16th July 2010, 01:58 AM
crescendo

One backlog left in third year, final year completed, companies allowing 1 backlog?

i have completed my b.tech in june but i have one pending back in third year...it will be cleared in 7 months..am i eligible for placement in companies ..is there ne company which gives this type of relaxation..i hv only this back through out my b.tech...please help ASAP.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to attend Campus Drive with a backlog for CSE final year student? Eligibility to get job in Aricent, CTS, etc.?
  2. Can I attend campus placement if I have 1 backlog in 4th year B.Tech IT?
  3. Will a backlog in first year affect my chances during placements?
  4. Will I be eligible to apply for campus placements if I have 1 back paper while am in 3rd year?
  5. List of companies in which I can apply for jobs with CGPA of 6.61 and a backlog in first sem?
  6. List of IT companies who allows 1 live backlog for the recruitment of final year computer students?
  7. Should i mention my B.Tech degree as a 5 year program as it got extended for a year due to one Backlog?
  8. List of top companies that accept backlog? I am pursuing B.E electronics and communication engineering
  9. If I get a backlog after getting placed then does it affect my job placement?
  10. Am I eligible for CAT exam after passing CSE final year with backlog in 4th semester
  11. Will I get loan for 3rd and 4th year if have backlog in 2nd year?
  12. Is there any chance of companies finding out the backlogs if I try to hide it during campus placement?
  13. Am I eligible to appear for CDS one if I have a backlog in fourth year of B.Tech? -- [New]
  14. Can I apply for Tech Mahindra, if have one backlog in 2nd year?
  15. What does gap-backlog in graduation mean?
  16. Am I eligible to attend HCL On-Campus Drive after clearing the 1st semester backlog?
  17. What is the eligibility required to study M.Tech in IIT/NIT for a candidate with a backlog in B.Tech?
  18. Can I apply for Indian Navy Technical Entry having completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with 68.8% and with a date of birth of 05-12-1998 but having backlog history? What is the difference between backlog and backlog history?
19th July 2010, 07:29 AM
LOKESH RAJPUT

Default Re: One backlog left in third year, final year completed, companies allowing 1 backlog?

hello!
there are some companies which allows one backlog but that should be cleared at the time of placement.
there are very few companies which place the students with backlog and give them certain period of time to clear that backlog.
but that depends upon your branch and college.
also take guidance of training and placement officer of your college.
19th July 2010, 09:14 AM
NISAMTI

Default Re: One backlog left in third year, final year completed, companies allowing 1 backlog?

..sorry.if you want to secure a good job..you can not get it..even in the campus placements,the pupil having backlogs are prefred..first,clear your subject..prepare well for the exam..
19th July 2010, 11:48 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Yes a backlog will surely hinder your way to placement.

Top companies alway set there criteria such that candidates with backlogs are not allowed for Interview.

If someone has any backlog in its +2 then it doesn't create much problem as compared to what in B.Tech

Also you are refrain from appearing for Government Jobs basically in Defence sector and NAvratna's and PSU's.

But scoring exceptionally well in finals may relax your burden.

Best of Luck
19th July 2010, 07:04 PM
sharad3010

sorry u cannot sit for placements as company requirement is above 65% and no backs
19th July 2010, 07:34 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

Definitely !!! but don't worry !!

Students having backlogs in any of the subjects , mainly in conventional one's , are not eligible for submitting placement papers to some very reputed companies including reliance , TATA ,etc ..

most of the Government company vacancies does possess such criteria's .

Even low percentage in 12th grade does matters alot in placements and backlog in academics is too much .

But above all this , the college name from which you are pursuing the course and your skills matters too much .

My brother done B.Tech from NSIT,DELHI and have backlogs in all his subjects due to illness in one sem but he cleared all and placed in a company in gurgaon with pay packet of 5.4 lac starting .

So if you are very skilled and very attractive in interview ( through knowledge ) , than no need to worry as these all things comes after your skills .

All laws and rules may be omitted for highly qualified students in both govt. and private sector .

Reply back with more details regarding your college and academic performance to be more guided .

