23rd December 2017, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply for CTET both papers

I have completed post graduation with 72% and continuing B.Ed, but in graduation my score is 49.72%. Can I be eligible to apply for CTET for both papers?

23rd December 2017, 10:06 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for CTET both papers

CTET refers to Central Teacher Eligibility Test and same examination is held by CBSE for recruitment of teachers in schools funded by Central governments like KV, JNV, etc. and other CBSE affiliated private schools.

In order to be eligible for both papers of CTET you need to have completed your graduation degree course with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. You must hold B.Ed ( Bachelor of Education ) degree course too. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So having secured 49.72% marks in graduation you are eligible for appearing in CTET only if you belong to reserved category as for general category candidates the minimum marks required in graduation is 50%.

For more details regarding CTET you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in.
23rd December 2017, 11:08 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria to apply for CTET Papers:

Basically there are two stages included in CTET and they are, Primary Stage and Elementary Stage.

>> As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are eligible to apply for both the above papers with the above mentioned percentage.

>> Candidates who are done with Graduation with 45% marks and doing B.Ed course are eligible to apply for this CTET Examination.

>> Candidates must have done Graduation and if they have passed or appearing in Diploma in Elementary Education or Bachelor of Education are also eligible to apply.

>> I have provided you a link where you may find all the details about this examination and eligibility details clearly.

Click here for More Details
24th December 2017, 11:39 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Below I mentioned the eligibility criteria for CTET examination, just have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria for CTET:-

Candidates must have completed their Graduation from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored at least 50% of marks in the Graduation level.
Candidates must have a B.Ed degree along with Graduate degree.

Since, you have scored 49.72% of marks in Graduation, you cannot apply for CTET examination.
26th December 2017, 03:56 PM
smdk

Eligibility for appearing in CTET are

Teacher for class I - V: Primary Stage
Senior secondary with 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of diploma/bachelor of Elementary Education.

Teacher for class VI-VIII: Elementary Stage
Graduation with 50% marks and paased or appearing in final year of B.Ed/B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.

5% relaxation in marks will be given to the candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PWD).

If you belongs to the reserved category then you are eligible. Otherwise you cannot.

Regarding CTET visit www.ctet.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?