19th April 2018, 08:50 PM

Am I eligible to do BCA after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Sir, l am Suresh, I have completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Now I'm planning to do BCA course. So, is it possible for me to do BCA since I'm from Mechanical Engineering background?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get a job in ISRO after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. What should I do after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  3. Can I study BCA being a Diploma Mechanical holder on 10th basis? How to study?
  4. Can I study Diploma in Civil Engineering being a BCA graduate?
  5. What can we do after completing diploma in mechanical?
  6. What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing BCA?
  7. What can we do after completing diploma in mechanical? Which course to take next?
  8. Can I pursue Aeronautical Engineering after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Can I get admission in Government Aeronautical college?
  9. Can I do BCA after diploma in mechanical?
  10. Am I eligible to become a Pilot after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Am I eligible to join Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  12. What should I do after completing diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Am I eligible to get a job after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Can I apply for Government job related to the field?
  14. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  15. Chances to study Diploma in Agriculture after completing Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  16. Am I eligible for B.Tech in manipal university after passing diploma mechanical engineering?
  17. Can I study BTech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. Am I eligible to join Navy after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
28th April 2018, 07:57 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do BCA after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

No, you are not eligible to do BCA course after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. To be eligible to pursue BCA course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics subject from a Government recognised board. Admissions in BCA course are done through merit basis of 12th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university. Since, you have passed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course, you have to pursue 12th standard with Non-Medical Science stream to be eligible to pursue BCA course.
29th April 2018, 07:34 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do BCA after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

BCA refers to Bachelor of Computer Application and same is an undergraduate degree course of three years with a very good career scope in software world.

The minimum education required for pursuing the same course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Further, few institutes do ask for Mathematics as a main subject at Class 12th level. Students, holding equivalent degree are also eligible for pursuing the same degree course.

So, being a diploma in mechanical engineering degree holder you are eligible for pursuing BCA degree as diploma in engineering course is a degree equivalent to higher secondary school degree.
29th April 2018, 10:17 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for BCA course is that candidate must have done 12th from a recognized board or its equivalent. Diploma in mechanical engineering is considered as equivalent to 12th from a recognized board.

Yes, you can apply for BCA course. You must have studied English in Diploma. Top BCA colleges take admission based on entrance test. Some colleges take admission based on percentage of marks in 12th.
30th April 2018, 02:55 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.

Eligibility criteria:

Academic qualification: Senior secondary board passed or its equivalent.

English must be a compulsory subject which a candidate should have studied.

Diploma in Mechanical Engineering candidate can apply for BCA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?