Regards
~satish
19th July 2010, 08:36 PM
rajanivedha

Smile Re: One backlog left in third year, final year completed, companies allowing 1 backlog?

hey friend !!!
there are more and more number of companies which allow ppl to join inspite of having arrears... pl complete it fast so that you can get through in big companies... good luck..
Quote:
Originally Posted by crescendo View Post
i have completed my b.tech in june but i have one pending back in third year...it will be cleared in 7 months..am i eligible for placement in companies ..is there ne company which gives this type of relaxation..i hv only this back through out my b.tech...please help ASAP.
19th July 2010, 09:06 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

Well backlogs are a part of engineering students life.Even companies who hire engineering professionals know it is difficult to complete engineering without backlogs.
People who have completed engineering without any backlogs are the ones who have simply mugged up the part.Those who haven't an have a clear concept might get a back, due to unavoidable circumstances.
But still many companies keep this bar of hiring professionals without any backlog, just because they want to maintain their global standards.
However they have this relaxation that if you have cleared all your backlogs, then you can freely apply for job interview.
But yes, as said by Satish in his post, the +2 marks also matter a lot. If you do not have the required percentage in your +2 levels, then many companies do not give you the consideration.

So i would suggest that you post your resume in as many companies and whenever you get a call go ahead with full confidence. Show them that you are the one they are looking for. BAcklogs will be taken care of in the due course.

Best Of Luck.
19th July 2010, 09:41 PM
aslakshm

Thumbs up Re: One backlog left in third year, final year completed, companies allowing 1 backlog?

Quote:
hey,

You can try! not sure..but 90% they dont prefer..they will not let you to attend the interview..

work hard and somehow try to complete it.Going forward it wont look nice in resume..
19th July 2010, 11:05 PM
Senior Member+++

definitely friend
you can get a job
but it is the truth that for getting into a reputed company you need to have a excellent record as there is weightage criteria decided by the them .
so friend do not lose heart and in my suggeston first please clear your back and then go further with a good energy you will surely get into a reputed company
20th July 2010, 12:36 AM
crescendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by garg.satish0 View Post
definitely !!! But don't worry !!

students having backlogs in any of the subjects , mainly in conventional one's , are not eligible for submitting placement papers to some very reputed companies including reliance , tata ,etc ..

Most of the government company vacancies does possess such criteria's .

Even low percentage in 12th grade does matters alot in placements and backlog in academics is too much .

but above all this , the college name from which you are pursuing the course and your skills matters too much .

My brother done b.tech from nsit,delhi and have backlogs in all his subjects due to illness in one sem but he cleared all and placed in a company in gurgaon with pay packet of 5.4 lac starting .

So if you are very skilled and very attractive in interview ( through knowledge ) , than no need to worry as these all things comes after your skills .

all laws and rules may be omitted for highly qualified students in both govt. And private sector .

reply back with more details regarding your college and academic performance to be more guided .

Regards
~satish
thanx a lot for ur answer..well i have scored above 70% in my finals 88% in 10th and 75% in 12th...
20th July 2010, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

<b>Dear Sir, I am Rajeev a student of Btech(ICE), hav a year back right now, due to some problems. Can I know please whether I am
eligible to get in to Govt job and private sector in reputed companies after passing the Btec in the forthcomming years!!..It is very
delimatic nd disheartining to me ....please provide me assistance to what should I do rite now.!!.....or shal continue with the degree??[:(
20th July 2010, 10:41 PM
NISAMTI

hi friend..first do not about the past..the present reflects your future..first target to clear your subjects..and then,i think..it is difficult to get a job in an efficient corporate MNC..rather than in government sector...so,dont worry..do not be depressed..failure are the stepping stones for our future..all the best..
21st July 2010, 02:52 PM
aritra20390

I had a backlog in my 2nd sem (and that too due to a family tragedy) but cleared it in my 4th sem (the first chance available) in my ECE BTech course
Will that affect my chances of getting into an IIT for MTech?
I feel I can crack the GATE, plus am scoring well in remaining sems.
So does that automatically eliminate me from a seat in IITs?
26th July 2010, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

i have a backlog in 6th semister will it affect my chances in college campus placement.
27th July 2010, 05:10 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Due to your backlog you will not be allowed to sit in certain top companies ,but there are few small companies which may give you the chance to sit in there interview.

Top companies will never take the students with backlog such as TCS,INFOSYS etc....

But you still need to keep hope for the job and do not loose your hope ,you will surelly be selected in certain company ,just try and try...

