4th May 2013, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give the CAT entrance exam after passing 2nd year exam?

i have given my 2nd year exams......dis year....am i eligible to give cat exams in this year november??

5th May 2013, 09:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give the CAT entrance exam after passing 2nd year exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have given my 2nd year exams......dis year....am i eligible to give cat exams in this year november??

Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) for the admission in MBA course.

This examination is conducted in the month of November and December.

Those candidate have completed graduation with above 50% marks are applicable for CAT exam.Your degree must be recognized.Marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST candidate.There is no age criteria.Final year student are also applicable for CAT exam.There is no limitation for CAT exams attempts so you can try it maximum times.

You are now in 2nd year of your graduation degree so now you are not applicable for CAT exam but when you are in 3rd year of graduation degree , you are applicable for CAT Exam.

If you are in B.SC/BA/B.Com degree holder then you can apply in November CAT exam.But this rule is not applicable B-Tech /BE degree holder .

List of the topics are coming in CAT Exam are given below so you should prepare well on these topics -

English Comprehension
Data Analysis and Data Sufficiency
Logical & Critical Reasoning
Quantitative Aptitude
General awareness

Selection procedure of CAT Exam is of two steps in which first step is written test.After clearance of written examination you will have to attend personnel interview.Some Institute conduct GD round in selection Process .

I have listed some Books name for CAT Exam , You should buy these books and prepare well , then definitely you will cracked in CAT exam-

CAT Topic-wise 17 Year Solved Papers
by
Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)

Verbal Ability For CAT
by
MBAGuru
Publisher: cengage Learning (2011)

Verbal Ability For The CAT
by
Sujit Kumar
Publisher: Pearson (2011)

Maximum no of MBA college accept CAT score .The list of Best 5 college for CAT exam is given below-

IIM -Indore
IIM -Cochin
IIM- Shilong
IIM - ahemnadbad
IIM -kolkata

For more details about CAT exam you can visit to http://www.catiim.in/

5th May 2013, 10:59 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give the CAT entrance exam after passing 2nd year exam?

If you are doing 3 years Graduation and have already given the 2nd year exams than YES you are eligible to apply for the CAT exams that will be held in the year 2013

Final year Graduation candidates are allowed to write the CAT exams.

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:
Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

CAT exams questions are asked from below sections:
Verbal Ability
Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Ability
Data Interpretation
5th May 2013, 11:33 AM
vkghanghas

NO you can give exam in final year or after that....
5th May 2013, 01:08 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CAT - Common Admission Test conducted by Indian Institute of Management(IIM) for admission to Two years Post Graduate MBA(Master of Business Administration) course in IIMs.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream of education with 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University, can apply for CAT. There is no upper age limit for application to CAT.

Hence with the above eligibility criteria you can apply for CAT.

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
5th May 2013, 08:07 PM
Topper 1
Junior Member+

sorry friend you are not eligible to apply for CAT exam until you complete your graduation you can register in your last semester of your graduation year!!
5th May 2013, 11:24 PM
nanmuin
Member+

Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) for the admission in MBA course.

This examination is conducted in the month of November and December.

Those candidate have completed graduation with above 50% marks are applicable for CAT exam.Your degree must be recognized.Marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST candidate.There is no age criteria.Final year student are also applicable for CAT exam.There is no limitation for CAT exams attempts so you can try it maximum times.

You are now in 2nd year of your graduation degree so now you are not applicable for CAT exam but when you are in 3rd year of graduation degree , you are applicable for CAT Exam.

If you are in B.SC/BA/B.Com degree holder then you can apply in November CAT exam.But this rule is not applicable B-Tech /BE degree holder .

List of the topics are coming in CAT Exam are given below so you should prepare well on these topics -

English Comprehension
Data Analysis and Data Sufficiency
Logical & Critical Reasoning
Quantitative Aptitude
General awareness

Selection procedure of CAT Exam is of two steps in which first step is written test.After clearance of written examination you will have to attend personnel interview.Some Institute conduct GD round in selection Process .

I have listed some Books name for CAT Exam , You should buy these books and prepare well , then definitely you will cracked in CAT exam-

CAT Topic-wise 17 Year Solved Papers
by
Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)

Verbal Ability For CAT
by
MBAGuru
Publisher: cengage Learning (2011)

Verbal Ability For The CAT
by
Sujit Kumar
Publisher: Pearson (2011)

all the best...............
7th May 2013, 12:05 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

The acronym CAT stands for the Common Admission Test.It is the only entrance examination which gives you chance to pursue your master's degree in business administration from the top institutes that are famous for business administration.

This entrance examination is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management.

The eligibility criteria for the exam:

>>Bachelor's degree holders in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% in it is eligible to give this exam.

>>Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

Since you are in second year of bachelor's degree ,so you are not eligible for the CAT exam .You will be able to give this exam during your final year .

Till then you can do preparation for the CAT exam ,please keep onething in mind that it is not so easy to crack .It requires lots of practice on the areas from which questions are generally asked.

You can join the best institute for the CAT preparation which is TIME .

CAT exam pattern:

Hope the information will definitely help you .If you want any more clarification or you have any other query please leave it here.

all the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
1st July 2013, 03:56 PM
Hardik Khara

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashisranjan784 View Post
Dear Friend

The acronym CAT stands for the Common Admission Test.It is the only entrance examination which gives you chance to pursue your master's degree in business administration from the top institutes that are famous for business administration.

This entrance examination is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management.

The eligibility criteria for the exam:

>>Bachelor's degree holders in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% in it is eligible to give this exam.

>>Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

Since you are in second year of bachelor's degree ,so you are not eligible for the CAT exam .You will be able to give this exam during your final year .

Till then you can do preparation for the CAT exam ,please keep onething in mind that it is not so easy to crack .It requires lots of practice on the areas from which questions are generally asked.

You can join the best institute for the CAT preparation which is TIME .

CAT exam pattern:

Hope the information will definitely help you .If you want any more clarification or you have any other query please leave it here.

all the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
Hi, I ll give my 3rd year and final year B.COM exams in 2015 June.
So can i give my CAT exams in November 2014 as i will be in 3rd year at that time.?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?