19th September 2011, 12:53 AM
deepak.kukreja2009@yahoo.

Am I eligible for NDA Exam having completed 10+2 in Commerce without Mathematics?

hi, i have passed out my 10+2 in commerce with out maths and inthe year 2008 whether m eligible ND if i m eligible nda WATS the process to be in nda plzzzz let me know..............................

19th September 2011, 07:51 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA Exam having completed 10+2 in Commerce without Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak.kukreja2009@yahoo. View Post
hi, i have passed out my 10+2 in commerce with out maths and inthe year 2008 whether m eligible ND if i m eligible nda WATS the process to be in nda plzzzz let me know..............................
Information Regarding NDA Examination.

National Defence Academy (NDA) examination is conducted by the UPSC for the admission in the Indian Army, Indian Navy and Air Force wing of the NDA. NDA examination is conducted twice in every year once in the month of April and other in the month of August. To appear in the NDA examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Pass 12th examination with any stream. The 12th board exam appearing student are also eligible to apply for the NDA examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years at the time of appearing of this examination.

As per your question if you are a commerce student then you are eligible for the Army wing of the NDA because for other wing science stream is required. For any more information about the NDA examination please visit the official website of the UPSC. :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
19th September 2011, 08:07 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA Exam having completed 10+2 in Commerce without Mathematics?

National Defense Academy (NDA) exam is conducted by upsc twice in a year to intake qualified Candidate for different department in Defense service like Indian Airforce, Indian Navy,Indian Army etc.

As you have complete 12th in commerce stream,therefore you will be eligible only for Indian Army in NDA.

Eligibility criteria for NDA-I/NDA-II exam:
Education qualification: candidate complete 12th class with PCM stream will eligible for Indian AirForce,Indian Navy.
Age Limit: Age should be between 16 1/2 to 19 years.
Citizenship: Indian

NDA-I and NDA-II exam are conducted twice in year, because the person who was not able to attend for NDA-I exam, he can apply for NDA-II exam in the same year, without having gap between the education.

NDA-I exam notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 31st Dec 2011 to 30th Jan 2012.
Exam will held on 15th April 2012.
NDA-II exam notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 5th May 2012 to 4th June 2012.
Exam will held on 19th Aug 2012.

For more details, then click here
19th September 2011, 08:12 PM
praveendia

yes u r eligible for the in nda.means .as u hd mentioned that u hd passed in 2008 one thing tht concern to u is ur age.first check that.for math paper u have to extra hard work for that paper
19th September 2011, 09:32 PM
sinzo

NDA is conducted by the UPSC .In NDA you have three areas
1.The army
2.The Naval
3.The Airforce

1.for getting into Army there is no need for mathematics and you can be from any decipline.

For Naval and Airforce you are required to have Maths and Physics as your subjects in 12th.

2.for both you must have attain 16.5 years while applying and not more than 20 years.

3.you must be a citizen of INDIA

the NDA exams happens twice a year first in the month of april and 2nd in the month of August.

one can apply for the exams by getting the forms from the GPOs.

for more information visit to www.upsc.gov.in
19th September 2011, 11:48 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

NDA examination is conducted by the UPSC to admission in Army,Naval Wing and Air Force Wing of NDA.

To apply for the Air Force wing and Naval wing of NDA a candidate must has passed in class 12th examination with subjects combination Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.
For Army the candidate must be a class 12th pass in any stream.

The age limit criteria for the examination is that the candidate must be between 16.5 years to 19 years of age.

As you are from commerce background you can apply for the army.

Best Wishes....
20th September 2011, 12:28 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Am I eligible for NDA Exam having completed 10+2 in Commerce without Mathematics?

Quote:
Hey friend,

Details of NDA:

To your information NDA is one of the defence service exam and this exam is being carried out by UPSC and is held every year.

This exam is held twice in a year namely as NDA I and NDA II.

To write this exam you need to satisfy the eligibility criteria which is framed for NDA so that you can apply for this exam and they may include:

> Candidate must have a citizenship in India.

> Candidate must have a age limit of 16 1/2-19 years i.e candidate should have born after 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st January 1996.

> Candidate must strictly be a unmarried male candidate.

> Candidate must have completed their +2 from a recognized board of school education with a fair percentage.

> Candidate should seek that they are physically fit while appearing for the NDA exam as it is a important standard.

As you have said that you have completed +2 and have completed it in 2008,you better check the above criteria for knowing whether you are eligible or not.

For more information regarding the NDA exam you can check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st September 2011, 03:42 AM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

Yes,you are eligible for NDA.The candidate should be pass 12th standard from any discipline to appear in this examination.And the age should be within 18 to 28 to fill up the form of NDA examination.

