10th November 2017, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NET exam after completion of engineering and MA in Sociology?

Are the student from science background who have done masters in arts eligible for NET in the subject of their masters? I have completed engineering and then MA Sociology, so can you please help me with the details on the same. Awaiting to get the response.

12th November 2017, 04:13 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET exam after completion of engineering and MA in Sociology?

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and same examination is held for recruitment of Assistant Professor and JRFs in various universities approved by UGC.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in NET is a Master's degree in any discipline ( out of the list of 84 subjects available on the official link of NET ) with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is applicable for reserved category candidates.

So being an engineering degree holder followed by Master of Arts in Sociology you are eligible for appearing in NET if you have managed the minimum marks required in Master's for your category as for appearing in these examinations subject at Master's degree matters not the academic background.

For more details regarding NET you can visit its official website which is www.cbsenet.nic.in .
12th November 2017, 10:48 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET exam after completion of engineering and MA in Sociology?

Eligibility Criteria for NET :

* The candidate has to be a post graduate i.e. he has done Masters in any field in the scheme of 10+2+3+2 at least from a recognized university.

* The candidate has to 23 years in age at least.

If you have above qualifications, you can go for NET.
13th November 2017, 09:37 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Candidates of science background who have done master's degree in arts are eligible for National Eligibility test.

NET is conducted by CBSE twice every year for Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship. The eligibility criteria for NET exam is:

Master's degree in any discipline with minimum of 55% marks in post graduation.

The upper age limit for JRF is 28 years and no upper age limit for lectureship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?