11th January 2012, 10:18 PM
mahendar.a

Can I be eligible for SET or NET after completing MCA?

sir, i completed mca . i want to become degree lecturer in govt.degree college. can i eligible for set or net. may i eligible for appsc degree lecturer post.may i appear for appsc degree lecturer recruitment with persuiding mca degree.
please send me the answer.
thaning you sir

5th June 2012, 12:50 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for SET or NET after completing MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahendar.a View Post
sir, i completed mca . i want to become degree lecturer in govt.degree college. can i eligible for set or net. may i eligible for appsc degree lecturer post.may i appear for appsc degree lecturer recruitment with persuiding mca degree.
thaning you sir
Yes, You are eligible for NET/SET Examination after completing your MCA Course. To apply for NET/SET Examination, you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% Marks. If you have scored less than 55% marks in your post graduation then you are not eligible for NET/SET Examination.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for NET/SET Examination.

There is no upper age restriction to apply for Lectureship Post, But for Junior Research Fellowship post your age should not be more than 28 years.

The Notification of NET/SET Examination will be Published twice in a year and you have to fill the application form online Only.

You have to choose the subjects in NET/SET Examination on the basis of your post graduation. The syllabus and Previous year papers is available in the official website, Please visit the official website and download the syllabus and keep practice regularly and for more details check official website.
5th June 2012, 01:01 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

To sit for NET/SET exam 55% marks at the post graduation level is required.

Candidates who have secured 54.99% marks or below will not be eligible.

There is no upper age limit for candidates appearing only for eligibility for lectureship.

Junior Research Fellowship should not be more than 28 years of age.

So for more information please log onto this website:- www.upsc.gov.in
5th August 2012, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

Is Sikim Monipal University certificate granted for SET/NET exam?
4th January 2013, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

When is the next notification expected
18th January 2013, 11:06 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When is the next notification expected
Next Notification for the UGC-NET is expected to be released in March 2013

Notification will be released on the website of UGC www.ugcnetonline.in

There are 94 subjects in which candidates can give the UGC NET exams.

But candidates are advised to give the NET exams in the subject in which they have done their post graduation.

Below is the minimum eligibilty to appear in this Test:

Post Graduation pass with Minimum 55% marks for General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for SC/ST candidates

Scheme of the UGC TEST:
Paper 1 - 100 Marks 50 questions of two marks each
Paper 2 - 100 Marks 50 questions of two marks each
Paper 3 - 150 Marks 75 questions of two marks each
14th August 2013, 05:35 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

You can be eligible for the NET/SET Exam only if you have completed MCA from any UGC recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks.

The Acronym "NET" stands for National Eligibility Test. This Test is conducted twice every year by the University Grants Commission.

The National Eligibility Test is conducted twice in the year in the months of June and December.

This Test is conducted for the purpose of selection of candidates for the following posts :

* Lecturer

* Junior Research fellowship

The Qualifications Required for NET exam are :

** The candidate must hold a Master`s Degree in any stream from any UGC recognized university.

** The candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in post graduation.

** Relaxation of 5% marks is given to SC/ST Candidates.

** No Relaxation in marks is given to OBC Candidates.

** Final year Post Graduation candidates can also apply.

** The Candidate must have Indian Nationality.

** There is no age limit for the Lecturer post.

** The Age limit for the JRF post :

a) For General candidates : 21-28 years

b) For OBC Candidates : 21-31 years

c) For SC/ST Candidates : 21-33 years

The Pattern of the NET Exam :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
14th August 2013, 11:25 PM
john215

Re: Can I be eligible for SET or NET after completing MCA?

Hi friend,

Yes, You are eligible for NET/SET Examination after completing your MCA Course. To apply for NET/SET Examination, you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% Marks. If you have scored less than 55% marks in your post graduation then you are not eligible for NET/SET Examination.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for NET/SET Examination.

There is no upper age restriction to apply for Lectureship Post, But for Junior Research Fellowship post your age should not be more than 28 years.

The Notification of NET/SET Examination will be Published twice in a year and you have to fill the application form online Only.

Thanks!!!
all the best................
15th August 2013, 01:38 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..........

NET means National Eligibility Test while SET stands for State Eligibility Test. There is very little difference between the two exams.

National Eligibility Test is conducted by University Grants Commission for the central government colleges while State Eligibility Test is responsibility of each state to conduct for its colleges.

The requirement for both exams remains the same. After clearing NET you can apply for lectureship in central government colleges while after clearing SET, you can apply for job in the very state where you appeared for exam.

