17th August 2012, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for B. Level from NIELIT? Can I apply for GATE exam?

i am doing 'B' level from NIELIT ,can i apply for gate exam and i am eligible for M'tech

Related Questions:
17th August 2012, 12:53 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for B. Level from NIELIT? Can I apply for GATE exam?

NIELIT stands for the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology. The B level degree you are talking about is equivalent to Master in Computer Applications degree.

There is lots of confusion surrounding the DOEACC or NIELIT as it is known today, B Level Degee. Can students who have completed B Level course are eligible for GATE Entrance exam.

The answer is yes, such students can appear for GATE Entrance exam since IIT has allowed such students to appear several years ago. But please remeber that is only allowed for candidates who have B Level degree which is equivalent to MCA course.

Its not only GATE but such candidates can also appear in CAT exam and get admission in top IIMs in the country. The IIMs also accept B-Level qualifies and allows them to appear in Common Admission Test.

A lot of people don't know but candidates who have completed M.Sc and MCA are eligible to appear in GATE exam for M.Tech course. The common perception is that you need to complete B.Tech/BE for admission in M.Tech which is inaccurate.

What this means is that you can appear for the GATE entrance exam and apply for the M.Tech course. Depending on your performance who knows you may even get admission in the IITs. However the procedure to get admission in IIT is not easy.

There have been times when candidates who have performed super well in GATE have failed to get admission in IIT. The procedure of admission in IIT is different from other engineering colleges. Those who are called up for admission in IIT have to first give a written test followed by group discussion and interview. Then only candidates are selected for IITs.

Therefore even if you have performed well in GATE exam, make sure to apply in as many IITs as possible to increase your chances.
19th November 2012, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.Sc(Computer Science) from Nagarjuna University.Is it equivalent to B.Tech
3rd December 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

i am a level qualifide.what i can do mca plese tell me
27th February 2014, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I am doing b level from doeacc can i appear in ugc net or gate exam
18th April 2014, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

i wanna take admission in b leve software after complition b.a.
is it possible?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?