26th August 2011, 03:39 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IPS after graduating with a pass class?

I am intrested in giving IPS exam ,i have cleared my graduation with pass class so will i be eligible for IPS .kindly reply.

26th August 2011, 07:37 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS after graduating with a pass class?

Yes you are eligible to apply for the IPS post. This is provided you are at least 21 years old. Also you should not be over 30 years. The schedule for the next year exams has been released. The application forms will be available from 4th February to 5th March. The CSAT is scheduled for 20th May and mains on 5th October.
26th August 2011, 10:46 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am intrested in giving IPS exam ,i have cleared my graduation with pass class so will i be eligible for IPS .kindly reply.
Yes Definitely !!! There is no doubt about that.

I.P.S i.e Indian Police Service is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.It is a one of the top services in the UPSC Examination.Every year large number of candidates are appear for this examination.

Eligibility Criteria for this examination :-

---->You should have a graduate degree from a any recognized university or equivalent qualification.

---->There is no minimum marks required for this examination.

---->Graduation is enough to appear for this examination.

---->Your age should between 21 years to 30 years of age.

---->Upper relaxation is applicable SC/ST/OBC and other reserved categories.

The examination consist of Preliminary,Main and Interview.

This year preliminary examination was already over on.........12/06/11 and next notification of the examination details are announced in the official website.So please visit the official website for the details.

Preliminary exam details,Last date for receipt of application : 05.03.12 and Date of examination : 20.05.12

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
26th August 2011, 11:04 AM
Mannu2525

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IPS after graduating with a pass class?

Dear,

Yes, you are eligible for the post. For this, you must have to take civil service exam.

Eligibilty :
• Graduation degree in any major from a affiliated college.
• Age limit - 18-28 years (5 year relaxation to SC/ST and 3 year relaxation to OBC candidates)

GOOD LUCK
26th August 2011, 11:06 AM
Sehwag6

Ya you are eligible. Eligibility for ips:- educational qualification is graduation in any stream and age limit is 21 to 30years. Then apply union public service commission. All the best
26th August 2011, 12:48 PM
Lyk23

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IPS after graduating with a pass class?

Quote:
Yeah you are moreover eligible for the IPS exam after finishing you have passed out graduation.

The minimum qualification is a degree from a recognized university and there is no specific percentage that you must get to apply for this exam.

You must be a citizen of India and must have a age limit of 21-30 years and for SC/ST it is 35 and for OBC category candidates it is 33 years.

There are certain attempts that are allowed in the exam and for SC/ST there is no limit and for OBC it is 7 and for General category it is 4.

All the best.
26th August 2011, 01:00 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Hello dear

yes, you are eligible for IPS after graduating with a pass class.

the eligibility criteria for IPS exam is

>>Nationality
candidate must be a citizen of India.

>>Age Limits:

21-30 years for general candidate.

>>Minimum Educational Qualifications:

The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

etc.

all the best..........
26th August 2011, 01:29 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
Yes you are eligible for IPS,criterion is you have to be Graduate, your age must be between 21-30. That's it , if your age satisfies the criterion you can apply.
8th September 2011, 01:21 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Talking Re: Am I eligible for IPS after graduating with a pass class?

Quote:
It is very good on your decision to serve the country by becoming a IPS officer and for there are certain issues which you must come up for writing the IPS exam.

IPS exam is one of the Indian Civil Service exam and this exam is conducted by UPSC and this exam is held for the post of IPS officer

As you have said that you have finished your graduation with a pass ,that's enough to apply for the IPS Exam.

The other criteria's which you must satisfy are:

> You must have a citizenship in India.

> You must have a age limit of 21-30 years for General Category.

> You must have a age limit of 21-35 years for SC/ST Category.

> You must have a age limit of 21-33 years for OBC Category.

> If you are a Ex-service men then you will get 5 years exception form the prescribed limits.

> You must also be fit while appearing for the IPS exam and they may include:

Height:

Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest:

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

If you satisfy all the criteria's then you can apply for the IPS exam.

If you need more information regarding the exam you can check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th September 2011, 11:19 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

you are eligible
you should have an age between 21-30 years.
19th September 2011, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

i am SUNIT DAHIYA. Mane B.A. 41% se pass kiya h kya ma ips exam de sakta hu ?
19th September 2011, 09:08 PM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

Yes,of course you can do it.To appear in this examination you will have a graduation degree from a recognized university.Here i'm giving you the details of it.

IPS Eligibility :

Academic Qualification :
The candidate must be graduate from any university.

Age Limit :
ForGeneral :21 to 30 years.[SC/ST will get 5 years age relaxation and OBC will get 3 year age relaxation]

No Of Attempts :
General : 4.
SC/ST: Unlimited.
OBC :7.
3rd November 2011, 09:16 AM
VegaSridhar

Hi Friend,
Yes , you are eligible to attempt the exam. All Indian Citizens of age above 21 and with graduation in hand are eligible to appear UPSC exam.

To become an IPS, first thing you need to do is to apply when UPSC releases its notification. UPSC conducts the exam every year. It has three phases.
1.Prelims (Objective type):
It has two papers. One is CSAT, which includes aptitude,reading comprehension, logical reasoning,verbal ability and decision making, and the other paper is on General Studies.
You need to clear prelims in order to write Mains examination which is the second phase.

2.Mains Examination::
Once you clear the prelims, this is evident that you write Mains. This is the most crucial phase of the entire exam.As part of mains, first, you need to select two optional subjects of your interest out of the listed subjects by UPSC. You must be very thorough with these two optional subjects. You need to write one essay paper too,so you must have a very good writing skills.

And after that, you have English literature paper, Indian language paper (Telugu,Tamil,Kannada,Malayalam,Urdu,Hindi,Pali etc.) and General studies (GS) paper.

So overall you write 9 papers in the duration of 21 days. This phase contributes the maximum marks for your success.

3.Personal Interview::

Those who clear mains examination are called for personal interview. This will be in Delhi, UPSC bhavan.You will be asked so many questions about your background, current affairs, why do you want to be an IPS, your opinion about our country, India relations with other countries and so on.

Remember, You just need to clear prelims to appear for mains. Prelims marks are not going to be added to your overall marks. But clearing the prelims is must.

For more information, please find the attachment here. It is very useful to IPS aspirants.

Vega Sridhar
Attached Files
File Type: pdf How-to-Crack-Civil-Service-Exam-[WWW.UPSCPORTAl.COM].pdf(1.97 MB, 1151 views)
26th December 2012, 07:51 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Yes you are eligible for the IPS Exam if you have passed graduation with a pass class.

This is because the educational qualification that you should have to be eligible for the UPSC IPS Exam is you have completed your graduation from any recognized college/university in any discipline no matter how much percentage you have got.

So , if you have completed your graduation , then you need not to worry and just concentrate on your preparations.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
26th December 2012, 12:22 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IPS after graduating with a pass class?

Quote:

h friend,

Yes,off course you are eligible for the IPS Exam after completed graduation Degree ,....................

Subjects for IPS:
  • Geography
  • Geology
  • History
  • Law
  • Arabic
  • Assamese
  • Bengali
  • Agriculture
  • Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
  • Anthropology
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Civil Engineering
  • Commerce & Accountancy
  • Economics
  • Electrical Engineering

Exam pattern:-

all the best..............
10th May 2013, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir, am studying final year b.tech fashion technology in PSG tech coimbatore..
Am I eligible for IPS exam ???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?