4th March 2012, 10:03 PM
Apurba Kr. Barman

What is the eligibility criteria for IPS exam? How much percentage is needed in 12th exam?

Hi...myself Apurba,
I am a class 11 student.And i want to know how can i join IPS after i pass my class 12 exams.And by what percent should i pass my 12th exams,so that i become eligible for IPS????

5th March 2012, 08:24 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for IPS exam? How much percentage is needed in 12th exam?

IPS-INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer you have to appear and crack the Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC every year.

There is no requirement of any percentage of mark criteria for the above exam.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years of age in order to apply for Civil Service exam. There is upper age relaxation up to 5 years for Sc/ST candidate and up to 3 years for OBC candidate.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

There is certain prescribed physical fitness test for those applying for IPS:-

HEIGHT:-

For male(General Category)-165cm and for female-150cm
For male(SC/ST/OBC Category)-160cm and female-145cm

CHEST:-

Male-84cm and female-79cm expandable to 5cm for both the case.

If you are interested you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in for further information.
5th March 2012, 09:02 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for IPS exam? How much percentage is needed in 12th exam?

Hi dear............
The eligibility criteria for IPS exam are as follows.................

For more details visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.............
5th March 2012, 01:15 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: What is the eligibility criteria for IPS exam? How much percentage is needed in 12th exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apurba Kr. Barman View Post
Hi...myself Apurba,
I am a class 11 student.And i want to know how can i join IPS after i pass my class 12 exams.And by what percent should i pass my 12th exams,so that i become eligible for IPS????
Dear Aspirant

I appreciate your choice to serve for Nation. As you say you are in 11th class now & want to know how can join IPS after passing 12th.

Well it is to infirm that one can join IPS(Indian Police Service) only after completing Graduation degree & don,t worry about 12th percentage because there is no such restriction on 12th percentage for IPS.

After completing graduation degree, you have to appear in IPS recruitment exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission of India i.e. Civil Service Examination held once in a year.

Eligibility criteria for IPS exam(Civil Service Exam):

Educational qualification: Graduation passed in any specialization.

Minimum percentage: not required.

Age: 21 to 30years(for BC 21 to 33years & for Sc/st 21 to 35years)

Citizenship: Indian only.

Physical standard for IPS:

For Male-

Height:-165cm(ST/SC 160cm)

Chest:- 80cm(ST/SC 76cm)

For Female-

Height:-157cm

Chest:- 152cm

Visual Standard- Visual standard should be 6/6 right eye & 6/12 left eye or 6/9 both eyes without optical eyes.

>>>To know more about IPS civil service exam visit upsc official website: http://upsc.gov.in
5th March 2012, 01:54 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

hallo friend,
You want to appear in IPS exam in future.. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC every year to recruit students for the police service..
So, before appearing in IPS exam you have to fulfill some eligibility criteria first..

Eligibility for IPS exam:------------------->>

Educational qualification:----------------->>

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university.
2.Final year candidates are also eligible for the exam..
3.No such percentage of aggregate is required.
4.No number of attempt restriction..

Age limit:----------------->>

1.Candidates age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years..

Nationality:----------------->>

1.candidate should be a citizen of India.

These are the minimum requirements you have to fulfill.

After fulfilling the eligibility criteria you will be able to apply for IPS exam..
The exam held in three phases..
*Preliminary exam
**Main exam

***Interview..

After clearing all these steps you will be able to become an IPS officer..

So, go for it...
All the best.
5th March 2012, 03:06 PM
krithij23

Thumbs up Re: What is the eligibility criteria for IPS exam? How much percentage is needed in 12th exam?

Hi,
Since you are studying oly 11th standard, you have lots of time to prepare for upsc exams.
The first thing is that you should hold a undergraduate degree and it has nothing to do with your 12th standard results.
So prepare for your 12th exams.
But simultaneously get touched to the current affairs because they play a major role in civil services examination.
And regarding your doubts on UPSC exam,you can clarify it by viewinghttp://www.upsc.gov.in and alsohttp://www.upscexam.com

All the Best for your final exams.
5th March 2012, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi...myself Apurba,
Dear Friend,
To be eligible for joining the most prestigious and all demanding Civil Service and become an IPS Officer, at first you need to be a graduate from a recognised University, with at least 50% marks in aggregate and appear at the UPSC exams, kindly visit the UPSC Website for more details. In the UPSC Exams you will be given the opportunity to select services of your choice like IAS,IPS,IRS and so on.

