27th July 2017, 02:32 PM

Am I eligible to do graduation course after 27 years of age?

Am I eligible to do graduation course after 27 years of age? I completed 10th and 12th standard then stopped studies but now I wanted to do the graduation, is it possible for me? Can you please guide me with the needed details on the same? Thank you!

30th July 2017, 09:42 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do graduation course after 27 years of age?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue bachelor or graduation course at 27 years of age.

The candidates passed 12th or equivalent course are eligible to get admission in bachelor degree after qualifying in entrance examination to get admission or after being in merit list.

There is no age limit to get admission in bachelor degree.

So, you must visit the official website of respective institute to get detail about admission procedure.
30th July 2017, 10:05 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

There is no upper age limit for pursuing bachelor's degree.

Students who are desirous of study can pursue bachelor's degree at any age. You can get admission in any of following university for admission in bachelor's degree.

1. Delhi University.

2. BR Ambedkar University.

3. Pune University.

4. Banaras Hindu University.

5. GGSIPU etc.
30th July 2017, 02:33 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue bachelor degree at 27 years of age. There is no upper age limit to get admission in UG or PG course as per UGC norms.

The minimum required qualification to get admission in bachelor degree is that candidate must have passed 12th or equivalent course from a recognised institute..
30th July 2017, 07:08 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to do graduation course after 27 years of age. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue Graduation course. For getting admission in some graduation courses, there will be maximum age limit. So, you need to check the eligibility criteria required for the course you are interested to pursue for taking admission in graduation course.
31st July 2017, 07:21 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue bachelor's degree at age of 27 years. The minimum qualification required for bachelor's degree:

>>Candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognized board with passing percentage of marks.

Graduation can be pursued either in regular or distance mode. Indira Gandhi National Open University is a recognized university to pursue bachelor's degree in distance mode. You can pursue bachelor's degree in regular mode from Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University etc.
31st July 2017, 08:30 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in graduation course after 27 years of age.

There is no upper age limit to get admission in graduation course. The candidates passed 12th/Diploma courses are eligible to get admission in course after satisfying all the criteria of admission.

So, you can approach to university or college in which you want to get admission for further detail regarding admission.
31st July 2017, 05:21 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

There are no age limit defined by Ministry of Human Resource Department or Directorate of Education for standards like 10th, 12th, bachelor's and master's degree.

Person who want to study are free to restart or start their education at any age. You can get admission in bachelor's degree in any university.

Admission will be based on your marks in 12th standard.
31st July 2017, 05:49 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in graduation course at the age of 27 years or even after.

As per UGC there is no minimum or maximum age limit to get admission in bachelor or master degree course.

So, you can visit official website of college/university to get detail about admission procedure in whichever course you want to get admission.
31st July 2017, 07:32 PM
narim.

Yes. You are eligible to do graduation course at the age of 27 years.

There is age eligibility for competitive exams but not for graduation courses.

You can do graduation in any course. Walk into the college for more details.

But you will face little problems for getting some jobs.

Because they ask why that gap for 12th and graduation.

Also there are some jobs they don't ask for gap.
31st July 2017, 08:01 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to do graduation degree even after being 27 years old. There is no age restriction in graduation degree in India. However, you may find some institutes which has age limitation for admission in graduation degree. My suggestion is that you shall avoid such institutes and go for open universities.
As you have planned to study at 27, so my suggestion is that, choose that stream in which you have experience or the stream in which imagine your bright career.
31st July 2017, 10:33 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Nothing to worry for as you are eligible to pursue graduation even at the age of 27 years.

There is no age limit to get admission in colleges in undergraduate courses.

So, you can take admission in course of your interest.
31st July 2017, 11:12 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Education has no restriction in India as well as in foreign except some competitive exams. Hence, you are eligible to pursue graduation course after being 27 years of age. It will be better to apply in regular mode of education rather than distance education. The basic logic behind this is that, you have many years of gap in education which definitely affected your gaining/understanding capacity. Initially you have to work hard but after 5- 6 months you will be the best to grasp the concepts quickly.
2nd August 2017, 04:26 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Am I eligible to do graduation course after 27 years of age? I completed 10th and 12th standard then stopped studies but now I wanted to do the graduation, is it possible for me? Can you please guide me with the needed details on the same? Thank you!
Candidate you are eligible to apply for the graduation after 12th.There are no age limit to apply for the graduation if a candidate have completed 12th from government recognized board can apply for the graduation.

Reputed Universities Across India Offers Graduation Course:-

1). Savitribai Phule University.

2). University of Hyderabad.

3). Jadavpur University.

4). Jwahar Lal Nehru University for Advance Research.

5). Anna University.

6). Anna University.

7). University of Delhi.

8). Jawahar lal Nehru University New Delhi.

9). Banaras Hindu University.

10). Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?