13th September 2011, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of SC category with an age of 31 years?

I am 31 yrs old Sc category.am i elligible for IES Exam?
reply me as early as possible.

13th September 2011, 04:57 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of SC category with an age of 31 years?

You did not mention your highest level of academic qualification. In order to be eligible for IES Exam, one should have completed Graduation in Engineering in any of the following
-Electrical Engineering
-Electronics and Communications Engineering
-Civil Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering
or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

As far as the age criteria is concerned, one should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for IES Exam.

Relaxation is there in upper age limt for the candidates of SC/ST upto 5 years and relaxation upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC.

So, if you are a candidate of pursuing final year of your Engineering or have completed your Engineering, you can appear for IES Exam.

No problem at all with respect to your age since you are a candidate of SC category having relaxation upto 5 years.

For updated information on IES Exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC(Union Public Service Commission). Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
13th September 2011, 06:26 PM
malek basit

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of SC category with an age of 31 years?

IAS Exam Eligibility Criteria:

Age Limit: Candidate’s age should lie from 21 to 30 years on 1st August of the year of examination. For SC / ST candidates, 5 years relaxation in upper age is given.

No. of Allowed Attempts: general (open) category candidates can appear up to 4 times where as physically disabled and OBC category candidates can appear up to 7 times and SC /ST candidates can appear any number of times.

>> Educational Qualifications:

should be holding graduate degree in any stream from a recognized university or equivalent. Candidate’s appearing in Graduation final year can also appear in entrance exam but they are required to produce degree proof and other essential documents asked by commission on some prescribed date
13th September 2011, 07:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear friend,

Yes , You are eligible for IES exam.

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

If you have completed engineering dicipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

The Notification was published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news papers.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

If you are from different departments then also you are eligible but you should take one of the above departmenta as exam.

thanks
13th September 2011, 07:33 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Yes,you can apply for Indian Engineering Service at the age of 31 also,but you should also fulfill with education qualification.

Indian Engineering Service exam is conducted by upsc every year once.This exam is conducted to intake qualified engineers for Government sector in different departments.

Eligibility criteria for Indian Engineering Service exam:
Education qualification:
Candidate should minimum graduation degree in Engineering from a Mechanical/Civil/Electric Stream.
Age limit:
Age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Indian Engineering Service exam notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 25th Feb 2012 to 24th March 2012.
Exam will held on 15th June 2012.

For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 59 views)
13th September 2011, 08:17 PM
vijendradutt

You must be atleast below 30 yrs to be eligible for IES.

But as you are SC candidate you have age relaxation of 5 yrs.

Just log on to UPSC website and find the majority details..

BEST OF LUCK>.....................
13th September 2011, 08:18 PM
vijendradutt

You must be atleast below 30 yrs to be eligible for IES.

But as you are SC candidate you have age relaxation of 5 yrs.

Just log on to UPSC website and find the majority details..

BEST OF LUCK>.....................
13th September 2011, 08:47 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

yes obiously you are eligible for the IES exam as there is 5year relaxation for the SC/ST candidates in the IES exams

IES Eligibility Criteria

Age limits: 21-30 years on 1st August of the year of Examination. (Upper age limit relax able for SCs/Sts, OBCs up to 5 years).
Educational Qualifications: A degree in Engineering from a recognised university or equivalent. M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain Services/posts only.
Candidates appearing at their engineering degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete. Candidates qualifying on the result of the written part of the Examina tion will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite examination along with their detailed application form to be filled up at that stage.
Fee: Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically Handicapped only)
13th September 2011, 09:53 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

IES entrance test or Indian Engineering Services entrance exam is designed for recruitment of engineers in government services.

IES Exam Eligibility Criteria:-

1) Age Limit:- 21-30 years on the first day of august of the year of examination.

2) Educational Qualifications:-
Applicable for the engineering graduates who have already completed or who are in last year. but last year students are required to produce the proof of passing engineering degree.

IES Exam Selection Procedure:-
1) Written Exam:- Consist of 5 papers of 200 marks each.
2) Personality Interview: who have qualified in written test will be called for personal interview where their personality will be judged, the personality interview will be of 200 marks.

