12th January 2015, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I do BCA after 12th in Arts stream? Can I apply for IBPS bank job?

Hi friends,

I'm Sumesh and I want to do BCA after 2.But the key thing is that some people told me that you can't do BCA in Arts stream cuz Mathematics is compulsory .But I have only studied IT not maths in 2 . I've a great interest in IT field so please help me can I go for BCA.

14th January 2015, 09:41 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BCA after 12th in Arts stream? Can I apply for IBPS bank job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi friends,

I'm Sumesh and I want to do BCA after 2.But the key thing is that some people told me that you can't do BCA in Arts stream cuz Mathematics is compulsory .But I have only studied IT not maths in 2 . I've a great interest in IT field so please help me can I go for BCA.
Yes, you are eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.

After completion of BCA degree from a recognized university you are eligible for IBPS PO and clerk exam.
14th January 2015, 03:21 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BCA after 12th in Arts stream? Can I apply for IBPS bank job?

Yes, you can do BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) after completion of 12th Arts without Mathematics as a subject. The basis eligibility criteria of any organization or institute is, "Candidates must have completed 12th class (10+2 Pattern) in any stream" with minimum of 50% of marks. So I can say that you are eligible to apply for BCA course after 12th arts. But still there are institutes/ organization which give admission to candidates who have pursued their 12th class with Mathematics as a subject. Such universities are Hamdard University, Andhra University, College of Business Studies, Madurai University. At a glance, I can say that eligibility depends on individual institutions since they conduct their own entrance examinations.

List of colleges which give admission to 12th arts (without Maths):

> Xavier Institute of Computer Application
> S. B. Commerce College
> St. Xavier College
> University College - Kurukshetra
> Future Institute of Management Studies
> BM College of Technology and Management
> BET College of Management and Science
> Doon Business School
> Gulbarga college of computer science
> Sri Siddhivinayaka BCA college
> Universal College Bangalore
> Daas College of Management and Technology
> Sambhram Academy of Management Studies

You can apply for IBPS Bank Jobs (Clerical cadre, Probationary Officers, SO's) only after completion of "Graduation". The minimum basic educational qualification required is Bachelor degree, so try to pursue BCA degree. Having BCA educational qualification, you are then eligible to appear for IBPS Bank Jobs.
11th April 2015, 12:57 PM
amanshrivastava98

There is a difference among the universities regarding the eligibility criteria of BCA.

Some of them say that the candidate should be passed 12th standard with Mathematics, and some say only 12th pass candidate is eligible for the same.

So, you are eligible for some of the universities and you just have to search them, and get the admission. You are eligible to pursue the course.
15th April 2015, 03:04 PM
Ashwakh

Yes , you can go for BCA degree after your 12th in Arts stream. You should complete graduation from any recognised university to apply for the ibps bank jobs. So , do your graduation from any recognised university.

After graduation , you can apply for the ibps bank clerk exam as well as sbi bank clerk exam.

For ibps bank clerk exam ,
~ Age shouldbe in between 20-28 years only , if you belong to general category
~ Age shouldbe in between 20-31 years , if you belong to OBC Category
~ Age shouldbe in between 20-33 years , if you belong to SC , ST category

Selection process:-
~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Preliminary exam
2) Main exam
3) Interview
20th April 2015, 03:45 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can do BCA after 12th in Arts stream.BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application. The general eligibility to apply for the BCA course is 10+2 level degree or equivalent with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.Most of the institution take admission on the basis of 12th exam marks but some reputed institutions conduct entrance exam for admission in BCA course.

To apply for IBPS job,you must have a graduation degree from a recognized university.

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. IBPS mainly conducts four exam every year.The exam is for the post of PO,SO,Clerical Cadre,RRBs
exam for recruitment of Office Assistants and Officers(Scale I,II,III).
The minimum qualification required for most of these exams is graduation degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?