31st October 2015, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do B.Tech in civil engineering after completion of diploma in civil engineering?

Am I eligible to do B.Tech in civil engineering after completion of diploma in civil engineering? Which college I can apply for and get the admission? Can someone please share me the complete steps which we need to follow for the same?

thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  2. Job opportunities for Diploma Civil Engineer? List of distance colleges which offer B.Tech program?
  3. How to do B.Tech in civil engineering after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  4. Can I do diploma in Civil engineering after 10th?
  5. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  6. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  7. Which course is better to take after completion ofdiploma in civil engineering
  8. Can I do B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Mechanical Engineering and four year work experience in the field of civil engineering?
  9. Can I do graduation in B.Arch after completion of diploma course in civil engineering?
  10. B.Tech in electrical engineering is possible after diploma in civil engineering?
  11. Colleges for distance B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Civil Engineering? Procedure to apply for admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I study M.E.(Civil Engineering) if completed B.Com and Civil Engineering Diploma course?
  13. Which institute is best for me in UP after completion of diploma in Civil Engineering? I want to do correspondence B.Tech in Civil Engg
  14. Which course can I do after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  15. Which course to opt for after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  16. Can I study B.Tech in Environmental Engineering if completed undergraduate in Civil Engineering?
  17. Am I eligible to get admission for LLB course after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  18. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
31st October 2015, 02:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Tech in civil engineering after completion of diploma in civil engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do B.Tech in civil engineering after completion of diploma in civil engineering? Which college I can apply for and get the admission? Can someone please share me the complete steps which we need to follow for the same?

thank you.
After completion of diploma in Civil Engineering, you are eligible B.Tech in Civil Engineering but you should qualify in lateral entry exam.

The eligibility qualification for the lateral entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy woth above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.
31st October 2015, 06:40 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Tech in civil engineering after completion of diploma in civil engineering?

Yes. You are eligible to do B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering.

Only thing you need to do, you should get through the respective Entrance Exam and get good score in the Exam. Then you will be given admission for 2nd year of Civil Engineering directly in the respective college.

As per the Entrance Exams, they will be differ from state to state and college to college.

There are some state wide Entrance Exams through which the candidates can get admission across various colleges of that state.

Again there are some colleges which will give admission for the candidates by considering score the specific Entrance Exams.

Some of the Entrance Exams are
JELET
LEET

So, what I suggest you is, choose the list of colleges in which you are willing to take admission.

Refer the official website of that college or just make a call and contact them to know the admission procedure. List out the admission procedure of those colleges.

Definitely there will be Entrance Exams to get admission in those colleges and apply for those Exams.

If you have time, join in a good coaching institute to take coaching for this Exam. Have good preparation for the Entrance Exams and crack it.

At the time of job opportunities also, preference will be given to those candidates who have completed B.Tech after diploma rather than those who joined B.Tech after 10+2.

Because Diploma people were in the field of Civil Engineering for 6 years - 3 years in Diploma course and another 3 years in the B.Tech course. So, companies believe that Diploma candidates are good in terms of subject knowledge.
31st October 2015, 08:48 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get the admission in the B.tech course after the 3 year diploma courses.

Since the eligibility to get the admission in the b.tech course after the diploma is candidates must have passed the diploma with above 60% aggregate.

The candidates have to qualify in the LEET examination conducted by the different state government. Candidates after qualifying in the examination are eligible to get the admission in the b.tech courses in the 2nd year.
31st October 2015, 09:19 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

After successful completion of Diploma you should give entrance exam to get admission in good colleges. And exam called " POLYCET " conducted in National wide.

Through this you will get admission in Top colleges for B.Tech. And also there is another option available for diploma candidates and that is exam conducted by state level examination.
31st October 2015, 10:17 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, diploma passed candidates are eligible to pursue the b.tech courses.

To purse the B.tech course the required eligibility is candidates must have passed the diploma from the recognised university with at least 60% aggregate. The candidates are eligible to join the B.tech courses directly in the 2nd year.

To get the admission the candidates have to qualify in the LEET examination conducted by the different university for the admission in their colleges or university.
1st November 2015, 01:57 PM
skhawking

Yes of course,
You have just to score a good 60% marks in your overall diploma examination.
Actually if you will be selected for B.Tech civil engg. Course then you will be directly get admission in B.Tech second year.Now the only thing that you need to do is to crack engg.entrance exams .
Best of luck for your selection!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?