21st February 2017, 04:05 PM
Deepak deepak g

Am I eligible to apply for Sub Inspector Post after completing BE in Computer Science with a weak eye sight (-1.25)?

Respected Sir, I have completed my Graduation with BE in Computer Science and now I want to apply for Sub Inspector exam so I want to know am I eligible to apply for Sub Inspector Post after completing BE in Computer Science with a weak eye sight (-1.25)? Please answer as soon as possible.

1st June 2017, 12:52 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Sub Inspector Post after completing BE in Computer Science with a weak eye sight (-1.25)?

The eligibility to become a Sub Inspector are as under:-

-The candidate should have a citizenship of India.

-The minimum qualification required to apply for the post is Bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

-The physical standards requirement to apply for the Police Inspector post are

*Height-

**For male candidate-170 cm.

**For female candidate-157 cm.

There is relaxation in height for hill men and tribals by 5 cm.

*Chest: 80 cm without expansion and 85 cm with expansion. (There shall not be such requirement in case of female candidates)

* Vision: Eye-sight without glasses or without correction;

**Distant vision: 6/6 in one and 6/9 in the other eye.

**Near vision: 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye.

-The selection process consists of written exam and physical test.

-The written exam is for

*General Knowledge

*General Awareness

*Reasoning Ability

*Maths.
25th December 2017, 12:21 PM
nishanth60

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Sub Inspector Post after completing BE in Computer Science with a weak eye sight (-1.25)?

No, you are not eligible to apply for Police Sub Inspector post as you have weak eye sight of -1.25 for near vision.
# Eye sight requirement for Sub Inspector post is
-> Distant vision : 6/6 and 6/9 in both eyes without wearing spectacles
-> Near vision : 0.5 and 0.5 in both eyes without wearing Glasses.
# And Graduation in any stream or equivalent examination pass from UGC recognised institution or college is the educational qualification required to apply for this post. So, as you have completed your B.E, you are eligible buy because of your weak eye sight, you are not eligible for Sub Inspector post.
# Age limit to apply for this post is 18-27 years and the age relaxations are as per government regulations.
# And other physical standards required to apply for SI post are :
-> 170 cm height for male candidates and 162.5 cm height for female candidates.
-> Chest should be 80 cm without expansion and 85 cm with expansion for male candidates & there is no such requirement for female candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?