31st October 2015, 06:11 AM
tejaswinich

Am I eligible for IBM with a backlog in final year?

I am am having 92% in 10th, 93% in intermediate, currently I am studying B tech final year with aggregate 78% and one backlog...Did I am eligible for IBM ??

Related Questions:
31st October 2015, 02:49 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IBM with a backlog in final year?

The eligibility criteria for the IBM recruitment is as below:

>>Candidate must have done 10th, 10+2 and bachelor's degree from a recognized institute.

>>Candidate should have minimum of 60% marks throughout from 10th to bachelor's degree. There is should not be any pending backlogs at the time of recruitment drive either on campus or off campus or pool drives.

>>Maximum of two years gap between studies is allowed.

You are fulfilling all the conditions but you have one pending backlog, so you are not eligible for the IBM recruitment drive. Once you clear the backlog, you can apply for the drives of IBM for recruitment.
31st October 2015, 05:03 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejaswinich View Post
I am am having 92% in 10th, 93% in intermediate, currently I am studying B tech final year with aggregate 78% and one backlog...Did I am eligible for IBM ??
No, you are not eligible for IBM recruitment because you have pending backlog.

IBM is a reputed international company.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for IBM is,

IBM= 70%

You should not have any pending backlogs.

Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for IBM recruitment.

Selection process of IBM recruitment-

Aptitude Test
Technical test
HR
31st October 2015, 06:46 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Having backlogs, you are not eligible for IBM. Not only for IBM, any MNC will not prefer candidates who are having backlogs.

Here is the eligibility criteria to be eligible for IBM Placements.

Candidates should have scored a minimum of 60% of marks in all the academics.

Candidates should not have any pending backlogs.

If any academic gap is there for the candidates, it should not be more than 2 years.

The selection procedure comprises of
Written Test
Group Discussion
Interview

You have very good percentage of marks in your 10th and 12th which is extra ordinary. Don't worry about your 1 backlog. Just complete it by the time you complete your B.Tech course.

Don't worry even if you don't get job through campus placements. You can attend for company direct walkins or you can post your profile in the official websites of the companies and you will get calls once they have openings.

Nothing to worry about you backlog. Just clear it. If you have good knowledge, then you can get job easily.

At Freshers level, companies will test your basic knowledge and your communication skills. Try to be strong enough in these areas.
31st October 2015, 09:14 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for IBM :

<> You have required educational qualifications with you. But you are saying that you have one pending backlogs. Truly speaking IBM not allows the candidates who have completes their education without having any backlogs.

<> The remaining eligibility criteria is similar to other companies.

<> And should have good communication and soft skills.

<> Final year candidates of graduation can also eligible to apply for recruitment.
31st October 2015, 11:21 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejaswinich View Post
No candidates with backlogs wont be allowed to sit for the IBM recruitment examination.

Eligibility Criteria at a glance:-

-You need to complete graduation or post graduation degree from a reputed university in B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech/MCA with any specialization( Except Pharma and Fashion technology all major branches are applicable) with atleast 70% aggregate.

-You must have 65% aggregate 10th class and 12th class

-You should not have any backlogs at the time of interview and Correspondence and part-time course are not eligible to apply for this examination.

-You must have good interpersonal, and Communication skills. And also candidates should have excellent time management skills.

-Selection Process:-

1. Written Aptitude Test
2. Group Discussion
3. Technical Interview
4. HR Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?