20th January 2018, 09:08 PM
asna th

Which branch of Indian Army am I eligible for being a student of 12th from Commerce stream?

l am studying in 12th standard in Commerce stream and I'm from Kerala. Later on I want to a job the Indian Army. What should I do after completion of my 12th? Which branch of Indian Army Am I eligible for with Commerce stream? Which course or college to choose for preparation?

21st January 2018, 07:45 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which branch of Indian Army am I eligible for being a student of 12th from Commerce stream?

After 10+2, National Defence Academy entrance examination is conducted by UPSC for selection of candidates into different wings of Defence like:

Indian Army.

Indian Navy.

Indian Air Force.

Commerce stream candidates are eligible for Indian Army only because mathematics and physics are compulsory for Navy and Air Force. The age limit is 16.5 to 19.5 years for candidates of all category.

There is rule that only unmarried male Indian candidates can apply.
21st January 2018, 09:24 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which branch of Indian Army am I eligible for being a student of 12th from Commerce stream?

Having completed your Class 12th in Commerce stream you are eligible for joining any branch of Indian Army except the technical group for which you need to have completed your Class 12th in Science stream with PCM group.

Further as per your educational qualification, you are eligible for joining Indian Army as a commissioned officer through NDA ( National Defense Academy ) entrance examination as well as tradesmen, soldier, clerk etc. through their respective recruitment process.

For details regarding different entries in Indian Army you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
21st January 2018, 10:34 AM
NeptuneSpear

The only option left with you to join Indian Army is through CDS (Combined Defence Services) through UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) in OTA (Officers Training Academy).

- You need to complete your graduation first in order to apply to CDS Examination.

- After completion apply the form available on the website of www.upsc.gov.in under examination tab.

- You will get your admit card 10 days before the date of examination.

- Examination will be of 4 hours and 200 marks. 2 subjects will be there one is English language and second one is General Studies.

- You need to qualify both the subjects with around 80 marks to qualify for SSB (Service Selection Board) interview.

- SSB is a 5 day process where you will be judged from every aspect by the officers there. It will have three things i.e Psychology Test, Ground Task Operations, Interview.

- Your total marks in SSB and written examination will be taken into consideration for the merit subjected to your medical test.
21st January 2018, 11:39 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As you are saying that, you have completed 12th standard with commerce stream so on the basis of it, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination but you can apply for only Indian Army wing.
21st January 2018, 11:46 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Army as an officer or clerk after 12th.

To join as an officer you have to appear and qualify for NDA entrance examination which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The age limit to appear in the examination is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidate is eligible to appear for the examination.

The entrance examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB. The job will be allocated to you after the training, not on the basis of discipline in 12th.

To get more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in. If you want to join as Clerk you can visit at http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.

No special course is required to appear and qualify for examination. The syllabus is on the 12th std syllabus.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?