15th April 2011, 11:57 PM
Dileep chandrawanshi

Am I eligible for ISRO after completing B.E Mechanical with 71% and 2 Backlogs?

i have completed BE from mechanical branch with 71% , but i had get 2 backs, am i eligible for ISRO exam?

16th April 2011, 07:24 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for ISRO after completing B.E Mechanical with 71% and 2 Backlogs?

Education qualification for ISRO is

we need to have a qualificatio of BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available).THAT you have...

you have to complete your b.tech first that is need to clear your backlogs..then only you will be eligible to sear for ISRO...

and also Candidates with age limit of 35 years.

so hope you clear then it wont be a problem to appear for ISRO..
16th April 2011, 08:47 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for ISRO after completing B.E Mechanical with 71% and 2 Backlogs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dileep chandrawanshi View Post
i have completed BE from mechanical branch with 71% , but i had get 2 backs, am i eligible for ISRO exam?
Dear Dileep

As you mentioned that you have completed your B.Tech. in Mechanical
Engineering which reflects that your B.Tech. is completed and also your
backlogs have been cleared.

If it is so that the backlogs are cleared then there won't be any problem
in most of the recruitment exams.

This years the ISRO SC recruitment exam is over.

You can definitely apply for the same next year.

Here I am attaching some question papers of Mechanical stream for
recruitment in ISRO for the post of Scientist.

Refer the questions for your preparation.

Thank You
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MH-2006.pdf(470.4 KB, 95 views)
File Type: pdf MH-2007.pdf(426.4 KB, 89 views)
File Type: pdf MH-2008.pdf(451.4 KB, 80 views)
File Type: pdf MH-2009.pdf(470.5 KB, 88 views)
16th April 2011, 09:51 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for ISRO after completing B.E Mechanical with 71% and 2 Backlogs?

Quote:

ELIGIBILITY FOR ISRO EXAM

Yes, you are eligible for ISRO exam... but the date to apply for ISRO exam is over by feb.. Now you can only apply by next year...

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

-> Citizen of India.

-> 65 % above in B.E/B.Tech course.

-> Age Limit : Not above 35 years.

-> For further details about the upcoming ISRO exam on 16th April CLICK HERE!!!
16th April 2011, 10:09 PM
ghorwahas

first u should complete ur b.tech from recognised university with above 65%.
16th April 2011, 11:08 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for ISRO after completing B.E Mechanical with 71% and 2 Backlogs?

Look backlogs hinder your placements as long as they are not cleared.

Once the backlogs are cleared, then their is no problem at all.

As you say that you have completed your BE in Mechanical engineering, then i presume that you have cleared your backlogs as well, hence their would not much problem in your placement in ISRO as an engineer.

Minimum Educational Qualification:

BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available). Final year students can also apply provided final Degree is available by 31.8.2011.

Age Limit:

35 years as on 28-02-2011 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates, Ex-serviceman and Persons with Disabilities[PWD] are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders).

However, selections for this year are over, so you cannot apply this year now. However, you can apply next year.

For more details, please visit:

http://www.isac.gov.in/CentralBE/advt.jsp
16th April 2011, 11:27 PM
piyush121

Smile Re: Am I eligible for ISRO after completing B.E Mechanical with 71% and 2 Backlogs?

hello friend,

As you have done BE in mechanical engineering it means that you have got the degree and all your backlogs are cleared.

so your getting degree means that your backlog papers are cleared , so you won't face any problem in the recruitment exam.So don't worry.You are eligible for the ISRO exam.