For example if you appeared for Gujarat SET then you can apply for lectureship in Gujarat's colleges. Apart from the college lectureship both these exams are also conducted for the Junior Research Fellowship.

Eligibility

Any citizen of India can apply for these exams.

You must be post graduation degree holder.

Need to secure 55 percent marks in master's degree.

Relaxation of 5 percent marks for SC/ST.

You are free to apply even during final year of post graduation.

Final year candidates will have to submit degree in 2 years.

Subject will depend on your master's degree.

Age limit for JRF is 28 years (General).

31 year is the limit for OBC.

The age limit for SC/ST interested in appearing for JRF is 33 years.

There is lower age limit of 19 years for lectureship.

There is no upper age limit.

Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship (SET)

Eligibility Criteria

The candidates must have Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

The candidates other than SC/ST category who have secured atleast 55% marks (without grace) in Master's Degree or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test. SC/ST/PH/VH (PH-Physically Handicapped. VH-Visually Handicapped i.e. Blind) category candidates who have secured atleast 50% marks(without grace) in Master's Degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.

Those candidates who have secured even 54.99% marks or below (even 49.99% Marks or below for SC/ST/PH/VH candidates) in Master's Degree examination are NOT eligible for this test.

Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying master's degree examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible to apply for Lectureship only after they have passed their Master's Degree examination or equivalent examination with atleast 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates) These candidates must submit their P.G. Marksheet within two years from the date of declaration of result of the SET examination.

Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master's Degree cannot appear for this test.

M.C.M. students are not allowed to appear for SET Examination.

Candidates who have completed Ph.D. and had passed Master's Degree prior to 19th September, 1991 with at least 50% marks (without grace marks as explained above) are also eligible to appear for SET examination.

Candidates have to appear for SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only.

Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. Their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility condition with reference to the documents enclosed with their application or as may be called for.

There is no upper age limit.

The candidates who have passed M.Sc.( by Research) are not eligible to appear for the SET Exam. As per the U.G.C. Rules.

The SET agency will not issue any marksheet to qualified/not-qualified candidate. Also no revaluations of papers are allowed for SET Examination. The SET agency will issue certificate to qualifying candidates only.

All the best...........
15th August 2013, 05:00 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I be eligible for SET or NET after completing MCA?

Quote:
thaning you sir

Eligibility To Fill NET Forms

the state eligibility test (SET) or the National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted for lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship..

Eligibility Requirements :-

1) You should have completed your post graduation with an aggregate of 55% where all subjects of post graduation are included..

2) If you are an SC/ST candidate then there is a relaxation of 5% in the minimum percentage requirement..

3) Age of candidates who are willing to apply for JRF has to be less than 28 years..

You are definitely eligible for appearing in NET or SET provided you have secured at least 55% in your MCA..

I have also attached a few past MCA question papers for your help..

You can also visit http://ugcnetonline.in in case of any further queries..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IIT JAM CA 2012.pdf(169.1 KB, 207 views)
File Type: pdf IIT JAM CA 2011.pdf(138.4 KB, 118 views)
File Type: pdf IIT JAM CA 2010.pdf(359.3 KB, 97 views)
15th August 2013, 12:30 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
thaning you sir
Yes,you can apply for UGC-NET Exam/State Teacher Eligibility Test.As because you have completed your Post Graduation in computer Application you will mostly get jobs in Engineering Colleges as a lecturer/permanent faculty.

To apply for UGC-NET/SET Exam you should have a minimum marks of 55%(For General/OBC category) and 50%(For SC/ST category).

For applying to UGC-NET/SET Exam you should first register yourself by going to UGC-NET Official website.Its official website is www.ugcnetonline.in

To apply for APPSC Lecturer post you should have a valid score card of UGC-NET of current year.You will only able to get the score card of UGC-NET if your ranking comes under top 15%.

Details for APPSC Lecturer post :
  • You should be passed out in MCA from recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks.
  • Marks relaxation of 5% will be given to the SC and ST candidates.
  • You do not have any back paper of previous semesters.
  • You Grade in each paper of MCA should be either A/B and should not be C/D.
How to apply :
  1. You have to login to the website www.apspsc.gov.in and enter your valid user name and password.
  2. Apply for the given post by entering your details.
  3. Make print out of the Bank challan and make payment through any SBI Bank branch.
  4. Go for registration for part II by entering the payment details.
  5. Upload your Photo and signature.
  6. Make print our of the Registration slip and after that you can appear in Written exam on exam date.
15th August 2013, 01:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for NET if you have MCA qualification provided you fulfill the percentage criteria for it.

