12th January 2012, 02:26 PM
jack123akash

Am I eligible to apply for job in public sector companies? What's the selection procedure and eligibility criteria for the same? I have 64% in B.Tech and had many backlogs

I m B.E student had many backlogs and have percentage 64% above in all as i had backlogs shall i able to get exam for the public sector or get job for this sector in future. Can i would get the necessary details and other requirments for it. plz do reply....

thanking you;
Regards,
Akash

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for private or government job when I have backlogs?
  2. Eligibility criteria to appear for Public Sector Unit Exams? How to apply for it? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available for civil engineering students in public sector? What's the selection procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  4. Is SNDT University recognized for bank exam?
  5. Eligibility to get job in CAPGEMINI for a candidate who has gap in his academics?
  6. Is there any chance for me to get job in private companies via campus placement if I have 4 backlogs?
  7. Will I be eligible for top MNC companies like Google, Dell, HCL, TCS etc.?
  8. Selection criteria of Syntel for Graduates with two backlogs pending?
  9. Any options in PSU's after completing B.Tech? List of all the PSU's?
  10. Whether B.Tech graduates with backlog apply for campus placement or not?
  11. What are the jobs available after passing B.Tech IT
  12. If I have 4 backlogs in 1st year and 65% upto 6th semester can I get a good job in IT companies as well as in government sector? What is the criteria of IT companies like Infosys?
  13. Will I be eligible to apply for campus placements if I have 1 back paper while am in 3rd year?
  14. What is the common IT Companies Campus Placement Eligibility Criteria? -- [New]
  15. Job opportunity in DLF for a candidate secured 68%, 59% and 70% in 10th, 12th and B.Tech respectively?
  16. What is the required percentage in 12th and 10th for PSU?
  17. Job Opportunities available in Public Sector for B.Tech freshers? Selection Procedure for these Jobs?
  18. What is the maximum age limit for getting a job in public sector?
2nd October 2012, 04:09 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for job in public sector companies? What's the selection procedure and eligibility criteria for the same? I have 64% in B.Tech and had many backlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack123akash View Post
I m B.E student had many backlogs and have percentage 64% above in all as i had backlogs shall i able to get exam for the public sector or get job for this sector in future. Can i would get the necessary details and other requirments for it. plz do reply....

thanking you;
Regards,
Akash
Dear Akash,

To appear in any PSU you need to have at least 60% overall i.e. in 10th, 12th and B.tech. Gaps or Backlogs are not a problem f you qualify the written of PSU but all backlogs should be cleared at the time of interview(preferred).

All the PSU exams comprises of following sections:
  1. General aptitude
  2. english
  3. General studies
  4. Technical knoowledge

You have to focus more on general studies as for engineering students aptitude and technical is a bit easy if he/she has some hold on his/her core subjects but they find general studies tough. If you give weak performance in any of the sections your possibility for selection will become less as competition is very high for each seat plus reservation system.

So if you are planning for giving PSU prepare seriously and give your best.

Regards
ankima
18th November 2012, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for job in public sector companies? What's the selection procedure and eligibility criteria for the same? I have 64% in B.Tech and had many backlogs

dear , i just cant figure out if i have a backlog that took my degree to 5th year but i'll b able to graduate before the interview for sure...would i be disqualified because of this backlog.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?