29th September 2015, 10:45 PM
arpitha shetty B

Am I eligible to apply for jobs in Indian Air Force if I complete B.Sc course?

Respected Sir or Madam,

I hav completed my 12th in physics chemistry maths and biology with 65% of marks. and now am practicing B.Sc in food nutrition and dietetics.. so were i am able fr any of d posts in Indian Air Force??? Can you please answer me soon on the same!

30th September 2015, 08:15 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for jobs in Indian Air Force if I complete B.Sc course?

If you wish to join Air Force then you should go for AFCAT exam .

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test .

AFCAT is a common entrance exam to get admission in Technical Branch,Flying branch and Ground duty branch of Indian Air Force .

The eligibility criteria required for AFCAT exam are as under :-

Flying branch :

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 24 years .

-The candidate should have passed Graduation in any discipline with at least 60% marks from a recognized university .

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics .

-The candidate should have passed Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).

Technical Branch:

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 26 years .

-The candidate should have passed Bachelor of Engineering with at least 60% marks from a recognized university .

Ground duty branch :

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 26 years .

-The candidate should have passed Post Graduation degree in any stream with at least 50% marks from a recognized university . .

Selection procedure :

Screening Test

Psychological Test ,

Group discussion & Interview .

Exam Syllabus :

Reasoning

Verbal ability

General Awareness

Numerical ability

General Aptitude.
30th September 2015, 11:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for jobs in Indian Air Force if I complete B.Sc course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpitha shetty B View Post
Respected Sir or Madam,

I hav completed my 12th in physics chemistry maths and biology with 65% of marks. and now am practicing B.Sc in food nutrition and dietetics.. so were i am able fr any of d posts in Indian Air Force??? Can you please answer me soon on the same!
You are now doing in B.Sc in food nutrition and dietetics so you are not eligible for Indian Air Force exam which is conducted by UPSC through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Air Force Academy: - 19 to 23 years
30th September 2015, 01:09 PM
H Rimmy

Hi Dear
You have been completed +2 with 65% marks that it is grateful.Now you have to do B.sc (with the subjects of Physics and maths) then you absolutely apply for the CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC for joining to Indian Navy .
Eligibility Criteria:- Age limit:- Age should be 20 to 25 years .
For more information you can visit at website www.upsc.gov.in
30th September 2015, 03:11 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

To join Indian Air Force candidate has to complete his/her graduation degree in B.TECH/B.E with aggregate of 60%. For joining Indian Air Force aspirant has to clear AFCAT (Air Force Comon Admission Test). There three departments in Indian Air Force:

1. Flying Branch
2. Technical Branch
3. Ground Duty Branch.

As you have mentioned that you have completed your B.SC degree sorry you are not applicable for Indian Air Force. Only B.TECH/B.E degree student can apply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?