18th April 2012, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Can a dropper for JEE give GATE exam?

I want 2 drop a year for iitjee, as i have wasted my jee 2012.1st year was complete waste, though 12th board exam went well. But the pattern of jee has vastly changed.I've always dreamt of doing my B.Tech and M.Tech in institutes like IIT or IISc but not NIT.

Please give suggestions in this regard, I'm in dillema!!

Can a dropper for jee give GATE exam ?

19th April 2012, 10:10 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can a dropper for JEE give GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want 2 drop a year for iitjee, as i have wasted my jee 2012.1st year was complete waste, though 12th board exam went well. But the pattern of jee has vastly changed.I've always dreamt of doing my B.Tech and M.Tech in institutes like IIT or IISc but not NIT.

Please give suggestions in this regard, I'm in dillema!!

Can a dropper for jee give GATE exam ?

First of all let me clear your dilemma..even if you drop for preparations of IIT JEE then also you are eligible for appearing for the GATE Exam for your M.Tech..

There is no limit to the number of attempts a candidate can make for appearing in GATE neither there is any age bar for the GATE Exam..

Now, let me tell you something regarding your career..

You don't have to be completely stubborn as to if you can't get into an IIT then you won't be doing your B.Tech from anywhere else..

Its a really good thing that you are passionate about making it to the Indian Institute of Technology (the most revered engineering college in India) but that doesn't mean that if you don't make it there then you will ruin your career..

Its good to be passionate about something but think in broad reality..

God forbid but if you are not able to make it to the IITs then instead of ruining your career..you can settle out with the 2nd best (NITs)

Not everyone gets a chance like this so use it judiciously..

all the very best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
2nd May 2014, 06:08 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can a dropper for JEE give GATE exam?

I am appearing in class 12 and i decided to take a drop after 12 for IIT exam. Then how many time would i be eigible to give iit exam??
12th September 2022, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

You can give jee advanced 2 times 1st time completing year of 12th exam and 2nd time next year completed of 12th exam note 1st and 2nd year are consequently ( 1st and 2nd year me gap nhi hona chaiye ) .%uD83D%uDC4D
29th November 2022, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Can a second dropper give jee advanced in 2024 if in 12th(2022) he would not clear the cut off for jee advanced ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?