31st May 2012, 10:01 AM
vikichauhan

Can I apply for NDA Exam being a candidate having Eye sight and appearing for 12th Class Exams?

sir
want to ask that can i apply for in nda for army as i have my eye sight weak and i a undergoing with my 12 exam by commerce stream ??

1st June 2012, 07:43 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can I apply for NDA Exam being a candidate having Eye sight and appearing for 12th Class Exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikichauhan View Post
sir
want to ask that can i apply for in nda for army as i have my eye sight weak and i a undergoing with my 12 exam by commerce stream ??
If you are applying for the Indian Air force and Navy then you are not eligible to apply for the National defence academy examination. For Indian Air force and Navy a candidate should have eye sight 6/6 without glasses. Candidate having glasses are not eligible to apply.

You can apply for the Indian Army if you are having glasses. So you are eligible to apply for the Indian Army only not Air force and Navy through National defence academy examination. The eligibility required for the National defence academy examination is given below:

Education Qualification
Candidate applying for the National defence academy examination should be 10+2 pass. Candidate appeared in the 10+2 examination are also eligible to apply for the national defence academy examination.
For the Indian Air force and Navy a candidate should have physics and Maths at 10+2.

Age Limit
For the National defence academy examination a candidate age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.
No relaxation in age is given to any reserved category candidates.

For latest updates or more information about national defence academy examination you can also visit at the below web site:

www.upsc.gov.in
1st June 2012, 08:50 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA Exam being a candidate having Eye sight and appearing for 12th Class Exams?

Hai..

You can apply for the Indian Army if you are having glasses. So you are eligible to apply for the Indian Army only not Air force and Navy through National defence academy examination. The eligibility required for the National defence academy examination is given below:

Education Qualification

Candidate applying for the National defence academy examination should be 10+2 pass. Candidate appeared in the 10+2 examination are also eligible to apply for the national defence academy examination.
For the Indian Air force and Navy a candidate should have physics and Maths at 10+2.

Age Limit

For the National defence academy examination a candidate age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.
No relaxation in age is given to any reserved category candidates.

web site:

www.upsc.gov.in

with Regards...

Siva
2nd June 2012, 01:07 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA Exam being a candidate having Eye sight and appearing for 12th Class Exams?

Hai,

12th standard with commerce students are not eligible for Airforce and Navy wings and also with eye sight you are not eligible for Indian airforce and navy.

But with eyesight and commerce stream you are eligible for Indian army.
So congrats now you can apply for Indian army through NDA(National Defence Academy) exam.

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducting this exam twice in a year.

NDA-I and NDA-II exams are conducted in a year regularly.

NDA-I exam for this year is already over, so you can apply for NDA-II exam.

Important dates for NDA-II exam:

Notification released date:05-may-2012,

Last date for receiving application forms:04-06-2012,

Examination date:19-08-2012.

Eligibility criteria:

The applicant should must be complete his/her 12th standard from a recognised state board.

Age limits is 16.5 years to 19 years, and there is no upper age relaxation.

The candidate must be a citizen of india and physically fit.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible so girls are not eligible for NDA exam.

Selection process is based on the following three steps

Selection process:

Written test,

SSB interview,

Medical test.

For more details visit the UPSC home page

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
3rd June 2012, 05:39 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

the commerce students are not eligible for the indian air force and navy exam.
But you are eligible for the indian army.

But the eye sight and commerce students are eligible for the indian army exam with NDA.

So you are eligible for the NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Eligiblity Academy.
This exam conducted by the union public service commission twice in a year.

That means NDA-I and NDA-II

NDA exam follows three steps

indian army

navy

indian air force

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Educational Qualification:

the candidate should be completed the 12th standard from recognized school or equivalent discipline.

The final year pursuing candidates are also eligible for the NDA exam.

There is no minimum percentage of marks required for this exam.

The indian air force and navy the candidate need the mathematics physics and chemistry are the compulsory subjects.

Age limit:

your age limit should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

There is no upper age relaxation for the candidate eligible this exam.

Nationality:

the candidate should be citizen of india.

Physical standards:

the candidate should have the physically and medically fit for this exam.

Important dates for
NDA-II exam:

Notification released
date:05-may-2012,

Last date for receiving
application
forms:04-06-2012,

Examination
date:19-08-2012.

For more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
11th August 2012, 03:05 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for NDA having my eyesight as -2.5 (myopia) in both eyes
28th December 2012, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

what is mean by age relaxation for sc student
12th January 2014, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

can i apply for NDA Exam for INDIAN ARMY if my eye sight is weak and i m under going with my class12 exam by science stream ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?