18th April 2012, 10:44 PM
shamim9418

Am I eligible for GATE exam after pursuing B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Is B.Tech degree of this university acceptable in government department/PSU jobs?

I am pursuing my B-Tech in civil engineering from Aliah University (Kolkata). It is approved by UGC but not recognised by AICTE.
Am I eligible for GATE exam?
Is the B-Tech degree of this university acceptable in govt. dept./PSU jobs or not??

Related Questions:

19th June 2012, 02:56 PM
kengtha

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE exam after pursuing B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Is B.Tech degree of this university acceptable in government department/PSU jobs?

According to the eligibility of council for GATE,Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech are only eligible.As it is approved by UGC which comes under UPSC so you can give GATE exam.
For PSU job,recruitment will be on the basis of GATE score.For other government job ,you need to give separate written tst.So ,you are eligible.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?