4th July 2010, 02:24 PM
satish choudary

Am I eligible to do M.Tech regular course after completing MCA distance course?

i have completed mca distance through annamalai distance university.

whether the above qualification is eligible to do mtech regular course?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I do MCA regular or distance after completing BCA with 80%? What is the scope?
  2. Am i eligible to take admission in regular M.Tech IT after doing BSc IT and MCA from distance education mode
  3. Will I be eligible to get admission in MCA in regular after passing B.Sc IT from PTU through distance learning?
  4. Am i eligible for joining M.Tech program at regular level after my distance learning MCA course from Annamalai University?
  5. MTech admission criteria after BSc and MCA
  6. List of colleges offering MCA course at regular level for students who did BCA through distance learning?
  7. Can I study Regular MCA if pursuing Distance BCA after completing Polytechnic Diploma in Computer Science course?
  8. Am I eligible to do B.Ed after completion of MCA course? How about in distance mode if not in regular? -- [New]
  9. Is distance MCA equal to regular? Can it be done in 2 years?
  10. Can I join MCA in regular after completing 12th with Maths?
  11. MNC's don't accept distance education MCA students?
  12. Is distance course not accepted by MNC's? What should I choose between regular MCA and B.Tech after completion of BCA?
  13. I am pursuing MSc in Distance mode, am I eligible for MTech regular course?
  14. Regular MCA after B.Sc (IT) from SMU though distance learning?
  15. Should I leave my job and go for regular MCA course? Will MCA through distance be a good choice?
  16. Am i eligible for joining M.C.A course in Mumbai University after completing BCA through distance course?
  17. Can I do Mtech in regular mode after doing MSc in Distance mode? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Possibility of pursuing M.Tech after MCA? Job in different sectors for MCA graduate?
25th May 2011, 01:01 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech regular course after completing MCA distance course?

As per the rules the it is a must that the qualifying course should be pursued from a recognised instititute. Annamalai is a recognised institute. So for pursuing M.tech as a regular course will not be a problem. If you are interested in pursuing M.Tech then do prepare for GATE. All the information for this test is available in its official site.
17th June 2011, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech regular course after completing MCA distance course?

i have done bsc it from ptu distance mode and now i m pursuing mca from ptu distance is it valid for getting job in india or in usa,canada?
11th July 2011, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.Tech at Anna University,now willing to pursue M.Tech at deemed university......whether am eligible for working in AICTE affiliated Engineering colleges or not
12th July 2011, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

I am a diploma holder and completed bca from annamalai universiry
as distance education.now I wish to join for MTech as distance course
Which are the universities support this
1st August 2011, 08:00 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes You are eligible for M.tech.

For doing M.tech, You need a bachelor's degree in engineering, i.e B.tech or B.E.

If you don't have an engineering degree, you have to do post graduation i.e you should have a master's degree in your field.

Now, you are not an engineering graduates, you have done a course in computer application.
And you have also done post graduation after BCA, so now you have a masters degree, i.e MCA.

So you are absolutely eligible for MCA.

Now your next step is to prepare for GATE, which is the entrance exam for M.tech mainly.

visit- http://gate.iitm.ac.in/
2nd August 2011, 05:46 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish choudary View Post
i have completed mca distance through annamalai distance university.

whether the above qualification is eligible to do mtech regular course?
yaa sure why not you can do mtech as a regular course.there is no restriction in this the only thing you need a graduate degree thats all.....it doesnt matter whether you mca from correspondence or all....

best of luck
2nd August 2011, 11:38 AM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech regular course after completing MCA distance course?

M.tech is a course that turns you into a high level technician and an engineer in a particular field.
To be a m.tech you have to be a technical minded and great urge to solve the problem and creativity.

To be eligible for the m.tech you have to pass an exam called Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE)
Based on your GATE score you will get admission in various government colleges across India.

To be eligible for m.tech you have to have a graduate degree or a post graduate degree (or final year students also) in any stream of science, engineering or pharmacy.
So it is clear that the bachelor degree holder in commerce or master degree holder in commerce nor arts are eligible to apply in m.tech GATE.
So I am sorry my friend you cannot go for m.tech as this is the main drawback that the commerce students cannot go for science again in the future but the science students can apply in the commerce courses.
Good luck.
2nd August 2011, 01:55 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Yes of course.

You are eligible to apply for the M.Tech Course.

For this course,the candidate must have complete the B.Tech from any recognized university or equivalent qualification and the candidate must secure at least 60% marks in their examination.
(or)
The candidate must have a complete the M.C.A or M.Sc from any recognized university or equivalent qualification and the candidate must secure at least 60% marks in their examination.
2nd August 2011, 04:54 PM
kunjeyan5282

For doing M.tech, You need a bachelor's degree in engineering, i.e B.tech or B.E.

If you don't have an engineering degree, you have to do post graduation i.e you should have a master's degree in your field.

Now, you are not an engineering graduates, you have done a course in computer application.
And you have also done post graduation after BCA, so now you have a masters degree, i.e MCA.

Now your next step is to prepare for GATE, which is the entrance exam for M.tech mainly.
31st August 2011, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

I have done MBA from SMU by distance education? Am I eligible to teach MBA students in private colleges offering MBA?
20th February 2012, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

I completed BCA from MDU then I have complited MCA through distancce education. and I am working as an on site services executive in PSS department
. AM i on the right job
16th July 2012, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do m.tech regular course after completing mca distance course?
24th July 2012, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

Dear all, I am an MCA grad who did this course in distance education, Bharathidasan university. I have total 5 yrs of work experience. Now i would like to do M.tech - am i eligible for that as i completed my MCA through distance education? Anyone please advise me.
24th July 2012, 02:59 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

24th July 2012, 03:01 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

M.tech is a course that turns you into a high level technician and an engineer in a particular field.
To be a m.tech you have to be a technical minded and great urge to solve the problem and creativity.

To be eligible for the m.tech you have to pass an exam called Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE)
Based on your GATE score you will get admission in various government colleges across India.

To be eligible for m.tech you have to have a graduate degree or a post graduate degree (or final year students also) in any stream of science, engineering or pharmacy.
So it is clear that the bachelor degree holder in commerce or master degree holder in commerce nor arts are eligible to apply in m.tech GATE.
So I am sorry my friend you cannot go for m.tech as this is the main drawback that the commerce students cannot go for science again in the future but the science students can apply in the commerce courses.
Good luck.
24th July 2014, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

SIR I HV COMPLETE MSC FORM KUK THROUGH DISTANCE MODE WITH 51% AND AFTER THAT I ALSO COMPLET MCA LAST YEAR FROM PTU WITH 71% MARKS. MY QUESTION IS
1) IS MY MCA VALID FOR M.TECH ADDMISSION.
2)IS MY PRECENTAGE IS ONLY DEPEND ON MCA LAST YEAR MARKS OR TOTAL OF 3 YEARS MARKS AVERAGE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?