With Regards, Your's Truly
Sibojyoti Chakrabarti
5th March 2012, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

hi, it's satya dev from delhi.. see dear firstly you have pass a graduation level exam from any recongnised university. and then you can apply for ips through upsc exam.
..to know more visit upsc.gov.in or upscportal.com, or if you have even any problam then ask me on [email protected], ok..
6th March 2012, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

what is the pattern of upsc exam?
8th March 2012, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

sir i am very interst in ips exam but what is the proces and what the qulifacitaion and what the ground event plz mail my id [email protected]
12th March 2012, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

backlog student can appear in ips exam?
6th April 2012, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

do u need maths to appear for the ips exam?
8th April 2012, 04:14 PM
MD AMIRULLAH

Hi my name is amirullah i want to be a ips offeser so you help me and i reading class 12 (i com)so nice of you
8th April 2012, 05:32 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Smile Re: What is the eligibility criteria for IPS exam? How much percentage is needed in 12th exam?

Quote:
Hi...myself Apurba,
Dear friend,

I appreciate your choice to serve for Nation. As you say you are in 11th class now & want to know how can join IPS after passing 12th.

Well it is to infirm that one can join IPS(Indian Police Service) only after completing Graduation degree & don,t worry about 12th percentage because there is no such restriction on 12th percentage for IPS.

After completing graduation degree, you have to appear in IPS recruitment exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission of India i.e. Civil Service Examination held once in a year.

Eligibility criteria for IPS exam(Civil Service Exam):

Educational qualification: Graduation passed in any specialization.

Minimum percentage: not required.

Age: 21 to 30years(for BC 21 to 33years & for Sc/st 21 to 35years)

Citizenship: Indian only.

Physical standard for IPS:

For Male-

Height:-165cm(ST/SC 160cm)

Chest:- 80cm(ST/SC 76cm)

For Female-

Height:-157cm

Chest:- 152cm

Visual Standard- Visual standard should be 6/6 right eye & 6/12 left eye or 6/9 both eyes without optical eyes.

To know more about IPS civil service exam visit upsc official website: http://upsc.gov.in

all the best
8th April 2012, 06:01 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI Dear

Eligibility criteria for IPS exam:-

*Candidate pass graduation in any stream

*Age- 21 to 30 above
3 years relaxation for OBC candidates
5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

*Candidate must be an indian......

Good Luck..............
8th April 2012, 08:41 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Marks in Graduation or 12th is not consider for the applying in for Indian police Service.

It is just that you need to be passed in both 12th and bachelor degree from recognized university

and

fulfill other minimum requirement to be able to apply in INDIAN POLICE ADMINISTRATION.

Minimum Qualification

YOU should be Graduate in any discipline from recognized university.

Number of Attempt

General - 4 attempt

OBC - 7 Attempt

SC/ST - No limit on number of attempt

Age Limit

General - 21 to 30 yrs

OBC - 21 to 33 yrs

SC/ST - 21 to 35 yrs

Physical Standard

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)

For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST : Male - 160 cm and Female :145 cm

Chest

male candidates is ---84 (+ 5cm).

female candidates---- 79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision.
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
9th April 2012, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

hello sir. now i'm doing 3rd year engineering in anna university. and my vision power is -2.5 in both eyes. can i apply for ips exam?
18th April 2012, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Gud morning....
Sir,
I want to know that is this possible for me to be an IPS without math.....???
18th April 2012, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,now my vision power is -2.8i both eyes. can i apply for ips exam
18th April 2012, 07:42 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hi...myself Apurba,

Eligibility Criteria for IPS:

Educational qualification:
You should have completed your graduation in any discipline from any recognized university. Marks of graduation or 12th is not required. Only a graduation degree is the only educational criteria.

Age limit:
Should have crossed 21 years. But should not have crossed 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

Physical Standard:
Height – Male 165 cm

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123,
age 24 – 124,
age 25 –122,
age 28 – 124,
age 30 –125,
age 32 – 126,
age 34 – 127.

