31st May 2015, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for applying NDA exam if I have completed 10th with 67.8% marks?

I have given 10th board exam and passed with 67.8 % . Therefore I want to ask that I can fill application form for entrance in NDA or not ??? Am I eligible for it? Can you please provide me the details on this now and I would apply for the exam accordingly!

31st May 2015, 04:23 AM
jhavikas39

Default Re: Am I eligible for applying NDA exam if I have completed 10th with 67.8% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have given 10th board exam and passed with 67.8 % . Therefore I want to ask that I can fill application form for entrance in NDA or not ??? Am I eligible for it? Can you please provide me the details on this now and I would apply for the exam accordingly!
NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY

For N.D.A exam you have to pass 12th class. 10th class marks is not require.

Eligibility for N.D.A:-
> Pass 12th with any stream from recognized board or university.
> Age should be 16-19 year.
> No age relaxation for ST/SC candidate
> You should be medically fit.

You have to qualify three stage:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical Exam.

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in
31st May 2015, 05:49 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for applying NDA exam if I have completed 10th with 67.8% marks?

NDA examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year. The examinations are conducted in the month of April and September. The examination is conducted for the recruitment of officers in the Defence Services.

The eligibility for the examination is male candidates who have passed or pursuing in 10+2 from a recognised board. There must be PCM or Commerce with Mathematics as main subjects in the board examination. The age of candidates also must be between 16.5-19 years.

So you can apply in your 12th STD. The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. It is necessary to qualify first in the Written and then in the SSB for the final selection.

The written paper contains question of Mathematics and General Ability. Both the paper are conducted on the same day. The application for the NDA are made available on the UPSC official website www.upsc.gov.in. in the January and July.
31st May 2015, 09:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You have completed 10th standard with 67% marks so you are not eligible for NDA exam. After completion of 11th standard, you can apply for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
31st May 2015, 10:12 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible for NDA after completing 10th but once you complete your 12th you will be eligible for the same .

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the same examination is held by Union Public Service Commission twice every year and are commonly known as NDA I and NDA II and are generally held in the month of April and September respectively .

Also it has three wings which are as Indian Navy , Indian Air force and Indian Army and the NDA examination is conducted in two stages which are as written examination and service selection board interview respectively and you will be eligible for stage second if you qualify the stage one .

The eligibility criteria for appearing in the NDA examination are as :-

* You must have the nationality of India and must be an unmarried male .

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years .

* You must have senior secondary degree with science stream ( i.e; PCM ) from a recognized university for your eligibility in all the three wings .Otherwise any other stream student are only eligible for Indian Army .

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the requirement of service .

For more details and notifications about the upcoming examination log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
31st May 2015, 10:28 AM
savneybillford

No, you are currently not eligible for NDA exam. To qualify to appear for NDA you need to be in 12th or have completed your 12th.
However there is no cut off in marks mentioned for NDA so it doesn't matter how much you score in your 12th. However marks may be required to clear the later stages of screening which is based on merit.
Also take up sciences in your 12th. Keep going through the employment newspaper,which will be available at the local public library. You will find notification for the exam twice every year. If you are studying in 12then you will be eligible to write NDA & NA-II.
31st May 2015, 11:11 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear you are not eligible to apply for NDA Examination after completion of NDA examination. Only the candidates who have completed 12th with Maths,Physics and Chemistry are the main subjects are eligible to apply for "NDA examination ".

To know more about the eligibility Criteria of NDA examination you have a look on the below eligibility Criteria.

--> You must have 12th in MPC with minimum percentage of marks from the recognized board.

--> Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA examination.

--> Minimum Age : 16 1/2 years

Maximum Age : 19 years

Through NDA examination you will have a chance to get a career in Defense Services like Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force.

NDA is the Examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year and there after you will give a SSB Interview once you cleared the NDA written Examination.
31st May 2015, 11:28 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

National defence academy is conducted by union public service commission twice in a year to recruits the candidates in Army, Navy & Air Force wings of National Defence Academy

No you are not eligible because 10th class students are not eligible for NDA you must passed 12th class atleast with the PCM stream

Eligibility Criteria for NDA

1). You should have completed 12th class with any of the stream to apply for Army wing.

2). One should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects to be eligible for Navy and Air Force wings.

3). You should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

4). You should be an unmarried male candidate to be eligible for this exam.
31st May 2015, 01:03 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

To join in defence service there are entrance exams which you need to satisfy in order to apply. One of the those defence service exam is NDA Exam. This exam is being conducted by UPSC every year for candidates to join in defence forces of India such as:
  • Indian Army
  • Indian Navy
  • Indian Air Force

Eligibility Needed:

# Nationality
# Martial Status
# Age Limit
# Educational qualification
# Physical Standard

-> The nationality standard states that candidate should have a citizenship in India

-> Martial status needed is candidate should be a unmarried male.

