15th May 2012, 11:35 AM
krishna mohan kollipara

Am I eligible for B.Com computers with 10th class qualification? When is the entrance test held?

Sir, I want to join B.Com computers. May I eleigible for B.Com computers with 10th class qualification? Will have to write entrance test? when the entrance test held in 2012-2013

27th August 2012, 10:16 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for B.Com computers with 10th class qualification? When is the entrance test held?

I am extremely. sorry to say that with class 10 pass qualification you will not be able to pursue any bachelor degree program. To be eligible for bachelor of commerce you will have to pass class 12 from a recognized school/board. You will not be able to apply for the entrance exam as well until you have appeared in class 12 exam or qualified it.
28th August 2012, 08:17 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for B.Com computers with 10th class qualification? When is the entrance test held?

You can not pursue B.Com after completing 10th. You need qualification of at least 12th pass before you can apply for any graduation course in India. Therefore my recommendation for you would be to continue studying and get as good marks as possible in the 12th board.

You would need good marks in 12th to get admission for B.Com course. The cut off list of Delhi University has been criticised for having unbelievably high percentage like 98 or 99 percent.

There are some universities that conducts entrance exam for the B.Com course. However these universities too require minimum qualification of 12th pass to apply for the B.Com course.

After completing B.Com you would have wide range of options. Perhaps the most preferred courses after B.Com are MBA and MCA.

I have seen a lot of people pursuing MBA after B.Com. MBA stands for Master in Business Administration. Generally B.Com students prefers completing MBA in Finance which helps them get good job in the Banking industry.

To get admission for MBA, you would require to appear in entrance exam. The most popular among all MBA entrance exams is Common Admission Test (CAT) which would give you entry in the Indian Institute of Management (IIM). The requirements of CAT are:

1. Graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university.

2. At least 50 percent marks in graduation course.

3. SC/ST candidates require 45 percent marks.

Other option is Management Aptitude Test (MAT). Since it has no percentage criteria, anyone with a graduation degree can appear for the MAT exam.

To apply for MCA course, you need to have Maths or Statistics as one of the subjects in 12th standard. Master of Computer Applications is the course related to softwares, programming languages, networking etc. If you have interest in IT field than after B.Com, MCA is a good option for you.

You need at least 50 to 60 percent marks in B.Com to appear for the MCA entrance exams. There are several entrance exams for MCA, several of them are conducted by the universities separately.

You would also have the option of doing CA or CS course which are also in huge demand. But before all that, you first need to complete Class 12th and get good percentage to get admission in good college for the B.Com course.
28th August 2012, 09:45 AM
nlegend
Member+

Hello friend,

Sorry but you are not eligible for B.com Computers after clearing 10th for becoming eligible for Bcom you will have to clear 12th.

So you should focus now on 12th rather than on graduation as good marks in 12th would enable you admission in good college for subjects of your choice.

So prepare well for 12th & get good marks.

Best of Luck
28th August 2012, 05:05 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna mohan kollipara View Post
Sir, I want to join B.Com computers. May I eleigible for B.Com computers with 10th class qualification? Will have to write entrance test? when the entrance test held in 2012-2013
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for B.Com after passing 10th.

Friend B.Com is graduation course for graduation you have to pass 11th and 12th with commerce stream.

After passing 11th and 12th with commerce with minimum 60% marks then you can apply for some good commerce college in India.

Some top college college in India:-
Loyola College, Chennai

St Xavier's College, Kolkata

St Xaviers College, Ahmedabad

St Stephens College, Delhi

University Enclave, Delhi

St Xavier's College, Mumbai

Madras Christian College (MCC), Chennai

Madras Christian College

Presidency College, Chennai

ALL THE BEST!
4th March 2014, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible to do b.com(computer science) after completing 12 th in science streem (computer,maths,physics)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?