20th January 2018, 03:22 PM
INZAMAM-UL-HAQ. Y

Am I eligible for CPT of ICAI after 10th? If yes, then how to register for CPT of ICAI?

I want to know how to register in ICAI after 10th standard. I think I'm eligible for CPT of ICAI after 10th. Is it correct? If yes, than please tell me how to take registration in this and what is the syllabus of CPT?

21st January 2018, 08:45 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CPT of ICAI after 10th? If yes, then how to register for CPT of ICAI?

The full form of ICAI is Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and CA is Chartered Accountancy course.

The first stage of CA course is Common Proficiency test. The minimum qualification to apply for CPT is 10+2. Board appearing candidates can also apply for CPT examination. CPT is conducted twice every year.

You can only register for CPT exam after 10th board exam at ICAI official website.
21st January 2018, 11:54 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CPT of ICAI after 10th? If yes, then how to register for CPT of ICAI?

You can appear for ICAI CPT exam after 12th standard.

As you have just passed 10th standard, so currently you cannot apply for ICAI CPT exam.

There will be 4 sections containing questions from following subjects.
  • Section A - Fundamentals of Accounting - 60 marks
  • Section B - Mercantile Law - 40 marks
  • Section C - General Economics - 50 marks
  • Section D - Quantitative Aptitude - 50 marks

CPT exam is conducted in two sessions and each session contains 2 sections to cover.

For exam preparation, you may refer books like:

CA-CPT - Video Lectures on Quantitative Aptitude: Mathematics with 4 DVDs + Statistics with 2 DVDs (English) (DVD)
Author: S K RATHI
Released: 2012
Publisher: TAXMANN ALLIED SERVICES PVT LTD
Price: Rs. 975

Quantitative Aptitude for CA - CPT with Multiple Choice Questions - 2014 : With 25 Model Test Papers (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Author: Dr. T. Padma ; K.P.C. Rao
Released: 2014
Publisher: Bharat Law House Pvt. Ltd.
Price: Rs. 450

Mercantile Laws for CA - CPT with Multiple Choice Questions - 2014 : With 25 Model Test Papers (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Author: Dr. T. Padma ; K.P.C. Rao
Released: 2014
Publisher: Bharat Law House Pvt. Ltd.
Price: Rs. 225
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?