All the best
27th July 2010, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

i have a backlog in 6th sem and it will be cleared in next yr in MAY 2011.so i got a degree of 5 yrs instead of 4 yrs i.e 2006-10 or 2006-11.plz help me i m tooooo upset really.:(
28th July 2010, 09:40 AM
rajanivedha

hey just try out in bpo sector because the top companies doesnot allow for a back log instead try out in other fields ... there is job for you ...never loose your hope
best wishes
28th July 2010, 04:31 PM
NISAMTI

okay..then,you have work experience..as there is no percentage in marks..better you do job in any small company..try to improve your skills ...soft skills,communication skills.good luck
29th July 2010, 09:53 AM
NISAMTI

you are eliglible for jobs..but,you must try hard..because,searching a job personally is not an easy thing..so,better.you complete your bachelor's degree .nd try to do some courses related to your career.and then..try for jobs..good luck
31st July 2010, 01:53 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

you see some companies give to criteria to the students that those students have backlog they can't appear in the campus interview.

but don't worry some companies they don't check this kind of things.

so it is better to try for those company.

after your Btech you may appear in the technical related govt exams.

all the best......
2nd August 2010, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

hello.... myself priya....m pursuing B.E from "Birla Institute of tech. mesra (patna campus) n my branch is ECE..
I hav got a back in computer communication networking in my 6th sem.... it's d only backlog...i can clear it in my 8th sem takimg it as a sub in ma 8th sem...
my ques is....since, most of d eceians are placed in IT Companies, dat comes in 7th sem in our college.... n dere creteria is mor dan 60% marks wid no backlogs..... it means i wn't b abl to seat in ny of 'em .... plz tell me bout som companies dat can allow ppl lyk me to giv d xams...
m very very upset...... it's my humle request to u plz suggest me wat shud i do....??? thanks...
3rd August 2010, 02:02 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: One backlog left in third year, final year completed, companies allowing 1 backlog?

dear friend

almost every company doesnot allow students to seat for the interview having backlog.

so u first clear all your backlogs then apply for any company.

all the best.
9th August 2010, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

informative
10th August 2010, 01:12 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

As you said that you have one backlog left , there are very few companies that allow backlog after completing 8th sem. I am suggesting you to do certain type of training program in your core or respective field. This would itself give you two type of benefits , first is that you can complete your degree within training period and second is you can have an additional course before sitting in the company interview which obviously increase the chance of your job.

So my friend in this way you can take your supplies in positive way , and never leave your confidence.
11th August 2010, 11:30 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend

no company allows students having backlogs.

so first clear your back logs then apply for it.

all d best.
18th August 2010, 02:19 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

as u have one backlog in 3rd year, and till u have not clear it, so t will be

difficult for u to get a good job from on campus .. almost every company want

student without any backlog.

so, study well and clear ur backlog first then go for job.

all the best.
21st August 2010, 12:19 AM
mehul152

Friends,
I'm facing the same situation. I have a back in 7th sem wireless comm. but have cleared 8th sem. You guessed it right...I'm under V.T.U.........
So I just wanted to know when do I have to fill up the Examination Form and all...
22nd August 2010, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Hey I have a backlog in my 3th sem..... that too in a meaningless subject "material science" ..... and tht too we had no books...no proper syllabus....no previous yr questions....... I am studying B-tech in Electrical And Electronics Engineering...... Will it affect my career????
23rd August 2010, 01:45 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey I have a backlog in my 3th sem..... that too in a meaningless subject "material science" ..... and tht too we had no books...no proper syllabus....no previous yr questions....... I am studying B-tech in Electrical And Electronics Engineering...... Will it affect my career????

Weather a backlog in "Material Science" or Engineering MAths, that does'nt matters backlog is backlog and candidates with backlogs are not acceptable in sectors like- Indian Defence Services, Navratna's, PSU's, etc.

But actually in Private sector you dont have to worry much for that, yeah campusing for MNC's will surely be effected but after clearing your backlog no problem at all.
23rd August 2010, 08:29 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

dear friend,
there are some companies that recruit wtih one backlogs but that also you have to clear at the time of placement.most of the companies dont even recruit with the backlogs.so in my view please first clear your backlogs and hen apply for jobs.
Good Luck!
23rd August 2010, 11:59 AM
Raj333

DEAR FRIEND
dear backlog in 6th , 7th ,and 8th semester is very dangerous for engineering student mainly for getting job .some companies will give you opportunity for seated in camp using but you will gate job only when you will provide your all documents for verification to company ............most of company will not giving chance for camp using to backlog student............so you will get job after clearing backlog .........there is no job with backlog left in third year.......so every student will definitely concentrate in there study specially in 3rd and final year so he or she can not get any supply in 3rd and final year .this will provide them more opportunity to get job according to his course...........

best of luck..................
23rd August 2010, 12:27 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends.

there are very few companies which place the students with backlog

and give them certain period of time to clear that backlog.

but that depends upon your branch and college.

but you must have to clear the back log for agood company.
23rd August 2010, 01:00 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

hey !! there are many companies which allow candidates to sit in campus inter view and they even select and give placements....but the condition is that you have to clear all your backlogs before the joining date...because you have to submit your degree certificate at that time...And anyways you can surely clear you pending paper...