55% marks is the minimum marks required for NET exam and if you have 55% in MCA then surely you can apply for NET.

SC/ST/PWD category candidates get 5% relaxation in marks. Thus they need only 50% marks for becoming eligible for NET.

Age in not the problem for lecturership but if you want JRF then you must be below 28 years of age. Relaxation in age is given to reserved category candidates.

Exam Pattern:

So be prepared for the exam if you find yourself eligible for it.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
15th August 2013, 04:06 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Any candidate with post graduation degree is eligible for the National Eligibility Test. Same is the case for State Eligibility Test. It is important to know that while SET is conducted by each state separately, the criteria remains the same as National Eligibility Test.

Master of Computer Application is a valid course to apply for the National Eligiblity Test. However you must have completed it from a recognized college. Your college should be recognized by the University Grants Commission.

I must tell you that having MCA degree alone is not enough to appear for the National Eligibility Test. You will still have to meet certain requirements including for the percentage to appear for the National Eligibility Test.

NET Eligibility

1. Nationality: Only Indians are eligible for NET.

2. Qualification: Master's degree from recognized college.

3. Marks: No less than 55 percent.

4. Relaxation: 5% for SC/ST but not for OBC.

5. Final year candidates can also apply for this exam.

6. But such candidates are required to submit degree in 2 years.

7. Subject: Computer Science and Application will be the subject for you.

8. Age Limit: 19 years to 28 years for JRF.

9. OBC Relaxation: 3 years in upper age limit.

10. SC/ST Relaxation: 5 years in upper age limit.

11. Lectureship: There is no upper age limit.

12. Attempts: No limit for all category candidates.
15th August 2013, 06:51 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
thaning you sir

Hi,

You can become a degree lecturer in a government degree college, only if you pass NET /SET.

NET - National Eligibility Test

SET - State Eligibility Test

Once you qualify NET or SET, you can apply for lecturership.

NET is a national level exam while SET is a state level exam.

Eligibility for NET / SET ~~

You should be a post graduate from a UGC recognized college.

You should have scored 55% marks in PG, 50% marks for SC/ST category.

There is no age limit for lecturer post.

For Junior Research Fellowship post, maximum age should be 28 years.

Pattern of NET exam ~~

Click image for larger version

Name:	NET pattern.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	144416
16th August 2013, 12:16 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
thaning you sir

Dear Aspirant,

Since, you have completed your MCA then Yes, you are eligible for the NET exam because the only Educational Qualification require is a candidate should have completed at least their Post Graduation OR Master Degree....

You have dine it in the field of Master of Computer Application then YES, you can surely applicable for applying this exam.....

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test and SET State Eligibility Test.

NET is conducted by the UGC twice time in the year whereas SET is conducted by the State Government...

Recruit for two post:
  1. JRF and
  2. Lectureship

Eligibility and Criteria for NET SET exam:-

A candidate must have secured at least 55% in their Graduation degree.

The Relaxation on the Percentages is applicable up to 5% Relax for Reserved category students......

A candidate who are wishing to apply for the JRF Post then the age of candidate should be at least 19 years old.

And the upper age should not exist more than 28 years.

Relaxation applicable for Reserved category....

For OBC/SC/ST/PWD it is up to 5 year on upper age...

A candidate who are wishing to apply for the Lecturer post then don't worry about the age criteria because there is No any age Limit for this post....

Best Books for NET SET exam:-

UGC-NET/SET Mass Communication and Journalism Guide (Paper 2 and 3) 1st Edition
Author: Arvind Mohan Dwivedi
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2010)
Rs. 285

UGC University Grants Commission NET / SET National Eligibility Test / State Eligibility Test (Paper - 1) 1st Edition

Author: TMH
Publisher: Tata McGraw Hills (2013)
Rs. 221

UGC-NET/SET Hindi Exam Guide (Paper 2 and 3) (Hindi) 1st Edition
Author: Pramod, Sudhir P Singh
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2012)
Rs. 446

UGC-NET/SET Mass Communication and Journalism Exam Guide (Paper 2 and 3) (Hindi)
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2013)
Rs. 278

All the best

With Regards....
DHARM
17th November 2016, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Sir, Are degree holders in MCA under Institutions affiliated to AICTE eligible for NET?
27th February 2017, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

I secured 68% in MCA but got 4 marks of grace in semester-II So Can i eligible for Maharashtra SET exam?
23rd December 2017, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I completed my MCA. I have to appear for SET exam. But there is no computer science subject in the subject list for exam. So how can apply for SET?
30th May 2018, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir I completed MCA ,set also qualified, iam eligible computer application post or computer science post or both
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?