16th February 2013, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IPS exam after graduating in B.Tech Mechanical Engineering

sir, i am a graduate in b-tech mechanical engg.can i eligible for ips exam.

Related Questions:
17th February 2013, 10:01 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS exam after graduating in B.Tech Mechanical Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, i am a graduate in b-tech mechanical engg.can i eligible for ips exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police service.IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam .

Those candidate have completed graduation degree from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

Final year student are applicable for IPS Exam.

You have completed B-tech degree in Mechanical Engineering so you are applicable for Civil Service Exam .

Your age should be in between 21-30 years for general candidate.Age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.Also you must be citizen of India.

IPS exam is consist of 3 process - Preliminary Exam . Mains Exam and Personal Interview .

You can apply for this exam through online or offline by UPSC exam .The Cost of Examination Application form Rs.100/- for General and OBC candidates and Free for SC/ST candidates .

Civil Services Preliminary Exam :

Date of Notification : 02.02.2013
Last date of Receipt of Application : 04.03.2013
Exam Date : 19.05.2013

Civil Service Main Exam :

Exam Date : 08.11.2013

For more details of IPS Exam , You can visit to www.upsc.gov.in
17th February 2013, 01:26 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS exam after graduating in B.Tech Mechanical Engineering

Yes, you are eligible for IPS after Graduating in B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering.

To become an IPS(Indian Police Service) officer one has to successfully get through the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass i any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

Apart from this the candidate aspiring for IPS, should have minimum Physical Requirement such as:-

HEIGHT - General/OBC Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST - Male - 84cm while Female - 79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th February 2013, 03:32 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IPS is Indian Police Services.

Yes, you are eligible for IPS exam after graduating in B.Tech Mechanical Engineering.

The eligibility criteria required for the IPS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs for General contendors.
21-33 yrs for OBC contendors.
21-35 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* No. of attempts- 5 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contendors.

* Final year contendors of graduation are also eligible for this examination.

* Nationality- Indian.

* Physically and mentally fit.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
21st February 2013, 05:29 PM

dear friend,

you are eligible for the ips exam which is conducted by the upsc.

some details regarding the exam:

IPS stands for Indian Police service.IPS exam is conducted by UPSC.
  1. The eligibility criteria required for the IPS examination are prescribed as below:-
  2. Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognised college or university.
  3. Age limit- 21-30 yrs for General contendors.
  4. 21-33 yrs for OBC contendors.
  5. 21-35 yrs for SC/ST contendors.
  6. No. of attempts- 5 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contendors.
  7. Final year contendors of graduation are also eligible for this examination.
  8. Nationality- Indian.
  9. Physically and mentally fit.

the candidate should plan time to be spend for preparation of each subject.

*it is essential to go through the NCERT books of class 6 to 12 .

*candidate should make them self up dated regarding the current affairs by reading the daily news paper. *monthly magazine will also be helpful.

*in case of preliminary examination ,it will easier for the candidate to score well in case they select subject like geography,political science ,public administration and history.

*preparing with first five year paper will be very much helpful.

*it will be very much important for the student to develop their presentation skill.

Some Interview Questions : Meaning of your name or about a famous person who has the same name as you About your choice of career Recent current topics How do you plan to perform your duty About your academic record Hypothetical Questions Complete the training successfully , you will have to fulfill the following requirements A weekly run of 10Kms in 60 min Route march of 25Kms Horse riding , rock climbing , assault courses PT obstacles Rope Climbing

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

24th March 2013, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for give ips and ips exam after completing b.tech in aeronautical
10th May 2013, 07:19 PM
Zaxzavier

Am studying B.tech fashion technology am I eligible for IPS exam ?
28th July 2013, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

AM I ELIGIBLE FOR IPS EXAM AFTER COMPLETING B. TECH MECHANICAL ENGINERING
21st December 2013, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

I am 3rd year student of b.tech mechanical.How i prepare the examination of IPS ? And what kind of subject i choose in preppreparation?
5th August 2014, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

hlw myself pankaj suyal.
i am a student of b.tech 1st year with mechanical branch. can u tell me how i prepare of ips exam & which subject i should take for better result. which books i prepare...??
23rd August 2020, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

What is the no of seats in ips of b tech in mechanical engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?