For instance TCS had allowed the students with one back log to sit in campus interview...and many of them qualified the interview in our college...

Good Luck !!
23rd August 2010, 08:04 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

you can't sit in campusing.because all companies allows those students that has no any backlogs in their 7th sem.

so at first you have to clear your backlogs .study your subject well.

all the best.
26th August 2010, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have one year back in computer science engg.by finencial condition,may i able to get job in software industry?please send me ur feedback???????
praveen ochewar
29th August 2010, 01:04 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friends,

it is not possible to sit in a campus interview with the backlog,

so first of all clear all the back log then go for the different job.

so now you only concentrate on your backlog paper.so that you can clear it in the next time.
22nd September 2010, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

no backlog means history of arrears or standing arrears please indicate me
24th September 2010, 02:33 AM
Unregistered

i got an year back in first year..........weather i can sit in company placement or not.........
"after i taken re-admission i had aggregate above 65% and hv no current back log" and passed 3 year"
will it will affect my placement
26th September 2010, 10:29 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

I am very sorry to say you that you are not eligible for getting job until your

backlog is not cleared.So, first cleared your backlog and then think about jobs.

During this time you can prepare for the exam of higher studies or for PSU.

Best of luck
14th October 2010, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

Hello...
I am thejus belonging to Visveraya Technological University.. I am currently in my 7th semester ECE.. I had a backlog in my fifth semester and I cleared the backlog in my 6th semester.. Will this affect my placement which due to take place?
14th October 2010, 02:35 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: One backlog left in third year, final year completed, companies allowing 1 backlog?

Quote:
dear friend,

now a days all companies are needed fresh candidates.candidates with backlog are not entertained generally but few cases they allowed.so keep prepraring for clear back paper and also for interview.

good luck.
14th October 2010, 04:15 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Few companies allows backlog candidates.But there are companies which gives relaxation to an extent, they give aparticular perod of time to clear it.As an example one of my close friend got selected in CTS,in that meantime she had 1 baclkog, they gave her 6 months time to clear it,now she is working in CTS.
So don t loose heart,if not MNCs then atleast small companies will allow for it.But first try to clear it,once you clear it,there will be lots of option and self-confidence as well.
Best wishes.
14th October 2010, 09:49 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

there are no company which recruit a backlog candidate. you will be only eligible after clearing your backlog.

but there are some company which can give some time to clear backlog. the recruit you but they will give you condition with in this certain period you have to clear your backlog and then only you will be eligible to serve in the company.

also there are few company which recruitment process started now but they will take all the documents after selection. and selection may be after few month. may be then you will be able to clear your backlog. so you may apply for this company. but now it is very difficult to get job with your B.Tech degree as you have backlog.

best wishes.
18th November 2010, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i,m a final year b,tech(IT)student from usit(main campus of ggsipu university) sir i want to know that how many companys are not considering backlogs anad allow us to appear for interview and written exam if we try offcampus
18th November 2010, 10:56 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: One backlog left in third year, final year completed, companies allowing 1 backlog?

Quote:
no company wan't his/her employee to be a dumb , failed guy/girl so
thats the only reason first you clear your baklogs and join any company they will definitely hire you..
for sure

good luck
19th November 2010, 12:03 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

Yes, it is true that many reputed companies coming for campus placement sets the selection criteria that candidates having backlogs are not allowed to appear. So,a pending backlog may cause hindrance in your selection for a good job.

But don't get disappointed as some lesser known companies allow engineering graduates with 1-2 backlogs to participate in the recruitment process. On selection, the company gives them a time limit which is generally 6 months to clear all their pending backlogs. On successfully clearing the backlog within the prescribed time limit, they are invited to join the company.
19th November 2010, 12:35 AM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
there are companys allowing backlogs during the placement proceess thjat too befor ur final year
19th November 2010, 07:05 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

you will definetely face problem everytime in getting good job as there are very few companies which allow students having backlogs. so don't feel shamed and clear your backlog first otherwise you will be rejected during placement as allmost all companies want no backlogs.
19th November 2010, 07:18 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

Yes a backlog will surely hinder your way to placement.

Top companies set there criteria such that candidates with backlogs are not allowed for Interview.

If someone has any backlog in its +2 then it doesn't create much problem as compared to what in B.Tech

Also you are refrain from appearing for Government Jobs basically in Defence sector and Navratna's and PSU's.

But scoring exceptionally well in finals may relax your burden.

good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?