20th August 2011, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for CSIR NET exam after completing masters degree in Geography and scoring 54.06% in it?

I am compleat my master degree in geography & i have got 54.06%, & i am also in S.C catagori. can i eligible for appearing csir net examanation

20th August 2011, 11:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for CSIR NET exam after completing masters degree in Geography and scoring 54.06% in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am compleat my master degree in geography & i have got 54.06%, & i am also in S.C catagori. can i eligible for appearing csir net examanation
dear friend,

Candidates must be completed master degree in Humanities and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc.

Also your masters degree percentage should be above 55%.

Marks relaxation is there for only SC/ST/OBC/PH candidate.They must be score above 50%.

Final year candidate also eligible for NET exam.

The age criteria for Junior research fellowship is 19 to 28 years and for lectureship , There is no upper age limit.Minimum age is 19 years.

Your masters degree marks is 54.6% so you are not eligible for NET exam (lectureship) if you are belongs to SC/ST/OBC/PH candidate then you are eligible.

all the best
21st August 2011, 03:44 AM
keertipurwar
Junior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for CSIR NET exam after completing masters degree in Geography and scoring 54.06% in it?

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
M.Sc. or Equivalent degree under the subjects mentioned in para 3.1 above, with a minimum of 55% marks for General
& OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates; 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually handicapped candidates
th
and Ph.D. degree holders who had passed Master’s degree prior to 19 September 1991.
A candidate can also apply for the Test under RA (Result Awaited) category, if he/she is appearing
or has appeared in the final year (Last Semester where Semester system is there) of M.Sc. OR equivalent degree
examination during the Session (2011-2012). Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (given at
the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Deptt./Institute over his/her signature and
4rubber stamp (with address and name) from where the candidate is appearing OR has appeared in the final
year/Last semester of M.Sc. or equivalent degree examination. However, such candidates shall be admitted to the
Test provisionally. They shall be considered eligible for JRF-(NET)/LS-(NET), If they are able to produce the proof of
having passed the Master’s Degree examination in the relevant or related subject with the requisite percentage of marks
and within the stipulated time frame.
Students enrolled in Integrated MS-Ph.D Program are also eligible to apply for JRF in subject areas of NET. Their
eligibility for Lectureship will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC.
4th May 2012, 12:24 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

NET(National Eligibility Test) exam is conducted by the UGC twice in a year.

Eligibility criteria for Junior Research Fellowship:

Candidate should be complete master's degree with atleast 55% of marks from any recognised university.

Final year candidates alms eligible.

Citizen of india is must.

Age limits is 19years to 28years.

Eligibility criteria for Lecturship:

Candidate should be complete master's degree from any recognised university with atleast 55% of marks.

Final year candidates also eligible,.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

There is no maximum age limits and minimum age limit is 19years.

For more details visit

http://www.ugcnetonline.in

Your percentage is 54.06 so you are eligible for this exam.
19th July 2016, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

I have completed MSc in Geography. Could I eligible for CSIR NET exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?