The age limit of the candidate for ISRO exam is 35 years.

best wishes!!!!!!!!

regards,
piyush anand
17th April 2011, 12:17 AM
vaibhavkgavali

yes u are eligible for isro exams eligibility criteria is aggregate 65%
17th April 2011, 12:34 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You need to have completed your graduation. With a back log you will not be allowed to appear for the test. You can apply once you complete the same. You can in the mean time start preparing for the test. Make sure to solve previous year papers for the same.
17th April 2011, 01:00 AM
kunal4win

you have
completed your B.Tech. in
Mechanical
Engineering
17th April 2011, 01:28 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Education qualification
BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65%.
which i think you have , but they dont accept students having backlog, so apply after clearing backlogs.
17th April 2011, 02:16 AM
Samad M
Member+

* BE/B.Tech
or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average
of all semesters for which results are available). Candidates who are
slated to complete the BE/B.Tech course in the academic year 2010-11
are also eligible to apply provided final Degree is available

as indicated above it is the overall average percentage throughout your engineering and not semester wise so you will be eligible if you get the average marks 65%

In most of the entrance exam after engineering like IAS,IFS,IES,DRDO,...etc your eligibility percentage is average percentage after 8th semester .Yes in some of the cases it is asked for individual semester ,but the cases are very rare especially at the time of admission in universities or in private sector but always it is specified in eligibility criteria
18th April 2011, 06:28 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for ISRO after completing B.E Mechanical with 71% and 2 Backlogs?

Quote:
Yes you are eligible to apply for the ISRO examination. This year the last date of submission of application form is now over.
But you can apply in the next year.
The eligiblity criteria required for the admission in ISRO is mentioned below:

Education Qualification
To apply for the ISRO a candidate should
have a degree of engineering in any discipline
from a recognized university.
Candidate should not have scored less then 65%
marks in engineering.

Age Limt
For the ISRO candidate age should not be above
35 years.

For more information on ISRO examination visit
at the below web site
http://www.isac.gov.in
18th April 2011, 08:15 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

we need to have a qualificatio of BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available).THAT you have...

you have to complete your b.tech first that is need to clear your backlogs..then only you will be eligible to sear for ISRO...

so hope you clear then it wont be a problem to appear for ISRO..
19th April 2011, 12:17 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for ISRO exam.For ISRO exam you must have 65% above in B.Tech & your age should not above 35 years.

good luck
19th April 2011, 12:54 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

PSU Query !!

General requirements:

• B.E. /B.Tech. /B.Sc.(Engg.) – Degree required

• For final-year students, the final result of 8th semester and mark-sheets must be presented at the time of interview.

• Minimum cut-off % of B.Tech varies for different PSUs Gen. Category:-60%-70%; Reserved Category:-50%-60%.

• Some PSUs allow only present final year students and last two year pass-outs. e.g. NTPC

Quote:
Am I eligible for ISRO after completing B.E Mechanical with 71% and 2 Backlogs?
You are Eligible But before Joining Any PSU Job (Under any Condition or if you cleared PSU Exam), you must be all clear with all your Backlogs.

So , be Confidence in yourself and Good Luck.
19th April 2011, 02:52 AM
amlendu shekhar
Junior Member+

Hi dear,

so hope you clear then it wont be a problem to appear for ISRO

You are Eligible But before Joining Any PSU Job (Under any Condition or if you cleared PSU Exam), you must be all clear with all your Backlogs.

So , be Confidence in yourself and Good Luck.

Thanks
22nd July 2011, 01:43 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

As you say that you have completed your BE in Mechanical engineering, then i presume that you have cleared your backlogs as well, hence their would not much problem in your placement in ISRO as an engineer.

Minimum Educational Qualification:

BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available). Final year students can also apply provided final Degree is available by 31.8.2011.

Age Limit:

35 years as on 28-02-2011 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates.
18th January 2012, 04:18 PM
adlsm

ALL THE BEST
9th February 2012, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

SIR I WANT TO ASK A QUESTION THAT I AM A FINAL YEAR STUDENT OF B.TECH IN (ELECTRONIC AND COMMUNICATION) WITH NO BACKLOGS AND MY AGGREGATE PERCENT UPTO 3 YEAR IS 70% BUT MY 10th & 12th PERCENT IS BELOW 60% SO CAN I APPLY FOR ISRO JOB .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?