Examination notifications are published in major newspaper and employment news in January / February

Exam is conducted in June/ July every year.

For more info visit UPSC website :- www.upsc.gov.in.
13th September 2011, 11:02 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
To appear in the IES exam you must have to be a graduate in any of the following streams:
1. Electrical Engineering
2. Electronics and Communications Engineering
3. Civil Engineering
4. Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university.
For general candidates the age should be within 21-30 years.
Some relaxation is there in upper age limit for SC/ST up to 5 years and 3 years for OBC.
Therefore it seems that you are eligible.
For more details follow the website-
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
13th September 2011, 11:13 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Yes of course.You can appear for this examination.

I.E.S i.e Indian Engineering Service Examination.

Union Public Service Commission conducts the examination every year.Every year large number of candidates are appear for this examination.Only Engineering candidates are eligible for this examination.

Lets see the eligibility criteria for this examination.

You should have a graduate degree in engineering from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.

The engineering degree in following categories like.....

Electrical Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

Civil Engineering

Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years at the time of appearing.

The age relaxation is given to the various reserved categories.

Those who are appearing in the final semester of degree course can also apply for this examination.

Selection Procedure : Written test and Personal Interview.

The application forms are available in two modes : 1)Online 2)Offline

The notification was published in the month of February in the official website or employment news paper.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
14th September 2011, 12:56 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, you can appear in IES exam as your from SC background..

Eligibility for IES exam:-

*The candidate must have complete the graduation in engineering field.
*The candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.
*The candidate can also appear in IES exam during the final year of B.tech or B.E course.
*The candidate have to write the exam in the syllabus of any of these fields like-
Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical/Civil..

Age eligibility:-

*The age should be in between 21-30 years ..
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years..

So, if you fulfill all these criteria then you can appear in IES exam.
All the best.
14th September 2011, 01:51 AM
saugata2008

Eligibility criteria for IES exam -

1. Graduation from any recognized university .
2. Age limit = 21 to 30 year for general (5 years relaxation for sc/st and 3 years relaxation for obc)
3. number permissible attempts = 4 times for general (7 times for sc/st)
4. Fee = 100/- (no fee for sc/st)

So according to the criteria it is clear that for the sc category candidates age limit is 21 to 30 years . So if you can satisfy all the other criteria then with 31 years age you are eligible for the exam .

Thank you
14th September 2011, 02:14 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

Hello dear

Eligibility Criteria For IES Exam exam is

>> Age limits :

21-30 years as on date of the exam.
(Upper age limit relaxation for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories).
For SC/ST candidates between 21 and 35 years of age.
For OBC candidates between 21 and 33 years of age.

>> Educational Qualifications :

Minimum degree engineering in(EC,ME,CE,EE) from a university recognized by the AICTE/University Grants Commission (UGC).

candidate can appear for the Prelims even if the final year's result is awaited provided you produce it while filling the Mains form.

For more check-http://www.upsc.gov.in/

all the best.......
14th September 2011, 09:44 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:

Hello,

You have not mentioned your qualification and your stream.

The eligibility criteria for the IES examination is that the candidate must has a degree of
-Electrical Engineering
-Electronics and Communications Engineering
-Civil Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering
or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

And the age of the candidate must be between 21 years to 30 years.Age relaxation of 5 years is given to the SC candidates.

So if your educational qualification equal to the above stated qualification then you are eligible to apply for the IES examination.

Best Wishes.....
15th September 2011, 11:37 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of SC category with an age of 31 years?

Quote:
Hey friend,

IES - Indian Engineering Service

This exam is conducted by UPSC and this exam is held every year and this exam is conducted for candidates to join in Indian Engineering Organization.

Eligibility for IES:

> Candidate must have a citizenship in India.

> Age limit for the IES exam is that the candidates who are from General category should have a age limit of 21-30 years.

> For candidates who are form SC/ST category they must have a age limit of 21-35 years.

> For candidates who are form OBC category they must have a age limit of 21-33 years.

> Regarding the education qualification for the IES exam the candidates who have done B.E/B.Tech in:

• Civil Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Electronics Engineering

are eligible for the IES exam.

The pattern for the IES exam:

Written Test
Interview.

Pattern for IES exam:

For more information regarding the exam you can get at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?