28th June 2013, 02:04 PM
Mudasir Maqbool

Am I eligible for government job after pursuing Ph.D?

I am a student of Shri venkateshwara Univeristy from Gajraula Meerut, I am pursing there Ph.D ,Now my question is just simple, am I eligible for Govt. Jobs.
Please give me the response.
I am pursing Ph.D in Pol.Sc Subject

24th August 2017, 11:45 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for government job after pursuing Ph.D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudasir Maqbool View Post
I am a student of Shri venkateshwara Univeristy from Gajraula Meerut, I am pursing there Ph.D ,Now my question is just simple, am I eligible for Govt. Jobs.
Please give me the response.
I am pursing Ph.D in Pol.Sc Subject

Yes, you are eligible to apply for government jobs after completing your Ph.D degree in political science. Here below are details regarding job options after Ph.D political science:-

Government Job Options After Ph.D Political Science:-

1). Teaching:- After Ph.D political science degree you can apply for job as lecturer / professor in government colleges and Universities.

2). Research:- Become research associate in government organization.

3). Civil Services:- You can go for Indian civil services through IAS exam.

4). Administrative services:- You can opted for administrative services through competitive exam that are IAS, IPS, IFS etc.

5). Political Advisor:- Become political advisor and work along with government officials and help them on budget planning and implementation.

Other Job Options after Ph.D Political Science:-

>> Political Commentator.

>> State Legislator.

>> Political analyst.

>> Public opinion analyst.

>> Budget Examiner.

>> Campaign Organizer.

>> Corporate public affairs advisor.

>> Lobbyist.
25th August 2017, 05:03 AM
manjira...

Default Re: Am I eligible for government job after pursuing Ph.D?

Yes definitely you are eligible to apply for government examination after completing your Ph.D in Political Science.

There are several career opportunities that you can opt for after your PhD, however you should choose as per your line of interest. Some of them are

Lecturer/Professor. You can apply in the government colleges for the post of Lecturer or Professor of political science. Your PhD degree will help you acquire a good post in a reputed college.

Researcher. After completing your PhD you are eligible to pursue research in political science under government organization.

Advisory Committee. You can work with the government in analysing the political impact and providing solution for any decision taken by the government.

Administrative post. You can apply for different examination held by the government of India for recruitment in the administrative work.

Some of the posts you can aspire to apply for are

Lobbyist
Political Campaign Manager
Career politician
Political consultant
Legal Assistant
Political Commentator
Political Analyst
Paralegal,etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?