16th June 2014, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?

sir
I am in first year B.E. Electronics and instrumentation engg.
I wish to to apply for IES after engg.
Can I give the IES xam opting E&Tc branch ?
please tell me soon thank you

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible for IES exam after pursuing 4th year B.Tech Instrumentation engineering? What is the syllabus for IES?
  2. Am I eligible to appear IES examination with B.E. in Electronics and Instrumentation?
  3. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  4. Am I eligible for IES Exam having completed B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  5. What is the actual difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing Electrical & Electronics Engineering? How to prepare for this Exam?
  6. Can I join electrical engineering stream for IES exam? I am pursuing EIE
  7. Can Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering candidates apply for IES Exam?
  8. Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering?
  9. what is the difference between IES & Engineering Examination in UPSC? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  11. What type of jobs are available after qualifying IES examination? I am doing B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering
  12. Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?
  13. What is the difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? How can I prepare for IES being a candidate of Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for IFS Exam after completion of Engineering with Electronics and Instrumentation stream?
  15. Will this be a right option for me of preparing for IES Exam being a candidate having completed Engineering in Electronics Instrumentation and Control?
  16. Can a person pursuing B.Tech in instrumentation and control engineering branch apply for IES?
  17. M.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation from Abroad?
  18. Can I appear for IES Exam after the completion of B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
20th June 2014, 08:17 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?

Yeah, you are eligible to apply for IES Examination if pursuing B.E in Electronics & Instrumental Engineering. IES i.e Indian Engineering Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year for recruitment into Civil, Mech, Electronics, Electronics & Telecommunication departments.

Eligibility Criteria for IES :-
  • You should have completed Engineering degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification.
  • M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also applicable.
  • You must have attained the age of 21 years and must must not have attained the age of 30 year as on 1st August of the year of examination.
  • The Age relaxation is applicable as per Government Norms.
  • A maximum of three years for OBC candidates.
  • A maximum of five years for candidates belongs to be a SC/ST.

2014 Engineering Service Examination notification has been already released. Last Date for receipt of application was already closed on 10th March 2014. Next Exam notification will be published in the month of February or March in the official website of UPSC as well as Employment News paper. The Application forms will only be accepted online mode.
21st June 2014, 02:18 PM
leepetutorial

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?

If you have completed your B.E with Electronics and Communication Engineering, Then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?