So best of luck.
23rd September 2011, 05:58 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
NDA is conducted by the UPSC for the admission in the Indian Army, Indian Navy and Air Force wing.
It is conducted twice in every year, once in the month of April and the other in the month of August.
Following is the eligibility criteria to appear in the exam:-
1. You should have passed 12th examination in any stream.
The 12th board exam appearing students are also eligible to apply for the examination.
2. Your age must be within 16.5 to 19years at the time of appearing in the examination.
Therefore you are eligible only for the Army wing of the NDA.
For more information visit the website:-
http://www.upsc.gov.in
All the best.....
25th September 2011, 06:51 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

sorry to say but you are not eligible for appear in this exam NDA , conducted by UPSC twice times every year.
as mathematics is the core subject of NDA . hence you can not apply...
but After graduation you can apply for CDS examination. for military wing of indian army.
For more information visit the website:-
http://www.upsc.gov.in
All the best..
26th September 2011, 02:27 AM
saurabh abhijeet

hello dear,

national defence academy(NDA) exam is conducted by UPSC twice in
a year, the eligibility criteria for this is;

-a candidate must be 12th with minimum 60% marks in PCM stream

-candidate's age should be between 16.5-19

as you are a commerce student so you are not eligible for NDA but if
you want to be a part of defence then after your graduation you can
apply for CDS exam...
7th October 2011, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA Exam having completed 10 2 in Commerce without Mathematics?

i am a fybcom student...am i eligible for the exam.....
23rd December 2011, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA Exam having completed 10 2 in Commerce without Mathematics?

PLS PLS TELL ME IF I AM STUDENT OF COMMERCE & I AM GIRL
SO SHOULD I TAKE IN COMMERCE BRANCH & THATN BEST FOR ME
PLS REPLY HURRUP UP
27th January 2012, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NDA Exam having completed 10 2 in Commerce without Mathematics?
27th January 2012, 05:09 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

You will be eligible if you fulfill the following criteria.

Eligibility criteria For Army Wing of NDA:-

Candidate must be 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

Other criteria:

1. The candidate should be between 16-1/2 to 19 years of age

2. Your marital status should be single.

3. You should be a citizen of India.

4. The candidate should be MALE.

So if you fulfil the criteria, you are eligible for NDA.

As far as educational criteria is concerned, you are eligible. But i am not sure about the age criteria. You have not mentioned your age. If your age is between 16 1/2 and 19 years, then only you will be eligible.

If you are eligible, then apply online here.

The last date of application is 30.1.2012.

For more information, visit, http://upsc.gov.in/
3rd February 2012, 10:30 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

NDA is stand for National Defence Academy.NDA exam exam is conducted by UPSC in twice time in a year.

You are from commerce department so you are not eligible for NDA exam .You are eligible for only Indian Army (NDA) exam.

>>Academic qualification :You must passed your 12th standard examination.Your 12th subject must be Maths and Physics.

>>Your 12th percentage must be above 60%.

>>Age criteria :Your age should be within 16.5 to 19 years.

>>Nationality :You must be an Indian

>>Only Unmarried candidate are eligible for NDA exam

>>Yes , there is negative marking.(.25 is deduct for wrong answer)

EXAM PATTERN:-

EXAM DATE FOR NDA I EXAM:-
  • Date of commencement of notification : 31-12-2011
  • Last date to receive completed application forms : 30-01-2012
  • Date of NDA I Exam : 15-04-2012

EXAM DATE FOR NDA II EXAM:-

• Date of commencement of notification : 05-05-2012
  • Last date for the receipt of completed application forms : 04-06-2012
  • Date of NDA II Exam : 19-08-2012
I have attached the NDA notification and NDA PHYSICAL criteria .So please check it out.

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in
5th February 2012, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

am i elligible for the nda exam and i passed 12th with commerce without math and i got 45 percent in 12.
27th February 2012, 04:57 PM
pulsarman

HI DEAR,

Yes you are eligible for NDA exam.

Educational Qualification:-
12th pass examination with any stream. The 12th board exam appearing student are also eligible to apply for the NDA examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years at the time of appearing of this examination.

ok
best of luck
27th February 2012, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Which are subject for NDA exam to commerce student?
10th March 2012, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

as i am a commerce student what subjects i should prepare for giving nda written examination?
24th March 2012, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

hello , iam from commerce stream and iam keen interested in joining nda exam so what type of question will be asked or what should we prepae to give this exam
22nd July 2013, 02:16 AM
facebook singh.com

Dear sir,
Am i eligible for NDA exam as i have taken commerce with computer in class 11th.So please can you tell me that am i eligible. Please tell me how to fill form and when to fill the form.You can mail on my id([email protected])
22nd July 2013, 04:05 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by facebook singh.com View Post
Dear sir,
Am i eligible for NDA exam as i have taken commerce with computer in class 11th.So please can you tell me that am i eligible. Please tell me how to fill form and when to fill the form.You can mail on my id([email protected])

YES, you are eligible to apply for the NDA exams

You can apply for this exams when you are in class 12th

Since you have taken commerce in class 11th you can only apply for the Army wing

Eligibility to apply

Education:

Indian Army- 12th class or Intermediate Pass in any stream
Indian Airforce and Indian Navy Wing- 12th class or Intermediate Pass.In class 12th you should have studied the subjects Physics and Maths.

Age-
Minimum 16.5 years
Maximum 19 years
No age relaxations is given to any candidates who apply for the NDA exams

Next NDA exams would be held in April 2014

Only Candidates born between 2nd January 1996 to 1st July 1998 can apply for these exams

Male candidates are only allowed to apply for the NDA exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?