2nd June 2012, 10:49 AM
Purushottamsangramsingh

Am I eligible to give CDS Exam for IMA being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Sc and with a date of birth 16-05-1989?

Sir ,
I am a student in final yr. Of bsc and my age is now 23 yrs. Sir my dob is 16/5/1989 . Do I am eligible for giving the cds exam for ima .

3rd June 2012, 04:04 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to give CDS Exam for IMA being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Sc and with a date of birth 16-05-1989?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purushottamsangramsingh View Post
Sir ,
I am a student in final yr. Of bsc and my age is now 23 yrs. Sir my dob is 16/5/1989 . Do I am eligible for giving the cds exam for ima .
Yes you are eligible to apply for the combined defence service examination. The combined defence service examination is conducted 2 times in a year by the union public service commission. This examination is conducted for the selection of candidate as an officer in Indian Air force, Army and Navy. The eligibility required for the combined defence service examination is given below:

Education Qualification
Candidate applying for the combined defence service examination should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the combined defence service examination.
Candidate applying for the Indian Air force and Navy should have physics and maths at 10+2.

Age Limit
Indian Military Academy 18-24 Years
Air Force Academy 19-25Years
Naval Academy 19-22 Years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 Years

Exam pattern

For more information on combined defence service examination you can also visit at the below given web site:
www.upsc.gov.in
3rd June 2012, 05:30 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give CDS Exam for IMA being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Sc and with a date of birth 16-05-1989?

Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for IMA of CDS while pursing final B.Sc. with a date of birth of 16.05.1989.

CDS- COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC two times every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The aspiring candidate applying for IMA(Indian Military Academy) of CDS must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical and Mental health.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd June 2012, 07:13 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give CDS Exam for IMA being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Sc and with a date of birth 16-05-1989?

Hai,

Yeah you are eligible for Indian Military Academy(IMA) through CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam.

CDS exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) two times in a year i.e

CDS-I,

CDS-II.

Eligibility criteria:

The candidate should be complete graduation in any stream from a recognised university.

Percentage is not required for this exam.

Final year candidate should also be eligible.

Candidate must be a citizen of india.

Age criteria:

Naval academy-->19 years to 22 years,

Airforce academy-->19 years to 23 years,

Indian military academy-->19 years to 24 years,

Officer training academy-->19 years to 25 years.

Selection procedure:

Written test,

Interview,

Medical test.

Written test pattern and marks:

English-100marks,

General knowledge-100marks,

Elementary mathematics-100marks.

Total marks:300 marks.

For more details visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
3rd June 2012, 08:13 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir ,

Yes for CDS 2012 for IMA only those candidates are eligible who are born between 2nd January, 1988 and 1st January, 1994 only are eligible. So as far as age is considered you are eligible for this. But the candidate should be unmarried male only.
But remember that this should be your age on papers like matriculation certificates as you will have to submit these also.

Other important eligibility factors are that the candidates must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.

Educational qualification required for I.M.A is a degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
Those who are yet to appear in the final exam of their degree can also appear in the exam but will have to submit the proof of passing the degree on or before 13 November Otherwise their candidature will be cancelled fir IMA
4th June 2012, 12:48 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sir ,

yes you are applicable for CDS exam .

CDS means Combined Defence Service exam which is conduct twice time in a year through SSB.

UPSC conduct CDS exam .IMA department is a part of CDS exam so if you have cleared the CDS exam then you are applicable for IMA exam.

CDS Educational Qualifications :

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy : Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. ( with Physics or Mathematics ) for NCC entry.

3. For Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized University ( with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level ) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Age-limits:

19-24 Years Indian Military Academy
19-22 Years Naval Academy
19-23 Years Air Force Academy
19-25 Years Officers’ Training Academy

PATTERN FOR CDS EXAM:

PHYSICAL CRITERIA FOR CDS EXAM

BEST BOOKS FOR CDS EXAM

C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2012

• Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 02.06.2012/02.07.2012
  • Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 16.09.2012
4th June 2012, 01:00 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sir ,

Yes, You are Eligible to Join IMA After completing Your Graduate degree course OR When you are Pursuing your Final Year Degree course.

If your aim is to Join Indian Military Academy (IMA), Then for this you have to apply for CDS Examination.

CDS Stands for Combined Defense Services examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC Twice in a year, To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University. Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.

To apply for IMA, Your age should between 19 To 24 Years, No Upper age relaxation is applicable in CDS Examination for any Categories Candidates.

If you are Interested in IMA, Then please apply for CDS Examination Soon.

The Notification of CDS (I) 2012 Examination was already Updated in the Official Website and the Online Registration Process was already Started and the last date of apply for CDS Examination 28/Nov/2011.

The examination will be held on 12/Feb/2012.

So, If you are Interested then please Fill the CDS Examination Application Form Soon Before the Last date, You can fill the Online application form Only Because No Other Mode of application should be Accepted.

So, please visit the official website for complete Information about CDS Examination :

4th June 2012, 01:10 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

yes you are eligible for the CDS exam after pursuing B.sc final year.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. This exam conducted by the upsc twice in a year.

i.e, CDS-I and CDS-II

CDS has three wings

Indian Military Academy

Navy

Indian Air force

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

The candidate must have completed the graduation from any recognized university.

There is no minimum percentage required to eligible this exam.

The final pursuing candidates are also eligible.

The indian air force and navy mathematics physics and chemistry are the compulsory subjects are candidate need.

AGE LIMIT:

IMA:

the candidate age limit should be between 19 to 24 years.

Navy:

the candidate age limit is 19 to 23 years.

Air force:

the candidate age limit is 19 to 24 years.

There is no age relaxation for the any other categories.

Nationality:

the candidate should be citizen of india.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

Girls are not eligible for this exam.

Physical standards:

The candidate should be physically fit for this exam.

Selection Process:

written test

interview

medical test

for more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
4th June 2012, 01:29 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Combined defence service examination is conducted twice in a year. This examination is conducted by the UPSC. To apply for this examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Education Qualification

For the CDS exam candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the
recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Age Limit

For the CDS exam candidate age should be like this
For IMA 19 - 24 years
For NA 19 - 22 years
For AFA 19 - 23 years
For OTA 19 - 25 years

For more information on CDS examination visit at the UPSC web site
www.upsc.gov.in

27th January 2013, 11:54 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Sir ,
Yes Off Course your eligible for CDS Entrance Examination for Indian Army Academy .. The candidate age who less than 24 years are eligible for Indian Army Academy ..

Your Now Final year candidate of Bachelor degree and Final year candidate are eligible for CDS Entrance Examination ..

So, there is no issue with your educational qualification and age limit ..

CDS ( ie :- Combined Defense Services ) and this examination is conducted by UPSC Twice in a year

To appear in this Examination than , you have to Finished your Bachelor degree course in any discipline form a recognised University.

Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination. Any Specialization canddiates are eligible to appear in this Examination .

Your age should Minimum 19 years to 24 Years and No Upper age relaxation is applicable any category candidates .

Marital Status :- You should be Unmarried Male

Physical Standard :- You should be Physically as well as Medically Fit ie:- Eyesigh / Weight and Heigh Etc..

Important :- There is No Percentage Issue in this Examination , So Please don't After Completing graduation Course your eligible to apply for CDS Examination .

:::: CDS Examination Pattern ::::

::: Physical Standards :::

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?