3rd May 2013, 12:03 AM
amitkumar393

How to become an IPS officer? Can I become an IPS officer after graduating in MBBS?

sir i want to become a ips officer but parents want to be a doctor. sir can i become ips officer after gurating mbbs

3rd May 2013, 09:15 AM
climber
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer? Can I become an IPS officer after graduating in MBBS?

Dear friend,
Indian Police Service:

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.This exam is one of the Indian Civil Service exam and this exam is being conducted by UPSC and this held every year for candidates to join in for the post of IPS officer.

Eligibility criteria:

-->Candidate must be Indian.

-->you must be completed degree with any disciplne from a recognized university or college.

-->your age should be 21 years and must have attained 30 years as of applying of examination.

-->Upper age limits exits as per Govt rules.

-->you should not be a IAS or IFS officer before so that you cannot apply for the IPS exam.

IPS exam contains Three stages:

-->Preliminay exam

-->Main exam

-->Interview

you need to pass the preliminary exam and then the main exam and following the interview as it as a step procedure in order to join IPS officer.

Following is the paper pattern of IPS exam:

Physical Standard of IPS:

all the best............
3rd May 2013, 09:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer? Can I become an IPS officer after graduating in MBBS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkumar393 View Post
sir i want to become a ips officer but parents want to be a doctor. sir can i become ips officer after gurating mbbs
I think you are now in 12th standard in Science department .

So after that you can choose any degree course .If your dream is to be doctor then you will give the entrance exams for medical exam .

If you want to be IPS officer .Then you can choose any degree course .After the completion of your degree course you are applicable for IPS exam .Even final year of degree course candidate also can apply here .

So first you have gain the brief knowledge for IPS exam .i have discussed below for this exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police service.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC.This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam .

Those candidate have completed graduation degree from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.Final year student are applicable for IPS Exam.

The Age criteria for IPS Exam is given below -

Minimum Age = 21 years old
Maximum Age = 30 years old

Age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum no of attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

If MBBS course is equivalent to Bachelor degree then you can apply here after MBBS degree , generally MBBS degree holder candidate neglect the civil service exam.

3rd May 2013, 01:39 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

IPS(Indian Police Service) exams are conducted by UPSC every year.
To become IPS officer you need to complete your Graduation from a recognized university.
Minimum qualification required to appear for IPS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.
SO you are eligible for this exam after completing your graduation in Medicine(MBBS)..........

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Educational Qualifications for IPS :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd May 2013, 04:35 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..........

After completing MBBS You can become the IPS Officer.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:

Nationality:

Candidate should be origin of India.

Educational Qualification:

The candidate should complete the Graduation from any recognized University.

And Candidate have no restrictions for the marks.

Final year pursuing candidates are also eligible for this exam.

Age limit:

Your min age limit is above 21 years.

Your max age limit is below 30 years.

Relaxation:

3 years upper age relaxation for OBC Candidates.

5 years upper age relaxation for SC\ST Candidates.

10 years upper age relaxation for PWD Candidates.

No of Attempts:

General Candidates- 4 times

OBC Candidates - 7 times

SC\ST Candidates - No limit

Physical Standards:

Selection Process:

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

Referred Site:

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best..........
3rd May 2013, 08:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes MBBS is equivalent to Graduation and you will be eligible for IPS examination after becoming a doctor. In fact many doctors clear Civil Services Examination every year. So don't worry and take admission into a good MBBS college.

Any Graduate from a recognised University can appear for Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC provided he/she fulfills other criteria.

Age Limit:

General Category - 21 to 30 years

OBC Category - 21 to33 years

SC/ST Category- 21 to 35 years

You also must be an Indian Citizen and must have required physical fitness if you want to become an IPS officer through Civil Services examination.

The selection as an IPS Officer will be based on the marks in following stages:

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains and Interview

-Medical Examination

So you can start your preparation from now and don't worry about the eligibility criteria.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th May 2013, 08:44 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkumar393 View Post

Dear Aspirant,

There is No any Problem after completing your MBBS you can definitely join IPS !!!!!

IPS stands for the Indian Police Service This exam is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission Under the Civil Service Examination......

For Becoming eligible for IPS you have to first of all Be Bachelor Degree holder from any Recognized Universities in any branch of study OR you are pursuing the final year study then you can eligible for it According to Educational Qualification.....

After Being Graduate you have to apply for the Civil Service Examination which is one of the Toughest Exam is India......

This exam is conducted in three stages:

1. Written Exam and

2. Personal Interview

3. Medical Test

Eligibility and Criteria:-

1. A candidate must be an Indian Origin.

2. A candidate must have completed at least their Bachelor Degree in any field.

3. Final year of Graduation degree can also applicable.

4. Age of Candidate should be between 21 to 30 years.

5. Relaxation for OBC 3 years on maximum age provided.

6. For SC/ST it is 5 years.

7. General Attempt is max. 4 Times.

8. While OBC students can max. 7 times.

9. No Age Limit for SC/ST.

Physical Requirement:-

1. A candidate should Mentally as well as Physically Strong.

2. Chest of at least 84 Cm.

3. Chest Expansion minimum 5 Cm.

4. Eyesight 6/6

Exam Pattern:-

Best Coaching Center for IPS:-

Synergy Siddharth
synergyias.com/

Ganesh IAS
ganeshias.com/

Shankar IAS Academy
www.shankariasacademy.com/

Excell Career India
www.excellcareerindia.org/

Success IAS Academy
www.successiasacademy.com/

Indian IAS Academy
www.indianiasacademy.com/

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?