Others:
Good listening & normal ear cavity. Candidate should not stammer while speaking.

For more details visit UPSC official website: http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th April 2012, 08:39 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

Firstly I have to Informed You that There is No minimum Percentage Eligiblity criteria to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, Because any graduate passed candidates are Eligible to apply for this examination.

>> The examination was conducted by UPSC Every year and the examination was held in 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination. Preliminary examination are also called CSAT Examination, the examination pattern was already changed by UPSC and now there are 2 papers in this examination and both are Objective, so firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination and Only then you are eligible for Main examination.

>>So, To apply for UPSC Civil services examination to become IPS Officer, Then you need to fulfill the Given Eligiblity criteria -

(a) You must be a graduate in any discipline form a recognised university.
(b) Your age should between 21 to 30 Years.
(c) Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC candidates
(d) Final year graduate candidates are also eligible for this examination.

So, If you are Pursuing your Final year Graduate degree course OR completed your Graduation then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

The examination was Held Every year and in this examination general candidates will gets 4 Attempts, OBC will gets 7 Attempts and No restrictions for SC/ST Candidates.

>> The Notification was Published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC Official website in the Month of February every year, The Next year UPSC Civil services examination dates are Updated in the official website, So please visit the UPSC website for Complete Information -

http://upsc.gov.in
22nd April 2012, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

Sir: i am a student of bba final now i want to join IPS but my percentage is less than 50 Give me advise please
26th April 2012, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

sir: i have good percentage in b.a now i want to join IPS, but my eye-sight is week. is there any requirment for this?
27th April 2012, 08:33 AM
ravi17283

hi,
minimum age of 21 years,degree certificate of any course and your nationality(India) should be must to make yourself eligible to write UPSC exam.number of attempts for this exam is 5 if a person belongs to general category and relaxation is given for minority candidates upto 7 attempts.....best of luck
1st May 2012, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

dear sir i am passed my 10 2 exam so how i can join ips exam
2nd May 2012, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Can a bds intern is eligible for ips exam
3rd May 2012, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

i finished my 12th so can i required for IPS so please help how do i conform for IPS.
9th May 2012, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

i want to become a ips officer please tell what type of question they may ask???
11th May 2012, 12:14 PM
indu_sarabhai

NDA i.e National Defence Academy Examination is conducted by Upsc twice in a year.

It is good thing,If your interested Prepare right from your 11th.The Exam pattern of NDA Written Test.

There is a Two papers In NDA Written Test and both are Multiple choice Questions.The papers consist of 900 Marks.

Paper 1 Mathematics 300 marks.

Paper 2 Consist of 600 Marks.While consist of 200 Marks for English.Remaining 400 Marks consist of General ability Test.

General ability Test has six sections with break of up 400 Marks.The Papers of Physics,Chemistry,General Science,History,Geography and Current Events.

Time Duration : 2 1/2 Hrs.

Eligibility criteria :
The age should between 16 1/2 - 19 Yrs of age at the time Appearing.
The candidate must have a completed their 12th In School Education Or Equivalent Examination.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
12th May 2012, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

I Complited civil engg,and which subject i should select for IPS?
31st May 2012, 07:52 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Complete Information About IPS Examination -

Firstly I have to Inform you that the IAS/IPS Examination was conducted by UPSC Every Year and To Become IPS Officer you need to apply for the UPSC Civil services Examination.

The Examination also Knows as (CSAT) Civil Services Aptitude Test.

And To appear in this examination you have to complete Your Graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised University.

So, if your age should between 21 to 30 years, then you are eligible to apply for this examination, Final year Graduate Candidates are also eligible for Civil services examination.

The Examination was conducted into Two Stages.

>> Preliminary Examination (Compulsory for all candidates)

>> Main Examination (Only for those who Crack the Preliminary examination).

The Notification was Declared in the Month of February and Published in the employment Newspaper and In the Official Official Website.

Eligible Candidates May Fill the Application form Online By visit the Official website, If you are Interested to apply for this examination, then please wait for the Nest year Notification, The application form was also availiable in the Post offices in India, You can also Obtained form there. And For Complete Information please visit the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?