For Naval academy:

Only unmarried male candidates with 19-22 years are eligible.

For Air force academy:

Only unmarried male candidates with 19-23 years are eligible.

For Officers training academy:

Married or unmarried male candidates with 19-25 years are eligible.Unmarried women,issueless widows who have not remarried are also eligible.

The education criteria for CDS exam is mentioned below:

For Military and Officers training academy:

A degree from a recognized university is needed.

For Indian Naval Academy:

A degree in the field of engineering is needed.

For Air force academy:

A degree from a recognized university with physics and maths at 10 and 12 level or a B.E degree is needed.

Thank you.
28th May 2011, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

I am 12th pass with 48% am i eligible for cds
31st May 2011, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

I m a student of BCA last semester from IGNOU, i just wanted to know that can i apply for the CDS exams For I.M.A. and Officers%u2019 Training Academy and For Air Force Academy?
plz reply soon..
3rd June 2011, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

is married women can apply for enterance exam
6th June 2011, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARENDRA SINGH RAWAT View Post
first u complete ur gradutaion because for cds gradution is necessary . if u clear the cds then u read ncert of class10 to 12 for mathh u read 10 class book and read newspaper daily

game wallpapers, daemon tools
15th June 2011, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

arpita can a graduate girl join ima?
19th June 2011, 10:42 PM
Ramjash
Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,,

Minimum qualification to appear for CDS exam is graduation. The age limit is up to 25 years.

If you clear your exam then you will be called for SSb interview and so on as per the existing rules of the government.

Regards,

Ramjash
21st June 2011, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,
Will u plz tell me the whether only male candidates can apply for CDS Examinations or female candidates can also apply?????
if yes then plz tell me what %age is required at graduation level??? I am in B. Sc. Third Year. so am I eligible to apply now? or I'll have to complete my graduation first?? I have NCC 'C' Certificate too. so am I eligible for special entry??? if yes then there are any special form to fill for that or i can apply simply online???? I am looking for your reply....
thanking you.....
1st July 2011, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
what type of questions ask in cds exam for b.tech student.tell me plz.
2nd July 2011, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

is there any relaxation in percentage for graduate student who is belong to S/T and holding NCC certificate? or it should be 50% only?
12th July 2011, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have completed the b.sc three years course in 2010 but i have still one subject backlog in b.sc and i will clear this backlog in this december 2011. am i eligible to take cds1 exam in february 2012.
12th July 2011, 08:40 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have comleted B.Sc three years course in 2010 but i have one subject back in 5th semester. I will clear that subject in this december 2011 and my age is 22.i am interested to go for ima. am i eligible to take cds1 exam in february 2012
15th July 2011, 12:50 AM
sonam wangdi

hi friend,

the eligibility criteria for a candidate to appear for CDS examination is that they should poossess degree from a recognized university.

For Indian Military Academy(IMA) age limit is from 19 -24 years. candidates of more than 24 years of age are not eligible.

For Officers' Training Academy(OTA) age limit is from 19-25 years.

Naval Academy and Air force Academy also have same age limits with 19-22 and 19-23 of age respectively.

you can apply for IMA and OTA but not Naval Academy and Air Force Academy.

thank you and best wishes.
18th July 2011, 07:41 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

hey friend

To be eligible for the CDS exam, candidates should be a citizen of India primarily. Subjects of Bhutan and Nepal and Tibetan refugees who have migrated to India and settled in India prior to 1962 are also eligible. Other than citizens of India all other candidate should have a certificate of Eligibility issued by the Government of India to be eligible to appear for the exam. Each of these four academies’ has other eligibility criteria in terms of Age, Education etc.

The details are given below

Indian Military Academy: Unmarried men between the age group of 19 to 24 years are eligible to take up the examination. The candidates must also have a degree of a recognized university or equivalent

Naval Academy: Unmarried men in the age group of 19 to 22 years are eligible to appear for the exam. The candidates should also posses a degree of recognized university and with Mathematics and Physics as their subjects in 10+2 level or candidates with Bachelor of Engineering degrees are eligible.

Air Force Academy: Unmarried men in the age group of 19 to 23 years are eligible. The candidates must have a degree in B.Sc Maths & Physics of Bachelor of Engineering are eligible.

Officer's Training academy: Married or Unmarried men and women in the age group of 19 to 25 years are eligible. The candidates must also have a degree of a recognized university or equivalent
30th July 2011, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

if i m born on 20-8-1988 cai eligible for cds 1 2012
18th August 2011, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

girls can also apper this exam or not.
30th August 2011, 07:04 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Eligibility Criteria for CDS(Common Defence Service) examination and the exam is conducted by UPSC(union public service commission)

* Candidates should be a graduate from a recognized university
* Age limit must be within 19-22 years for Navy
* Age limit must be within 19-24 years for Army
* Age limit must be within 19-23 years for Air Force.
* Only unmarried male candidates are allowed for the exam
* Final year can also attend the exam.

Best wishes
31st August 2011, 12:30 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Combine Defence Services (CDS) Examination is premier entrance examination to those graduate aspirants who are willing to join Indian Defence Forces.

CDS examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commision (UPSC) twice in a year in the month of August and September.

Eligibility : Candidates must be male Indian candidates having graduation degree in any stream/ BE/ B Tech degree from a recognised university. If candidate is willing to join Navy or Air Force wing then he must haved passed Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

Final year appearing students can also apply provisionally for the examination.

CDSE official advertisment would be published in employment newspaper in the month of april and september every year.
8th September 2011, 11:36 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Hey, don't confuse your self. After b.com course you eligible for cds entrance examination in army division . your not eligible for navy or airforce . i provide you the details regarding cds examination .

cds stands for combined defence service . the cds examination is conducted by the upsc union public service commission of india .the examination of cds is divided into four division namely ,

>>Indian military academy {IMA}

>>Air force academy {AFA}

>>Navy academy {NA}

Indian Military Academy :

>>you should be qualified in under graduation any stream { ie : science or arts or commerce } from recognized university .

>>you age should be 19 years to 24 years .

Navy Academy :

>>You should be qualified in under gradation course in science or engineering stream { ie : physics , chemistry , biology , mathematics } from recognized university .

>>your age should be 19 to 22 years

Air force :

>>You should be qualified in under graduation in science or engineering stream from recognized university .

>>Your age should be 19 years to 23 years

Syllabus for I.E.S Examination :

>>English syllabus

>>General knowledge

>>Elementary mathematics

If you satisfied the eligibility criteria , then your eligible for cds examination .

Regards
Education and Career Forum
Infoysis
11th September 2011, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

my DOB is 24oct,1987 can i apper this test
12th September 2011, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

sir howmany persentage will get selection for an student
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?