-> Age limit needed is 16 1/2- 19 1/2 years.

-> Educational qualification needed is candidate appearing should have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education for joining in Indian army.

-> In the case of joining in Indian Air Force or navy candidate should have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subjects.

-> Candidate need to be physically fit.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the NDA exam. Having completed 10th you are not eligible at this stage, but when you complete your respected +2 with other criteria's then you will be eligible.

Selection Procedure:
  1. Written Exam
  2. Interview
  • The written exam is a objective paper and consists of 2 papers such as Maths and general ability test and the duration for the exam is 2 1/2 hours. Total marks for maths is 300 and for general ability it is 600 marks
  • Regarding the interview, candidates who have cleared written is called for interview by SSB. Candidate appearing should undergo intelligence and personality test

To know more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st May 2015, 01:31 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for the National Defense Academy The entrance exam for different wings of defense is conducted by the UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for the NDA exam:

>>10+2 passed or appearing from a recognized board. English must be one of the compulsory subjects of 10+2. For Indian Airforce and Navy, mathematics and physics are compulsory subjects in 10+2 exam.

>>Age limit for candidates of any category is 16.5-19.5 years. No upper age relaxation for candidates of any category.

>>Candidate must be unmarried male Indian citizen.

Since you are 10th passed, so you are not eligible for the NDA/NA exam. You need to first complete your 10+2 from a recognized board then only you can appear for this exam.

So, within the two years you can prepare for the exam. You need to focus on the subjects like Mathematics, Science from class 9th to 10+2 so as to clear the written test of NDA exam.

Keep watching news channels and read newspapers for better general awareness. Work on English Grammar and comprehension.

For any more details, you can visit the official website of UPSC that is www.upsc.gov.in.
31st May 2015, 02:18 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can apply for the NDA exam but,after passing 10+2 class,which is the minimum required qualification to apply for NDA exam .

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.It has three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

The criteria which has to be fulfilled to get admission in NDA are following:-

-The candidate has to clear the entrance exam conducted by UPSC. UPSC conducts this exam twice a year with the name;NDA I and NDA II

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The qualification required to join NDA is 12th class of 10+2 education system from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-The selection process involves

*Written Examination

* Personal Interview by Service Selection Board

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards required to join NDA.

-The minimum height for a NDA candidate to join Indian Army should not be less than 157 cm.

-The Written exam constitutes of 2 subjects,

* Maths -300 marks

* General Ability Test-600 marks

The time duration for the written exam is 2 1/2 hours.
31st May 2015, 03:32 PM
maybach

The eligibility criteria for selection in NDA are given as follow-
1. Age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.
2. At least intermediate cleared with any stream.
3. Male candidate
4. Unmarried candidate.

It does not contain any percentage criteria and therefore you need not to worry about the percentage criteria.

Based on the above clauses, you are eligible for the course and hence do not worry about the application, rather now focus on its preparation.
31st May 2015, 05:18 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

NDA exam stands for National Defense Service which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year to join Defense service.

You are not eligible for NDA exam after 10th standard. Minimum qualification for NDA exam is 12th standard from a recognized board.

Eligibility for NDA exam:

12th standard from a recognized board in science stream for Indian Navy and Indian Air Force

Any stream for Indian Army

Your age should be between 16.5-19 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are also eligible.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit

Selection Process:

Written exam which consist General English, Mathematics and General Knowledge.

SSB Interview

Medical test
31st May 2015, 05:28 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy .
Union Public Service Commission conducts NDA examination twice a year to recruit students first in study and training period then after for field work of available in the course.

NDA recruits students to
-Indian Air Force
-Indian Army
-Indian Navy
-Naval Academy
Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA examination.
Eligibility criteria for applying to NDA examination are
-Student must have passed 12th board examination in Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics with minimum of 60% marks from a recognized board.
-Students appearing in 12th examination are also eligible to apply .
-Students must be of age 16.5-19 years.

So,you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination.
You need to take admission in 11th in science stream with Mathematics to par educational qualification if you got above 60% marks in boards.
Generally , students become eligible while the time of appearing in boards as they get over the age of 16.5 years while board examination.
11th June 2018, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

I have to join Indian navy me percentage less than 60% in 10 class cannot I joint navy or not please reply me Sir
9th September 2018, 08:06 PM
Meg24

Hello,
Yes you are eligible for NDA examination as it takes account of your 12th standard marks.
Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?